Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Reds All Star this year with TySteve out the next month or two?

Re: Who is the Reds All Star this year with TySteve out the next month or two?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    This is the line you used on your wife when you first met right?

Please say yes
    No, but it was just as nerdy. July 3rd, 2007. The premier of Transformers starring Shia LeBouf. The wife had just graduated from Ohio U and was driving home the last day of her lease. She called her friend (my cousins now ex-girlfriend) and asked what she was up to “going to see Transformers with my bf and all his dumb cousins, want to come?” “….I guess….” I found out my cousins’s gf’s friend, whom I had never met and didn’t know existed until that moment was coming and made sure the one open seat in the theater was next to me. Normally I would have never done something like that, especially for someone I had never met, just kind of had a gut feeling I should. She sat down right as the movie was starting. She was wearing a pink Ohio University shirt. The second I saw her I realized my gut was right that day. I didn’t know what to say so just blurted out “Hi, I’m Mike, you went to OU?” She rolled her eyes and said “yea…” next night was a big bar night and on the drive home after the movie I called my cousin’s gf and said “hey, all my friends are going to Bier Stube tomorrow night, you should come and bring your friend” she said ok, next night my now wife and I were locked in talking for hours and the rest, as they say, is history.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

M2 (06-10-2022),Old school 1983 (06-10-2022),Redsfan6272 (06-11-2022),Roy Tucker (06-12-2022),westofyou (06-10-2022),WrongVerb (06-10-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    No, but it was just as nerdy. July 3rd, 2007. The premier of Transformers starring Shia LeBouf. The wife had just graduated from Ohio U and was driving home the last day of her lease. She called her friend (my cousins now ex-girlfriend) and asked what she was up to “going to see Transformers with my bf and all his dumb cousins, want to come?” “….I guess….” I found out my cousins’s gf’s friend, whom I had never met and didn’t know existed until that moment was coming and made sure the one open seat in the theater was next to me. Normally I would have never done something like that, especially for someone I had never met, just kind of had a gut feeling I should. She sat down right as the movie was starting. She was wearing a pink Ohio University shirt. The second I saw her I realized my gut was right that day. I didn’t know what to say so just blurted out “Hi, I’m Mike, you went to OU?” She rolled her eyes and said “yea…” next night was a big bar night and on the drive home after the movie I called my cousin’s gf and said “hey, all my friends are going to Bier Stube tomorrow night, you should come and bring your friend” she said ok, next night my now wife and I were locked in talking for hours and the rest, as they say, is history.
    It was fate... but you could have colored it up more... “Hi, I’m Mike, you went to OU? I once passed out at the CI after an Appalachian Deathride show.”

5. Likes:

bm1475 (07-17-2022),Joeyjection19 (06-11-2022),RedTeamGo! (06-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It was fate... but you could have colored it up more... “Hi, I’m Mike, you went to OU? I once passed out at the CI after an Appalachian Deathride show.”
    Nah, that happened 2 years later when we visited her younger sister for homecoming
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-10-2022),westofyou (06-10-2022)

Mr. Redlegs moustache

Love to see Votto go if he keeps hitting like he has the last 2 weeks but you know Pujols is going to be picked - although he could go as a DH - Goldschmidt, Freeman and Alonso will go. Bell is having a nice season for the Nats and he might be their only representative. Same for Chavis with the Bucs and Cooper for MIA. I could see Diaz going but his last 2 outings have been shaky. Be a nice story if he and his brother make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Farmer is 13th in the National League in RBIs, 5th among middle infielders. Since he'll be batting 5th in our lineup for the foreseeable future, it's not out of the realm of possibility he cracks the top 10 overall. I actually predicted he would be it before the start of the season.

