Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Bob Lanier

RIP Bob Lanier

From the Hall-of-Fame generation of great Centers....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lanier

Lanier was as good as any Center in the NBA. He always had major knee problems which limited him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-15-2022),cumberlandreds (06-08-2022),goreds2 (06-12-2022),Revering4Blue (06-08-2022),Roy Tucker (06-07-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Bob Lanier

Lanier was a great player that has mostly been forgotten now. Injuries hampered his career but he was still a force inside. Mostly played for the Pistons as I recall. RIP Bob Lanier.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-08-2022)

The early 70's was a great era in basketball. I'm lucky to have witnessed it in person. Attended about 45 games in the '72-'73 and '73-'74 seasons, and with a 17-team league I got to see almost all of the teams at least twice. So many Hall-of-Famers I got close enough to get their autographs, and being in 8th Grade and Freshman Year of High School my group of friends spent every weekend game at the Coliseum. We'd get there about 3 hours before gametime because back then you could get in and watch shoot around. Even jumped on the floor a few times and shot baskets after they were done. They'd kick everybody out about 2 hours before game-time. We'd stay an hour or two after the game, again sometimes getting on the floor to shoot around. Different era. We snuck into every game as we were too poor to afford tickets. Sat whereever we wanted to sit and I sat midcourt in the front row once just to do it. Who is going to tell a 13-year old kid not to sit there? Just had to be bold. Pretty great way for poor kids to spend a weekend at that age. At least we weren't getting into trouble....except when we kept missing the bus and got home at 2:15 a.m. We'd call every hour we missed the bus. Last bus was 1:32 downtown.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-bulls.html

If you look over this 7-game series, things will jump out at you about what kind of players some of these guys were.

Jerrry Sloan, for example, was on the Bulls then. Remember him well as a player. Remember Adleman well as a player. Remember Ernie D's rookie year very well. His curly hair stood out a ton.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-08-2022),Revering4Blue (06-08-2022)

This poster hung in my bedroom growing up. RIP.

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  35.9 KB

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-08-2022),goreds2 (06-12-2022),Kingspoint (06-08-2022),Revering4Blue (06-14-2022)

Turn Off Ads?