Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 6/7 Minor League Scores

6/7 Minor League Scores

Dayton - They have finally found a way to stop the Joe Boyle Express - a rain delay.

Louisville - Randy Wynne is on the mound for Louisville tonight. But, the big story is in the lineup. Donavan Solano, Johnathan India, Max Schrock and Jose Barrero are batting 2-3-4-5 for the Bats.

Chattanooga - The Lookouts will be starting shortly, with Andrew Abbott on the mound.

Daytona - This game is just underway. Javi Rivera is toeing the rubber for the Turtles.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-07-2022 at 07:10 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/7 Minor League Scores

Louisville - Max Schrock yanks one out of the park. Game tied at 1 in the second.

Daytona - No score after 2. Rivera with 4 Ks.

Dayton - The game is just getting started now.

Elly De La Cruz hits HR #11 in the 1st. Rece Hinds follows it up with a single.

Dragons lead, 1-0.

5. Likes:

Mitri (06-07-2022),RiverRat13 (06-08-2022),Tom Servo (06-07-2022)

Louisville - leads 5-2 in the top of the 5th. The big blow was a 3-run jack (2) off the bat of Mark Koloszvary. Randy Wynne was unable to nail down that 3rd out in the fifth, and has been relieved by Phillip Diehl.

Dayton - is tied up at 1 apiece in the top of the 4th. Joe Boyle has only allowed one hit, but has walked 4. He has stuck out 5.

Chattanooga - remains scoreless with 3 in the books. Abbott has allowed 2 hits, no walks and fanned 5.

Daytona - is frolicking 5-1 in the 6th, Javi Rivera spun a gem: 5 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K. Tanner Cooper has come on. Ruben Ibarra nailed a pitch over the wall (5), while Jack Rogers did likewise (1).
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-07-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Dayton - Joe Boyle is through for the night: 5 IP, 1 H, 1 R 1 ER, 4 BB, 9 K. In his 9th start of the season, opposing hitters have finally reached double digits in hits at 10. 9 starts, 10 hits allowed. Astounding! Oh, and Elly De La Cruz tripled with the bases loaded. Dragons lead 4-1.

Chattanooga - Abbott cruised through the first four innings, but unfortunately he was asked to go back the mound in the fifth. 4 runs later, the Lookout trail 4-1.

Louisville - Bats are in control 7-3. Rehab report. India 1-4, a single, Solano 1-3, a single. Jose Barrero 1-4, a single. Max Schrock 2-4. a single and a home run.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-07-2022 at 09:17 PM.

8. Likes:

M2 (06-07-2022),Old school 1983 (06-07-2022)

EDLC should be a top 20 prospect in MLB by end of season if he keeps this up. Maybe top 10.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-07-2022)

Joe Boyle first last out. FB @ 97mph.

Elly De La Cruz HR 11 another reach out and touch it for a 400ft opposite field job.

- - - Updated - - -

Elly De La Cruz bases loaded triple.

Austin Hendrick bomb number9.

12. Likes:

texasdave (06-08-2022),Tony Cloninger (06-08-2022)

EDLC is killing it and I look forward to seeing what he does at AA. Biggest thing that stands out about his triple was the terrible throw in by the center fielder. Looks like me trying to throw left handed.

14. Likes:

RiverRat13 (06-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    EDLC should be a top 20 prospect in MLB by end of season if he keeps this up. Maybe top 10.
    I have Elly De La Cruz in my top 25, with Matt McLain, Joe Boyle, Brandon Williamson, and Connor Phillips somewhere between likely and possible behind him. Maybe Rece Hinds, Andrew Abbott, and Bryce Bonnin (assuming health) get consideration as the season moves forward too. Graham Ashcraft's success will help Boyle/ Phillips get some consideration.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-08-2022),Tony Cloninger (06-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Joe Boyle first last out. FB @ 97mph.

Elly De La Cruz HR 11 another reach out and touch it for a 400ft opposite field job.

- - - Updated - - -

Elly De La Cruz bases loaded triple.