My money is Castillo will make it, albeit with a losing record.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Felipe at least had been a fairly highly regarded prospect who was finally busting out. Drury seems like a bit more of potentially a mirage IMO
    Going totally off of memory but I want to say Drury was a pretty good prospect for the Diamondbacks…

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Going totally off of memory but I want to say Drury was a pretty good prospect for the Diamondbacks…
    He was in the top 100 overall.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-11-2022)

Drury or Ashcraft ( if he continues to keep his awesome pace up)

I think it will be Votto. The second part of All-Star is "Star", and he fits the bill. He has the name recognition. If he continues to hit like he has for the last couple of weeks (and there's no reason to believe that he can't), then he will deserve it, anyway. And if he does cool off, then his selection might be the equivalent of a Lifetime Achievement Award. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, either.)
    Last edited by Big Klu; 06-12-2022 at 11:17 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

757690 (06-13-2022),LeatherPants (06-12-2022),mth123 (06-12-2022),RedlegJake (06-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    With the way he's been playing since coming back from Covid, I guess it'll be Votto.
    Sure has shushed the "Is Joey Votto washed" crowd. Last 28 days .306/.419/.667/1.082. I agree with you - it'll probably be Votto if he continues this pace.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Yea, I think it will be either Votto or Castillo.. just due to name recognition if nothing else. Although they are both having good seasons, IMO (especially compared to the rest of the team)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Tyler Stephenson is fourth among NL catchers in the first All-Star Game voting update. Brandon Drury is sixth at third base and Joey Votto is seventh at first base. No other Reds in the top 10 at their positions.

The full list of Reds All-Stars, since 1933 (* - starter):

2022: RHP Luis Castillo

2021: OF Nick Castellanos*, OF Jesse Winker*

2020: No Game (Covid-19 Restrictions)

2019: RHP Luis Castillo, RHP Sonny Gray

2018: 1B Joey Votto, 2B Scooter Gennett, 3B Eugenio Suarez

2017: SS Zack Cozart*, 1B Joey Votto

2016: OF Jay Bruce, OF Adam Duvall

2015: 3B Todd Frazier*, LHP Aroldis Chapman

2014: C Devin Mesoraco, 3B Todd Frazier, LHP Aroldis Chapman, RHP Johnny Cueto, RHP Alfredo Simon

2013: 1B Joey Votto*, 2B Brandon Phillips*, LHP Aroldis Chapman

2012: 1B Joey Votto*, OF Jay Bruce, LHP Aroldis Chapman

2011: 3B Scott Rolen*, 1B Joey Votto, 2B Brandon Phillips, OF Jay Bruce

2010: 1B Joey Votto, 2B Brandon Phillips, 3B Scott Rolen, LHP Arthur Rhodes

2009: RHP Francisco Cordero

2008: RHP Edinson Volquez

2007: OF Ken Griffey Jr.*

2006: RHP Bronson Arroyo

2005: SS Felipe Lopez

2004: 1B Sean Casey, SS Barry Larkin, OF Ken Griffey Jr., RHP Danny Graves

2003: 3B Aaron Boone

2002: OF Adam Dunn

2001: 1B Sean Casey

2000: SS Barry Larkin*, OF Ken Griffey Jr., RHP Danny Graves

1999: SS Barry Larkin*, 1B Sean Casey, RHP Scott Williamson

1998: 2B Bret Boone

1997: SS Barry Larkin

1996: SS Barry Larkin*

1995: SS Barry Larkin*, OF Ron Gant, OF Reggie Sanders, LHP John Smiley

1994: SS Barry Larkin, RHP Jose Rijo

1993: SS Barry Larkin*, OF Roberto Kelly

1992: OF Bip Roberts, LHP Norm Charlton

1991: 3B Chris Sabo*, SS Barry Larkin, OF Paul O'Neill, LHP Tom Browning, RHP Rob Dibble

1990: 3B Chris Sabo*, RHP Jack Armstrong*, SS Barry Larkin, RHP Rob Dibble, LHP Randy Myers

