Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-5-22 Reds vs Nationals 1:40 PM

Re: 6-5-22 Reds vs Nationals 1:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    A little disappointed by Luis's afternoon against these guys.
    this defense has been a disaster though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    4 shoddy plays so far! Reynolds, Votto, Aquino, Votto
    uh, farmer? which allowed the leadoff hitter to reach that inning on what should have been a sure out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

WTF AA

Castillo was not the issue in that inning. He got five outs and kept the ball in the infield.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

5. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-05-2022),JFLegal (06-05-2022),Ron Madden (06-05-2022)

why is barrero not on this team yet? he proved himself at louisville last year when he *checks notes* had an OPS of over .900.

no way a guy like reynolds should be on this roster over barrero. and when barrero is on this roster, he needs to be the starting SS, not farmer. i'm appreciative of everything the farm dog has done, but he should be a utility player, not the starting SS.

7. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-05-2022),Monster Man (06-05-2022)

why in the world is there a rule about a required deficit to bring in a position player to pitch? Getting as bad as the NFL with micro ruling the game. Why not just make it scripted so you get the desired outcomes?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    this defense has been a disaster though

- - - Updated - - -

uh, farmer? which allowed the leadoff hitter to reach that inning on what should have been a sure out.
    Duh, yes, so early in that inning I didn't remember! Should be 4-2 Reds.
    Last edited by mhs95_06; 06-05-2022 at 03:22 PM.

10. Likes:

JFLegal (06-05-2022)

why is barrero not on this team yet? he proved himself at louisville last year when he *checks notes* had an OPS of over .900.

no way a guy like reynolds should be on this roster over barrero. and when barrero is on this roster, he needs to be the starting SS, not farmer. i'm appreciative of everything the farm dog has done, but he should be a utility player, not the starting SS.
    Soon, but he is just coming off injury, so why rush him?

12. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-05-2022),CesarGeronimo (06-05-2022),icehole3 (06-05-2022),KeefeCato (06-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Soon, but he is just coming off injury, so why rush him?
    because even him a bit rusty is far better than a scrub like reynolds.

Barrero IMO Needs a few more AB at Louisville. But yes I agree he needs to be everyday SS when he gets here.
    You and I both know he won't be though. Farmer seems to be a favorite in the clubhouse and Bell.
    Farmer is league average player. We know what he is.
    Barrero may end up being the same or worse than Farmer. But now is the time to find out.
    They can always move Farmer to 3b.

I am not a big fan of either, but Renolds and Farmer have been playing decent baseball anyways. And I don't risk a key rospect by rushing him back for an already lost year.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a big fan of either, but Renolds and Farmer have been playing decent baseball anyways. And I don't risk a key rospect by rushing him back for an already lost year.

16. Likes:

icehole3 (06-05-2022),Ron Madden (06-05-2022)

The rest of this season literally does not matter. No need to rush Barrero back from injury.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I think they'll be a dump of players coming soon then we'll see Barrero. I think that's their plan showcase the dump guys then bring up Barrero.

Why do they keep running a promo of Moran's Grand slam? When he has been sent to the minors over a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    why in the world is there a rule about a required deficit to bring in a position player to pitch? Getting as bad as the NFL with micro ruling the game. Why not just make it scripted so you get the desired outcomes?
    Because they have a limit on the number of pitchers that can be on the roster. Its to prevent teams from carrying extra pitchers and calling them outfielders or 3rd catchers. Otherwise, teams could take a guy like Michael Lorenzen (or any pitcher really) and call him an OF and use him exclusively as a pitcher.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    What is Larkin yacking about?
    Has anyone ever been SO good at baseball and SO bad at baseball broadcasting???

22. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-05-2022)

Turn Off Ads?