Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 5/26 Minor League Scores

5/26 Minor League Scores

Dayton leads 5-0 in the 9th inning of the Suspended Game.
    Bryce Bonnin took over mound duties and went 5.1 hitless innings, striking out 7. He retired all 16 batters that he faced.
    Elly De La Cruz doubled and homered (7).
    Alex McGarry is batting .337, while OPSing 1.173.

UPDATE: Dragons win 5-0, increasing their record to 28-12. That is .700 baseball.

Louisville had their contest postponed.

Chattanooga has scored two runs in each of the first two innings. They lead 4-0 over Birmingham.
    Andrew Abbott has tossed two scoreless frames so far.
    Isiah Gilliam lifted a two-run shot (7) over the wall.
    The Lookouts added on two unearned runs in the second.

Daytona is on the short end of a 3-2 score early on.
    Jose Franco is getting weathered on the mound, having allowed all three runs over four innings.
    Blake Dunn and Jamal O'Guinn have doubles, Jay Allen has added a single.

Dayton will begin their regularly-contest in Domino's-style (30 minutes or less).
    Thomas Farr (5.19) draws the starting assignment.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-26-2022 at 08:01 PM.

2. Likes:

Eric in IL (05-26-2022),Rdirtypirates (05-26-2022),RedTeamGo! (05-26-2022),Rick Palmer (05-26-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/26 Minor League Scores

Chattanooga - is leading 6-3 in the 6th.
    Andrew Abbott is finished for the night: 5 IP, 3 R, 6 K.
    James Free left the park (2), a 2-run shot.
    Robbie Tenerowicz is 3 for 3 as his OPS zeroes in on .900.

Daytona - trails 7-2 in the 7th.
    The pitching was not there tonight, to go along with not much offense.

Isiah Gilliam bomb

Ivan Johnson B/S, T/R 6' 0"/190 Age: 23 Round: 4 2019. Made a nice play in the field and showed patience at the plate.

Andrew Abbott pitched well here's his last batter faced.

Bryce Bonnin FB was 96+ He didn't start, here's his last batter faced.

Elly De La Cruz played 3b Torres was at SS, here's the HR.

6. Likes:

HokieRed (05-27-2022),mth123 (05-27-2022),Rdirtypirates (05-27-2022),RED VAN HOT (05-27-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Ivan Johnson B/S, T/R 6' 0"/190 Age: 23 Round: 4 2019. Made a nice play in the field and showed patience at the plate.
    Really like Johnson as a utility guy capable of playing SS, 2B, and 3B. Hopefully, he gets some playing time in the OF this year or next. Like the pop as a backup bat and perhaps more. He doesn't walk enough for as many Ks as he has-- there's some hole in that swing-- but I'm guessing he's late-career Brandon Phillips.

Bryce Bonnin FB was 96+ He didn't start, here's his last batter faced.
    He didn't start because they knew the rain was coming two days ago. That decision allowed them to pitch Bonnin many more innings. Nice to see him respond. Still really like Bonnin as a starting prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    He didn't start because they knew the rain was coming two days ago. That decision allowed them to pitch Bonnin many more innings. Nice to see him respond. Still really like Bonnin as a starting prospect.
    I really like Bonnin. I like in this order Boyle, Ashcraft, Phillips, Bonnin, Williamson, Petty, Abbott then Proctor.

9. Likes:

mth123 (05-27-2022)

I really like Bonnin. I like in this order Boyle, Ashcraft, Phillips, Bonnin, Williamson, Petty, Abbott then Proctor.
    Interesting.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

icehole3 (05-27-2022)

My order:

- Ashcraft
    Dominant over half the season in AA last year and owns an elite ground ball rate despite struggles limited walks this season. Love his stuff, his build, and his swinging strike rate (pre-2022). Question his approach-- which is fairly easy to change. At worst, assuming health, he's a back-end relief arm.

- Bonnin
    Two very good pitches with a mid-90's fastball. Still hasn't done it at AA yet, so there are major questions as to the efficacy of his stuff as a long-term starter. Still, great stuff and dominant enough to see him in the role for a decade. Reminds me of Sonny Gray.

- Roa
    I pair Bonnin and Roa in my mind, as they are very similar in many respects. Roa has four good pitches, but hasn't yet figured out how to harness them. Injuries are an issue, but the stuff is there.

- Boyle
    Speaking of stuff, Boyle also has two plus pitches. Speaking of no clue where the ball's going, yes again. Boyle's toying with High A batters-- they have no chance against his repertoire. But I question whether he can maintain that hit rate moving up. If he can, he's Randy Johnson. Which would be, y'know, really cool if it happened.

- Abbott
    I think he's polished enough to be a solid rotation member for a decade. I think his fastball is short enough that he'll be serviceable more than dominant.

- Phillips
    Far away, but everything looks interesting enough that he could well move up. That said, AA is the proving grounds. And his career BB rate is extremely troubling. Reminds me of Joe Boyle without the elite off speed movement or the elite fastball movement.

- Williamson
    That BB rate is bad, but what's worse is that he's hittable too. You can't be both. Workhorse built keeps me interested.

- Petty
    Long, long way to go and the track record of HS fastball pitchers is poor. Talk to me when he's in AA.

- Spiers
    Four workable pitches, but the sum hasn't yet added up to the parts. Might be a good BOR guy or innings eater, but most likely a middle relief guy.

- Proctor
    Great movement on his stuff. I like Proctor as a multi-inning relief arm who needs a clean inning to get started. Nibbles far too much, but I think the stuff could play soon.

13. Likes:

icehole3 (05-27-2022)

Turn Off Ads?