Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 5-21-22 Reds @ Blue Jays 3'07 PM

Re: 5-21-22 Reds @ Blue Jays 3'07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The level of play in these losses is far better than what we were seeing earlier, might not translate immediately to wins but it’s way better than April.
    The pitching is better, yes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Of course he’s hurt. Why should he be producing and healthy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Connor Overton has a sore back
    He’s too skinny.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-21-2022)

He’s small boned.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    McLain = India = Senzel

By that I mean it seems like the Reds are drafting the same type of player.

Solid maybe but not elite. When is the last time since Jay Bruce we’ve had genuine reason to be excited about an OF prospect?
    Ehhhh, McLain was drafted like 18th overall. I cannot really compare it to the Senzel pick at, what, 2?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    He’s small boned.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that’s what she said
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    BoBichette? BoBichette?! Where?
    It does work, but only after you’ve had all your teeth taken out

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Crazy and a shame that this Blue Jays team missed the playoffs last year.

Besides the fact that they are beating the Reds right now, they are a really talented and fun team. Easy to like.
    Very easy to like. One end of the Jay’s dugout has been christened The Barrio and all the hispanic players hang out and lark about there to keep loose. The other players on the team can be honorary members if the latinos think they “deserve” it. They have the home run jacket that gets put on a player after he hits one and whoever is being interviewed after the game for Sportsnet TV (this evening it was Bichette) gets doused from a huge bucket of ice water. The interviewer, usually poor Hazel Mae, gets soaked every time too.

Another good afternoon at the Rogers Centre, apart from the result. I loved watching Greene bamboozle the Jays through his six innings, but, boy, that Bichette HR was a rocket, one of the crispest bat sounds I’ve ever heard. I liked Hunter’s composure after Moustakas’ pathetic throw kept the inning going longer than it should have. Apparently, the Jays had been wrongly informed that the Reds are actually a team of vampires, which is why they opened the roof during the game to let the sun in. Of course, it back-fired when the Reds took the lead. As soon as the Jays went ahead, though, the result felt inevitable. If the recent improvement in Reds SP continues, when we have India, Barrero, Solano and Schrock back our team might once again hold their own in respectable company.

Go Greene - Hopefully, the Reds sustainable option!

14. Likes:

757690 (05-21-2022),cumberlandreds (05-21-2022),Revering4Blue (05-21-2022),Tom Servo (05-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysland Red View Post
    Very easy to like. One end of the Jay’s dugout has been christened The Barrio and all the hispanic players hang out and lark about there to keep loose. The other players on the team can be honorary members if the latinos think they “deserve” it. They have the home run jacket that gets put on a player after he hits one and whoever is being interviewed after the game for Sportsnet TV (this evening it was Bichette) gets doused from a huge bucket of ice water. The interviewer, usually poor Hazel Mae, gets soaked every time too.
    True.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...eded-that.html

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    Just happy we beat Cleveland. The rest of the games I couldn’t care less, actually I prefer we lose.
    Then why are you here? Next Cleveland-Reds game 2023. And who is "WE" I had no idea you played for the Reds.

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-22-2022)

Turn Off Ads?