Austin Hendrick bomb number9.
    The oppo power from De La Cruz is impressive. I know Boyle has some control issues, but how long do they just let him blow away A+ hitters.

18. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (06-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    The oppo power from De La Cruz is impressive. I know Boyle has some control issues, but how long do they just let him blow away A+ hitters.
    I think they both should be moved up. I also think the Reds will have a fire sale and add A or AA prospects that will cause them to get moved up. De La Cruz only 20.

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-08-2022)

Went to the Dragons game, so lets just say SSSS applies (super small sample size).

Elly De La Cruz looks like a stud. Opposite field HR first at bat as shown above, a triple that did caught the gap but didn't take any funny bounces or poor play by the defense, just a pure speed around the bases. Picked up an infield single later in the game and fell a double shy of the cycle. Defensively, there was only 1 play that would allow him to show some stuff. A grounder up the middle that kicked off the pitchers foot. EDLC fielded and fired a seed to 1b, but too late to catch the runner. Not a spectacular play, but a solid play on a all that died in the grass after hitting the pitchers foot. Appears to have a great smile and joy for the game just watching him b/w pitching changes interesting with his teammates and opponents. I can see the Tatis Jr comps that I've seen, but to be fair, Tatis was already in the majors doing this at the age EDLC is right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a bump to AA mid season. If he can continue to perform there, it may not be out of the question to see him break camp with the big league next spring. Long frame with room to build up. Don't know if he'll be able to stick at SS but he has the wheels to play CF if not.

Joe Boyle is what I thought he was based upon stats. Power pitcher, needs better control but doesn't give up much contact. The HR was just down the line, I didn't see it clear the fence, but based upon the sound off the bat it didn't strike me as a complete bomb. If he can cut back on the walks he will definitely make the show, maybe as a reliever.

Jose Torres, appears to be a complete pull hitter. Hit a bomb on the games first pitch that he pulled just a shade foul (by shade maybe around 10 feet foul). 2nd at bat he hit another hard liner that landed just a few feet down the line. Would have been an easy double. Later he picked up his first hit on a solid liner that fell in a few feet in front of the LF, then he later hit one up the middle b/w the SS and 2b for a single. I don't recall many, if any chances to display any defense. Listed at 6' but didn't seem that big to me, perhaps its because he was next to EDLC so often. Put up solid numbers last year, I'd give him a shot at making the show.

Finally, Austin Hendricks. First at bat (IIRC) he showed his propensity to SO. But if you landed in the ball park around the 3rd inning and had no clue about his history and looked like a kid that could play RF in the show some day. First hit was a hard hit double to RF off a LHP (I believe), the following at bat he hit the shot to LCF that was shown above and in his final at bat he roped another double just down the RF line. He also had 1 throw from RF to 3rd that showed off his arm a bit, appears to have a pretty strong and accurate arm (again SSSS). The Reds could certainly use some power coming up thru the system. Would be nice to see him correct his K issues and put that tool to use.

On the flip side, I was like watching their SP. His fastball wasn't overwhelming (low 90s) but he appeared to have a really good sinker and changeup. His sinker (or perhaps it was something else) really off the table and he generated a ton of swing and misses with it. Looks like a dude that could make the backend of a bullpen some day as a long reliever. I think the EDLC bomb was the only trouble he found until the 5th inning when the Dragons opened things up with a 4 spot.

Makes me wonder what this team will look like in the 2nd half. They're pretty close to securing the first half title (I think up 8.5 with 15 to do is what I heard last night). The Loons are in 2nd, so perhaps a sweep of this weeks action would lock things up. Will they move EDLC up to AA? If so, will McClain move up to AAA or where will each play. What about Boyle up to AA? any other canidates? I know they have already promoted a few. Chattanoga is 3 games back of 2 teams for the 1st half title (I'm not sure if that league has 1st half/2nd half champions for the playoffs)
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-08-2022),icehole3 (06-08-2022),JCM11 (06-08-2022),RedTeamGo! (06-08-2022),RiverRat13 (06-08-2022),texasdave (06-08-2022),Tom Servo (06-08-2022),Tuff Nut (06-08-2022)

Turn Off Ads?