Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 5-26-22 Reds vs Cubs 12:35 PM

Re: 5-26-22 Reds vs Cubs 12:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Never a bad day at the ballpark, didn't care for the 59 minute rain delay but a Reds Win cures those kinda ills.

I really enjoyed the game and time with friends.
    I've been to a couple of slugfest but never been in attendance when the Reds scored so many runs.
    I'm jealous

I live in a non MLB city so I'm jealous on the root level. But man I LOVE afternoon games in Cincinnati. It usually is a more educated fan, you can move around and stand behind HP.

I'm envious...

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-27-2022),goreds2 (05-27-2022),Ron Madden (05-26-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm jealous

I live in a non MLB city so I'm jealous on the root level. But man I LOVE afternoon games in Cincinnati. It usually is a more educated fan, you can move around and stand behind HP.

I'm envious...
    I'm partial to afternoon games myself, but night games in the dog days of summer were generally less humid, not sure how that'll be with the 6:40 first pitch every night now.

After the rain delay we walked around the concourse and watched the game from different view points. It was a wonderful day. I was worn out when I got home haha.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-27-2022)

Never a bad day at the ballpark, didn't care for the 59 minute rain delay but a Reds Win cures those kinda ills.

I've been to a couple of slugfest but never been in attendance when the Reds scored so many runs.

Ron, I hereby make a motion that we all pitch in and buy you season tickets to the remainder of all Reds' home games this season. I'll buy five if a dozen or so others will buy five. Twenty runs... WOW! Whatever you did to affect those Reds' lumberjacks and those Cubs' pitchers needs to be duplicated about sixty more times.

Glad you had a fun day at the ol' ball orchard !!!

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-27-2022)

If no one came up with the answer I was gonna give the following clue:

5/ 4 /4 /12

KFR,
    I've been to so many games I've long since lost count of just how many. I'll say this much though, I've seen a lot of Reds wins mostly due to going to so many in the '70s but I've also seen my share of loses too.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 05-27-2022 at 12:18 AM.

KFR,
    I've been to so many games I've long since lost count of just how many. I'll say this much though, I've seen a lot of Reds wins mostly due to going to so many in the '70s but I've also seen my share of loses too.
    I can't remember what my winning streak was before I finally witnessed a Reds' loss. Saw my first game in August of '71( a 6-0 Ross Grimsley complete game shutout over the Pirates). I think the Reds won the first 6 or 8 games I saw them play.

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-27-2022)

This was the first time since September of 1999 that the Reds had scored 20 runs in a game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

goreds2 (05-27-2022),KYExtemper (05-27-2022),Ron Madden (05-27-2022),Tom Servo (05-27-2022)

I'm jealous

I'm envious...
    I live out of the country, but when I am back home it's usually my game of choice. I play hooky from work, which is a nice added element of fun, and buy a cheap ticket and kind of wander the park and sit in different sections. There are never large crowds at those games even when things are going well, so nobody cares. It's a good time with lots of "true" fans there who are also chatty and fun. It's a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Ron, they did it for you. My last game at GABP was similar, but just the reverse score (19-5 over the Reds if I recall)

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-27-2022)

Turn Off Ads?