Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds’ trade deadline candidates

Re: Reds’ trade deadline candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    The following would be my targets for each team:

Yankees: Jasson Dominguez, OF + Ken Waldichuk, SP
    Many of the Yankees' top prospects are scuffling. Dominguez is hitting okay, but is young for the level. Collecting high-impact talent would seem a good strategy. Waldichuk is dominating but old (24). He's a crafty lefty type and should be a BOR guy capable of eating some innings.

Tampa: Shane Baz (and a C level prospect) OR Josh Lowe, OF, + Curtis Mead, 3B/ 1B
    Baz is ready now (or nearly so) and would slot into Castillo's spot similar to Greene/ Lodolo/ Ashcraft. Lowe and Mead fix specific issues. I really like the second deal, but question whether Tampa is willing to spend that much prospect capital for this team.

Toronto: Gabriel Moreno, C
    This is the best possible outcome, IMO, of a Castillo deal. A true difference-maker at a premium position. Moreno would allow Stephenson to rest a bit, hit at DH (or 1B) and vice versa. Unlikely? Maybe. But Castillo is the best pitcher on the market.

New York Mets: Francico Alvarez, C
    See Toronto, Gabriel Moreno. Add a year of patience.

Atlanta: Michael Harris + Drew Shuster, SP, OR Drew Waters, OF, + Kyle Muller, SP
    Interesting arm and an interesting CF-capable bat. Plugs two holes, but questions enough to make sense for both squads.

Minnesota: Josh Winder, SP, + Jose Miranda, CIF OR Royce Lewis, SS, + Jordan Balazovic, SP
    This is the deal that, IMO, makes the most sense for both squads. Winder wouldn't have a spot in the Twin rotation if Castillo enter therein, and Miranda fell on his face when given a shot at major league playing time. But the talent's there to gamble, IMO. Or the Reds could turn Lewis into a CF and gamble on the quality arm of Balazovic, even if the production has lagged. (And it has.)

Houston: Yainer Diaz, C + Hunter Brown, SP
    Brown's been quietly dominating despite being more than four years younger than his AAA competition, while Diaz has hit well in AA. Like the targets here and think a deal would make some sense for both clubs. Will Houston deal? Unsure, that.

Los Angeles Angels: Jo Adell, OF, + Ky Bush, SP, + Elvis Peguero, RP
    Adell is a bit of a gamble, but that upside is real. Bush is a solid prospect, but not earth-shattering. Peguero is a dominant relief arm who could close games now. All three would be on next year's team and would likely move right on up to the majors this season. None of the three play vital roles in LA. The deal makes sense for both clubs. Second-most likely deal, IMO, of the bunch.

LA Dodgers: Michael Busch, 1B/ 2B + Andy Pages, OF
    Busch is probably ready now for major league time, and the Reds have a spot for that bat. Pages is an OF who could help either later this year or, more likely, next season. This would be all about the bats, and these are a couple of good ones.

San Diego: Luis Campusano, C, + James Wood, OF
    Wood is a long, long way from the majors, but his bat looks really good. Campusano is another catcher who could rest Stephenson. Really like this deal if the Pads are willing to make a deal. They might need financial help-- Reds could offer Naquin and perhaps Drury for Wil Myers to alleviate that salary. Or they could pay Castillo for the rest of the season-- for a better prospect.
    These are the Right Targets IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Regarding Castillo and Mahle, I'd be OK with any outcome, other than Mahle as the #1 starter.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Castillo balls out today vs. the Red Sox and teams may start calling
    “As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves.”
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    He’ll only be the best SP on the market.
    I'm willing to bump up my prediction to a 99% chance that they trade Castillo.

