Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Concert time!

Re: Concert time!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    We saw him in DC before COVID. It was a good show. He played all of his most popular songs and it was about two hours. Still didn't surpass the best concert we went to, which was Paul McCartney in 2013 at Nationals Stadium.
    Sir Paul is the absolute best...I think he would play all night if they let him.

Have 2 tix to see him again in Syracuse...wish it was elsewhere, the Dome is not a great venue for a concert. Basketball yes...concert no.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-25-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Weird Al is coming to Wichita September 1. I'm going to have to get to that one.

Saw Garth a couple of weeks ago. Seeing Smashing Pumpkins this Friday and have tickets for Zac Brown Band later this summer.

Not sure if I will go to another concert this summer. I don't really like to go to mid week concerts unless I REALLY like the band.

6. Likes:

Redhook (05-25-2022),Rojo Rijo (07-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Sir Paul is the absolute best...I think he would play all night if they let him.

Have 2 tix to see him again in Syracuse...wish it was elsewhere, the Dome is not a great venue for a concert. Basketball yes...concert no.
    Yes he is! When we went the concert lasted about 2 1/2 hours and was near midnight when it was over. It had been delayed an hour or so because of some bad thunderstorms that had rolled through DC. So it was around 9 pm before it even started. Just a great show and if anyone has a chance to see him go do it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

KoryMac5 (05-25-2022)

So we pulled the trigger at the last moment and went to see Elton John last night, fantastic show, scratch that one off the bucket list.

10. Likes:

Chip R (07-19-2022),cumberlandreds (07-20-2022),Dom Heffner (07-21-2022),Gainesville Red (07-21-2022),goreds2 (07-19-2022),LeatherPants (07-21-2022),Revering4Blue (07-21-2022),Sea Ray (07-20-2022)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    So we pulled the trigger at the last moment and went to see Elton John last night, fantastic show, scratch that one off the bucket list.
    One of my best friends left in tears- he said it was a religious experience.

He wasnt even that big a fan.

12. Likes:

moewan (07-23-2022)

I saw him before the pandemic, it was an amazing show.

I saw him... in 1976, also a fantastic show, my second concert (my third was the next night, Jethro Tull)

15. Likes:

moewan (07-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I saw him... in 1976, also a fantastic show, my second concert (my third was the next night, Jethro Tull)
    Jethro Tull was my first. 3rd row center, Thick as a Brick tour. Student lottery on the ticket selection, I couldn't hear for days.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

17. Likes:

westofyou (07-21-2022)

Saw Black Label Society. 311 is coming to Lexington in September, I'll be there for sure.

19. Likes:

moewan (07-23-2022)

Seen him a bunch of times. Never a disappointment.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Saw Garth a couple of weeks ago. Seeing Smashing Pumpkins this Friday and have tickets for Zac Brown Band later this summer.

Not sure if I will go to another concert this summer. I don't really like to go to mid week concerts unless I REALLY like the band.
    Just did back to back Garth shows last weekend. I'm exhausted but it was worth it.

I don't know if anyone has seen the Smashing Pumpkins in concert recently, but it was the first concert I have ever been to that I felt like the main guy just didn't want to be there. For half the show Billy Corgin looked like he was there cashing a check. It was an odd show to say the least.

Saw Elton twice, once probably 15 years ago, wife got free tickets from work, last row in US Bank. He put on a good show, it was just after he released a new album so he played a handful of songs off that album that I wasn't too fond of.

Saw him with Billy Joel and it was fantastic. At the time Joel had a little more stamina, but the concert was a blast. Easily one of the top 5 I have ever been to.
    Last edited by bucksfan2; 07-22-2022 at 10:09 AM.

23. Likes:

moewan (07-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen the Smashing Pumpkins in concert recently, but it was the first concert I have ever been to that I felt like the main guy just didn't want to be there. For half the show Billy Corgin looked like he was there cashing a check. It was an odd show to say the least.

Saw Elton twice, once probably 15 years ago, wife got free tickets from work, last row in US Bank. He put on a good show, it was just after he released a new album so he played a handful of songs off that album that I wasn't too fond of.

Saw him with Billy Joel and it was fantastic. At the time Joel had a little more stamina, but the concert was a blast. Easily one of the top 5 I have ever been to.
    I know a guy who saw them in Mexico (SP) he enjoyed it. I dumped them after experiencing an angry Coorigan following a smoking Beastie Boys show at Lollapalooza. He ranted and raved about them, their music and their fans. A real tool he is, I can't give him any more of my money

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Would have liked to have seen the Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road concert but it looks like I won't make it. My sister saw him in Atlanta and Lexington.
    I saw Elton John at St John's Arena at Ohio State way back in the day. I looked up the date and it was Oct. 6 1973. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road had been released the day before (Oct 5) so he played big chunks of it. The problem was, we hadn't heard the album. He led off with Funeral For A Friend and we were like "this is cool, but what is it?". The first encore was Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting and it rocked so hard I thought the old arena was going to fall down. After buying the album the day after the show, it all made more sense.

Saw him with Billy Joel at Ohio Stadium some time in the early 90's. Good show, but my problem is that I saw all the classic bands in their heyday and nothing matches seeing history happen.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elton...-43da8b4b.html
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 07-22-2022 at 12:40 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

26. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-22-2022),westofyou (07-22-2022)

Turn Off Ads?