Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Blood Between Cubs And Reds

Re: Bad Blood Between Cubs And Reds

I blame Kyle Farnsworth

“The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dooshy move by Wick to bark at a future HOF like Votto. May be some magical lubricants involved at first glance.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I blame Kyle Farnsworth

Farnsworth delivering some Bill Goldberg type punishment.
    Sammy Sosa doesn't want anything to do with Russell Branyon. I don't know who would. Branyon was a strong, strong man.

I like a little bad blood between teams. Spices things up a little bit in an otherwise ehhh season so far.

Besides, baseball fights are usually a lot of posturing and jawing and very little actual fighting. Except for when Amir Garrett takes on the whole Pirate team and David Bell tells Clint Hurdle to bite the big one.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-28-2022),Ron Madden (05-27-2022)

Pham tonight:
    https://theathletic.com/news/reds-gi.../n5sH7QOMcDUa/ Article is not behind a paywall

Reds outfielder Tommy Pham slapped Giants outfielder Joc Pederson in an altercation before Friday's game at Great American Ball Park, according to multiple sources.

Pham was scratched just before the rain-delayed game started at 8:48 p.m., more than two hours after the scheduled start time. According to the Reds, MLB is investigating the incident and Pham agreed not to play pending the results of the investigation.

Sources say the Giants asked for Pham to be removed from the lineup prior to the game, but the Reds resisted until close to game time. Albert Almora Jr. was inserted into the game as the team's left fielder.

The confrontation happened during the Reds' batting practice and took place in left field, where Giants pitchers were warming up. Players ran in from both the dugout and the bullpens to break up the action.

When asked if it was Pham and Pederson that had the issue, Kapler again deferred his comments until later.

"Again, still looking into it," Kapler said. "Taking it very seriously and learning as much as I and we can as quickly as we can. Not yet prepared to discuss it."

According to multiple sources, the beef stems from a disagreement the two had in a fantasy football league including players from several teams.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

They call me "chef"

That last paragraph is *chefs kiss*

9. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (05-27-2022)

So a team can ask another team to sit a player because of a skirmish?

After watching The League for several seasons I know how serious these things can be. A slap usually warrants pistols at dawn though. Not a seat on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    So a team can ask another team to sit a player because of a skirmish?

After watching The League for several seasons I know how serious these things can be. A slap usually warrants pistols at dawn though. Not a seat on the bench.
    It’s technically assault and it was outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    It’s technically assault and it was outside the game.
    Good point.

Sounds like Pham is kind of an idiot.

14. Likes:

KronoRed (05-28-2022),mth123 (05-28-2022)

Turn Off Ads?