Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 5/22 Minor League Scores

5/22 Minor League Scores

Six games on the schedule today.

With no games tomorrow, this is a nice ending to the week.

Louisville already trails in their first game of the day 7-0. It's the 3rd inning, and they'll have to play it without Nick Senzel, who got sent to the showers slightly earlier than everyone else due to arguing with a rabbit-eared umpire who got his feelings hurt. (If he's not disrupting the game, you should never eject a player or coach. Ever. You are not the reason people come to watch, umpires. Players are.)

Game Two starter is Robert Dugger. No, he's not one of the 19 kids who count (or something). Jose Barrero is still finding his way back on rehab. I'm guessing it'll take every bit of his PAs in AAA (and then some) before he's ready. Seems remarkably unfair to the kid, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Chattanooga turns to Connor Curlis. Again. He's been serviceable so far this season. Nothing special. In past season, that might have been enough to get him noticed. The Lookouts are paced by a pretty solid group of hitters. Typically, if you get to AA by age 24 or 25, you own at least a 1 in 2 chance to make it to the majors. Typically, rosters include 20-30 pitchers and 20-30 hitters over the course of a season. (That may be impacted by the DH rules.) Discussion question: How many of the present-day Chattanooga players do you think will make it onto a major league field before they call it quits?

Dayton was suspended yesterday. Christian Roa got the extra day's rest with which to unleash his four-pitch repetoire on an unsuspecting Quad Cities team. (Well, since they know he's pitching, I guess they're suspecting, but that doesn't sound nearly as cool.)

Game Two is probably going to start Junkyard Joe Boyle. Last time he pitched against Quad Cities, they positively smacked him around. Boyle gave up the most hits he'd ever given up in a single game. They also dented the scoreboard the most of any team he'd faced this season. Boyle gave up three hits. One earned run. Ridiculous. Tonight (cue minor key organ music), he's out for revenge.

Daytona also plays two today. (Yay!) They're at home. (Yay!) Reynardo Cruz starts Game One. Stop me if you've heard this one: Cruz has a good arm, some intriguing stuff, but has trouble locating it. He gets lots of Ks but issues a bunch of walks too. He struggled a bit in his last time out, giving up 3 ER in 3 IP. Perhaps he's better now. Cruz is 20; he's the second-youngest of the Tortugas' 10 starters. Speaking of, I'm guessing Hunter Parks comes on after him. If so, that's a good thing. He's been very good lately. So far in May (against 50 PAs), opposing hitters have put up a rather anemic .209/ .320/ .233/ .553 line against him.

Game Two probably starts Julian Aguiar. He's been very good-- or very bad. He was roughed up in his last outing, giving up 10 hits and 4 ER in 4 IP. He's been Jeckyll and Hyde over his last six outings-- one good one for every bad one. He's also gotten an extra day of rest. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/22 Minor League Scores

SanMartin 2 IP, 7H, 1 BB, 1 HR, 7 ER. Reds are going to need several spots on the 40-man roster. I have to think SanMartin's days are numbered.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Joe roa got roughed-up. 3.1 IP, 5H, 3 BB, 4 ER. Bullpen Myles Gayman didn't help.

Torres and De la Cruz both 0 for 3 with 3 Ks.

Hinds 2 foe 3 with a HR. Cerda 2 for 3 with 2 doubles.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Chattanooga coming back. Siani 1 for 3 with a triple. Matt McLain keeping up his Adam Dunn routine, 1 for 3 with a HR and 2K.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Chattanooga coming back. Siani 1 for 3 with a triple. Matt McLain keeping up his Adam Dunn routine, 1 for 3 with a HR and 2K.
    Everybody is Adam Dunn these days. The big donkey was ahead of his time.

7. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2022),Rick Palmer (05-22-2022)

Jose Barrero has two hits, including his first double.

9. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2022),Rick Palmer (05-22-2022),Ron Madden (05-23-2022)

Jose Barrero first time up on the 2nd game drove a FB in the gap for a double. Nice smooth swing looks like the hamate bone is completely healed. Scored on Bauers bomb to CF.

In Lookouts game Quincy McAfee went opposite field on a FB for his home run.

Lookouts down 5-1 top of 5th. McAfee walked. Cotton walked. Free Ks. Yang FO. Wild pitch runners advance. Siani rips a 2 out line drive the RF tried to dive for and missed Siani stand up triple. Matt McLain ties game with another bomb this time he goes opposite field kid has unreal power to all fields.

James Proctor 6' 5"/215lbs Princeton University grad signed as a free agent. FB was at 90-93 does have a decent breaking ball. Does change speeds.

2 on 2 out Elly De La Cruz smoked a standup triple over RF's head.

- - - Updated - - -

Jose Barrero hand looks fine as he drives one in the gap, no problem.

Lookouts battling for first, Siani stand up triple. Then McLain unleashes a bomb that some kid is waiting to catch. Kid goes, "I got this...no I don't got this. F@#$%k!

Elly De La Cruz smoked a standup triple, just blasts everything hard.
    Last edited by icehole3; 05-23-2022 at 08:19 AM.

11. Likes:

Benihana (05-23-2022),RED VAN HOT (05-23-2022),RedTeamGo! (05-23-2022),Tom Servo (05-23-2022)

Turn Off Ads?