Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concert time!

Concert time!

Summer is approaching and concert season is ready to rock….finally. I’m lucky living in Denver as we usually get a lot of great bands plus we have Red Rocks which is one of the best venues in the world. I’m seeing Whiskey Myers, Chris Stapleton and The Lumineers this summer. Who are seeing this year?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Concert time!

I think I'm seeing some sort of Queen tribute band at Red Rocks this summer. My brother got the tickets. I am just along for the ride. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think I'm seeing some sort of Queen tribute band at Red Rocks this summer. My brother got the tickets. I am just along for the ride. Should be fun.
    It’s a cool spot. You’ll like it. Plus, it’s easy to tailgate for a bit before entering.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

5. Likes:

Boston Red (05-20-2022)

I just saw Leon Bridges here in Asheville. Next week I’m seeing Robert Earl Keen on his farewell tour, then Jason Isbell the week after that.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

7. Likes:

Chip R (05-25-2022),Gainesville Red (05-21-2022),Redhook (05-21-2022)

Jealous about Chris Stapleton. Just saw Joe Jackson last monday. Going to see Anthrax with Black Label Society in August, and Iron Maiden 6,yes, 6 times in October. It's not a concert, but we are going to see Midgets With Attitude, midget wrestling, in june.

9. Likes:

Redhook (05-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Jealous about Chris Stapleton. Just saw Joe Jackson last monday. Going to see Anthrax with Black Label Society in August, and Iron Maiden 6,yes, 6 times in October. It's not a concert, but we are going to see Midgets With Attitude, midget wrestling, in june.
    https://tenor.com/vPfJ.gif

Rock on! Wow, that’s quite the lineup.
    Last edited by Redhook; 05-21-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Summer is approaching and concert season is ready to rock….finally. I’m lucky living in Denver as we usually get a lot of great bands plus we have Red Rocks which is one of the best venues in the world. I’m seeing Whiskey Myers, Chris Stapleton and The Lumineers this summer. Who are seeing this year?
    Saw Stapleton this past Fall......wow. You go in expecting to be blown away.....and yet it exceeds all expectations.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Saw Stapleton this past Fall......wow. You go in expecting to be blown away.....and yet it exceeds all expectations.
    Wow, that’s great to hear! Thanks

We went to Leon Bridges in St. Augustine Thursday night. It's a cool outdoor venue - Loved it, it's not WILDLY hot and humid and mosquito-y yet - he was great, we had a really good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    We went to Leon Bridges in St. Augustine Thursday night. It's a cool outdoor venue - Loved it, it's not WILDLY hot and humid and mosquito-y yet - he was great, we had a really good time.
    He’s really good. I like his style.

Every time I hear his name I think of Todd Bridges (coincidentally, that’s Leon’s real name) from Diff’rent Strokes. Whatcha talking’ ‘bout Willis?

I reluctantly made the decision to not attend Rockville in Daytona this weekend. I love concerts, but as I have gotten older I have turned against these large "festivals" where tons of acts perform at a single location......traffic, parking, facilities are often subpar and get worse as the weekend goes. This year it includes KISS, Guns & Roses, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Megadeth, Shinedown, Korn, Bush and many others. I think it was the right decision as it has rained all weekend.....and the Daytona Speedway infield is probably a mess.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

16. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-23-2022)

They call me "chef"

Last concert tickets I bought were for the National in Japan.

In March 2020.

The Japanese ticket broker was very helpful with refunds.

You won’t believe this. I’m taking the whole squad to see The Killers in August. 4 tickets for $155 out the door. That’s crazy low! It was through Ticketmaster too. Guess I’m making up for lost time this summer….lol. We usually go to 2 concerts, maybe 3. We have 4 on the books already

Would have liked to have seen the Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road concert but it looks like I won't make it. My sister saw him in Atlanta and Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Would have liked to have seen the Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road concert but it looks like I won't make it. My sister saw him in Atlanta and Lexington.
    We saw him in DC before COVID. It was a good show. He played all of his most popular songs and it was about two hours. Still didn't surpass the best concert we went to, which was Paul McCartney in 2013 at Nationals Stadium.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?