Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-27-22 Reds vs Giants 6:40 PM

Re: 5-27-22 Reds vs Giants 6:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Housing has become incredibly expensive.
    and crime and quality of life
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think it’s fine. It’s their choice. But they also missed a series where they could have helped the team. If it was something like Kyrie - missing half of his team’s season - I would think differently.
    OK. I can respect that.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Any idea if the rain is expected to pass, or are we looking at a postponement?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    then why is there an exodus from there?
    Not sure what San Francisco's population, which grew by 80K since the last census, has anything to do with kids getting slaughtered in schools.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

6. Likes:

Fil3232 (05-27-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Any idea if the rain is expected to pass, or are we looking at a postponement?
    Sheldon says new start time: 8:45.

8. Likes:

757690 (05-27-2022),TheBigLebowski (05-27-2022)

Fine, whatever you say. Still this has nothing to do with coaches speaking out about getting something done so that children are no longer murdered in school.

We should all just try to find common ground on this, as a country. There needs to be real comprise here because something is not working.

Might wanna read up on those claims.

Here's a story. Crime rate's dropped since 2018.

Here's another:

Statistically speaking, San Francisco is a moderately safe city. It’s crime rate of 601.81 per 100,000 residents is a bit higher than the national average, but it doesn’t enter the ‘unsafe’ territory. It’s crime rate rank 37th highest in the nation and is less than Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas and Oklahoma City.

San Francisco does suffer from one of the highest property crime rate for a city of its size, so you should always be mindful of your belongings when you are in the city.

What is San Francisco’s Crime Rate?
    In 2021 San Francisco reported 4,906 violent crimes and had a crime rate of 601.81 per 100,000 residents. San Francisco’s crime rate is 1.5x times greater than the national average.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 05-27-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Not sure what San Francisco's population, which grew by 80K since the last census, has anything to do with kids getting slaughtered in schools.
    a simple search backs up my claim, and I was responding to someone claiming SF was a great city, which had nothing to do with the political discussion going on. No thanks on your bait, I hate worms.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Sheldon says new start time: 8:45.
    Thanks and GO UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA BASEBALL
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

13. Likes:

Gainesville Red (05-27-2022)

Lets take all political talk to that forum. Anymore talk of that here and this thread will be closed.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-27-2022),mth123 (05-27-2022)

[QUOTE=Bourgeois Zee;4425225]Might wanna read up on those claims.

Here's another:

Statistically speaking, San Francisco is a moderately safe city. It’s crime rate of 601.81 per 100,000 residents is a bit higher than the national average, but it doesn’t enter the ‘unsafe’ territory. It’s crime rate rank 37th highest in the nation and is less than Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas and Oklahoma City.

San Francisco does suffer from one of the highest property crime rate for a city of its size, so you should always be mindful of your belongings when you are in the city.

In 2021 San Francisco reported 4,906 violent crimes and had a crime rate of 601.81 per 100,000 residents. San Francisco’s crime rate is 1.5x times greater than the national average./QUOTE]
    not what people leaving or wanting to leave seem to think. But what do they know, we used Google.

a simple search backs up my claim, and I was responding to someone claiming SF was a great city, which had nothing to do with the political discussion going on. No thanks on your bait, I hate worms.
    Fair enough. I'm just tired of the red herring after every mass shooting in the country...what about Chicago?!? San Francisco?!? NYC?!?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

18. Likes:

Mitri (05-27-2022)

NM

Not going to continue this discussion in a game thread.

But I will say that I love San Francisco and the bay area in general. Yeah, it has problems, but it's still a wonderful place.
    Last edited by NebraskaRed; 05-27-2022 at 08:32 PM.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-27-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Lets take all political talk to that forum. Anymore talk of that here and this thread will be closed.
    Just a little rain delay debate in a week that's been hard to find joy even in baseball, but I hear you. I'll be done.
    -Walt Whitman

[QUOTE=Bourgeois Zee;4425225]Might wanna read up on those claims.

Here's another:

In 2021 San Francisco reported 4,906 violent crimes and had a crime rate of 601.81 per 100,000 residents. San Francisco’s crime rate is 1.5x times greater than the national average./QUOTE]
    You can lower your crime rate when there aren't any cops to report it to. Visited last fall and it doesn't even feel like the same place that it was 5 yrs ago. There are very few areas most would feel comfortable walking.

https://www.sfexaminer.com/the_fs/fo...244b6da0d.html

Turn Off Ads?