Need a bidding war for Castillo... Reds need a HAUL
    “As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves.”
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

7. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (05-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Castillo balls out today vs. the Red Sox and teams may start calling
    Narrator: Castillo did indeed ball out
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (06-01-2022),JFLegal (06-01-2022)

two targets i want are either Royce Lewis from the Twins or Alverez the Top prospect Catcher from the Mets

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-31-2022)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    two targets i want are either Royce Lewis from the Twins or Alverez the Top prospect Catcher from the Mets
    Reading the name Royce on a Reds forum made me flinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I'd love to get one Austin Martin/Royce Lewis from the Twins for Castillo. They need an ace and their window is wide open right now.

Twins may want to keep Lewis as SS insurance in case Correa leaves. They have multiple guys who can play up the middle and some guy named Buxton blocking everyone in CF. Martin seems expendable.
    wut? royce lewis? the reds' best organizational depth is at SS

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    I'm looking at Mahle for Alvarez, not Castillo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Wouldn’t that depend on the 2023 roster? Not possible to project at this point.
    It's pretty possible to project that you won't have a first starter as good as the one you've got right now.

16. Likes:

mth123 (06-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'm looking at Mahle for Alvarez, not Castillo.
    I don't think that'll happen, but if it does, I'd be overjoyed.

I'm hoping Mahle can be turned into either a previously dominant prospect who's not hit in the majors yet or a high upside kid.

Jo Adell, Jared Kelenic, Jose Miranda, Alex Kiriloff, Kyle Lewis, Josh Lowe, Luis Campusano, Vidal Brujan, maybe CJ Abrams-- someone who was highly thought of, but has struggled for a team that's competing for a pennant. Maybe Mahle gets one of those guys plus a lottery ticket arm in Rookie Ball.

Actually, it'd be great if Krall and company could leverage, say, Brandon Drury or Tommy Pham or Tyler Naquin plus Mahle for a couple of those guys.

I wonder if Minnesota would say no to a Mahle/ Naquin for Miranda/ Kiriloff trade.

Or perhaps Lowe/ Brujan for Mahle/ Naquin (or Drury or Pham).

18. Likes:

JCM11 (06-01-2022),Old school 1983 (06-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I don't think that'll happen, but if it does, I'd be overjoyed.

I'm hoping Mahle can be turned into either a previously dominant prospect who's not hit in the majors yet or a high upside kid.

Jo Adell, Jared Kelenic, Jose Miranda, Alex Kiriloff, Kyle Lewis, Josh Lowe, Luis Campusano, Vidal Brujan, maybe CJ Abrams-- someone who was highly thought of, but has struggled for a team that's competing for a pennant. Maybe Mahle gets one of those guys plus a lottery ticket arm in Rookie Ball.

Actually, it'd be great if Krall and company could leverage, say, Brandon Drury or Tommy Pham or Tyler Naquin plus Mahle for a couple of those guys.

I wonder if Minnesota would say no to a Mahle/ Naquin for Miranda/ Kiriloff trade.

Or perhaps Lowe/ Brujan for Mahle/ Naquin (or Drury or Pham).
    That’s my thinking as well with Mahle. Get someone who has lost a little shine but not enough to negate the upside. For Castillo I want BPA though. The trade you proposed with Toronto would be great. Could get Stephenson to 1b and Votto to DH a lot next year and allow the Reds to use a chunk of the Votto/Moose money coming off the books the following year to get a DH masher.

stay with me here, but i have a theory that is worrisome ... and is the only downside of the fans' backlash against management.

i think reds' management/ownership is so backed against a corner and embarrassed due to all the negativity that it might prevent them from trading castillo and mahle, even if they get really good offers. what was the trade that really sent everyone over the edge? winker/geno for williamson/phillips. i mean, it's still very early, but right now, that looks like a pretty good trade for the reds.

so, if that trade sent everyone over the edge and the reds' brass knows it, i could see them being very reluctant to trade either or both of their best starting pitchers, even if they are completely out of playoff contention near the deadline. they don't want fans going ape-(bleep) again, putting up billboards, flying planes over the stadium, crushing the front office on social media, etc.

anyone else concerned about this? i think it's a very real concern.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (06-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Narrator: Castillo did indeed ball out
    yoda: balled out, he did.

Turn Off Ads?