Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 6-4-22 Reds vs Nationals 4:10 PM

Re: 6-4-22 Reds vs Nationals 4:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I’d take that bet, I can easily see him becoming a bench coach for a good team and then getting another managerial gig.
    Something tells me a lot of owners out there aren't going to hold the Reds not winning against him given the injuries, ownership group, etc.

Besides, it's common for guys to get multiple chances.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I’d take that bet, I can easily see him becoming a bench coach for a good team and then getting another managerial gig.
    Obviously only time will tell. Perhaps another franchise will go the cheap route.

But his resume is not good. I get it that he’s not been given a full deck of cards to play with but he makes poor decisions with the cards he has been given.

Quote Originally Posted by LoudounReds View Post
    Obviously only time will tell. Perhaps another franchise will go the cheap route.

But his resume is not good. I get it that he’s not been given a full deck of cards to play with but he makes poor decisions with the cards he has been given.

We have been told it’s not the manager who actually makes the decisions anymore. They are being made by the binder people in the FO. So we all know how bad those people are.

Quote Originally Posted by LoudounReds View Post

His resume is actually pretty solid. Reds fans for some bizarre reason only ever looked at his Louisville Bats record but he spent several years on staff with the Cubs and Cardinals including as the Cards bench coach, and an important FO job with the Giants before coming here. Add in several years as a largely .500ish manager with a poverty franchise and he will definitely be someone who at least gets interviews post-Reds.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-04-2022)

If you look at the batting averages of the lineups every day, it's obvious something is wrong. If you look at the bullpen, it's just not good. Using Strickland with the 6.41 ERA in a situation like that shows either there is no one he trusts or he's bat crap crazy. I'll be a Reds fans forever, but this game was winnable and poor decisions cost them the game. He got lucky last year with all that firepower and hitting. And it hurts to see the lowly Pirates winning and winning. Just mad as can be.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Crap, I was at a wedding reception and took a peak at the score and the Reds were up 7-3. I thought all was good !
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Maybe the grand slam helped Mahle. They need to cut Moose, Votto's near the end. The pitching is awful.

His resume is actually pretty solid. Reds fans for some bizarre reason only ever looked at his Louisville Bats record but he spent several years on staff with the Cubs and Cardinals including as the Cards bench coach, and an important FO job with the Giants before coming here. Add in several years as a largely .500ish manager with a poverty franchise and he will definitely be someone who at least gets interviews post-Reds.
    I’m finding myself more and more impressed with him as days go by. I don’t like managers getting too much credit but I think he’s done very well in keeping the wheels from falling off.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m finding myself more and more impressed with him as days go by. I don’t like managers getting too much credit but I think he’s done very well in keeping the wheels from falling off.

The Reds are just a farm team any good player will be traded and they will maybe win 65-75 game a year. The LAs and NYs will just feed off us till there is nothing left, like it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    That's more about being unable to hit the target.

Strickland was supposed to put that ball up and he grooved it belt high for a 2-run single. Just a terrible 0-2 pitch.
    Well yeah….but that’s Strickland. Analytic guys gotta know crappy pitchers gonna miss over the plate

Turn Off Ads?