1989: OF Eric Davis*, SS Barry Larkin, LHP John Franco

1988: 3B Chris Sabo, SS Barry Larkin, LHP Danny Jackson

1987: OF Eric Davis*, C Bo Diaz, LHP John Franco

1986: OF Dave Parker, LHP John Franco

1985: 1B Pete Rose, OF Dave Parker

1984: RHP Mario Soto

1983: RHP Mario Soto*, 3B Johnny Bench

1982: SS Dave Concepcion*, RHP Tom Hume, RHP Mario Soto

1981: SS Dave Concepcion*, OF George Foster*, RHP Tom Seaver

1980: C Johnny Bench*, 3B Ray Knight, SS Dave Concepcion, OF Ken Griffey

1979: OF George Foster*, C Johnny Bench, 2B Joe Morgan, SS Dave Concepcion, RHP Mike LaCoss

1978: 2B Joe Morgan*, 3B Pete Rose*, OF George Foster*, C Johnny Bench, SS Dave Concepcion, RHP Tom Seaver

1977: C Johnny Bench*, 2B Joe Morgan*, SS Dave Concepcion*, OF George Foster*, 3B Pete Rose, OF Ken Griffey, RHP Tom Seaver

1976: C Johnny Bench*, 2B Joe Morgan*, 3B Pete Rose*, SS Dave Concepcion*, OF George Foster*, 1B Tony Perez, OF Ken Griffey

1975: C Johnny Bench*, 2B Joe Morgan*, SS Dave Concepcion*, OF Pete Rose*, 1B Tony Perez

1974: C Johnny Bench*, 2B Joe Morgan*, OF Pete Rose*, 1B Tony Perez

1973: C Johnny Bench*, 2B Joe Morgan*, OF Pete Rose*, SS Dave Concepcion, RHP Jack Billingham

1972: C Johnny Bench*, 2B Joe Morgan*, RHP Clay Carroll, RHP Gary Nolan

1971: C Johnny Bench*, 1B Lee May, OF Pete Rose, RHP Clay Carroll

1970: C Johnny Bench*, 3B Tony Perez*, OF Pete Rose, LHP Jim Merritt, RHP Wayne Simpson

1969: C Johnny Bench*, 1B Lee May, 3B Tony Perez, OF Pete Rose

1968: 2B Tommy Helms*, C Johnny Bench, 3B Tony Perez, SS Leo Cardenas, OF Pete Rose

1967: 2B Tommy Helms, 3B Tony Perez, OF Pete Rose

1966: SS Leo Cardenas*, LHP Billy McCool

1965: 2B Pete Rose*, C Johnny Edwards, SS Leo Cardenas, OF Frank Robinson, RHP Sammy Ellis, RHP Jim Maloney

1964: C Johnny Edwards, SS Leo Cardenas

1963: LHP Jim O'Toole*, C Johnny Edwards

1962(#2): OF Frank Robinson, RHP Bob Purkey

1962(#1): RHP Bob Purkey

1961(#2): RHP Bob Purkey*, SS Eddie Kasko, OF Frank Robinson, RHP Joey Jay

1961(#1): SS Eddie Kasko, OF Frank Robinson, RHP Joey Jay, RHP Bob Purkey

1960(#2): OF Vada Pinson*, C Ed Bailey, LHP Bill Henry

1960(#1): OF Vada Pinson*, C Ed Bailey, LHP Bill Henry

1959(#2): 2B Johnny Temple*, 1B Frank Robinson, OF Vada Pinson

1959(#1): 2B Johnny Temple*, 1B Frank Robinson, OF Vada Pinson

1958: 1B George Crowe, RHP Bob Purkey

1957: C Ed Bailey*, 2B Johnny Temple*, 3B Don Hoak*, SS Roy McMillan*, OF Frank Robinson*, OF Gus Bell

1956: C Ed Bailey*, 2B Johnny Temple*, SS Roy McMillan*, OF Gus Bell*, OF Frank Robinson*, 1B Ted Kluszewski, RHP Brooks Lawrence, LHP Joe Nuxhall

1955: 1B Ted Kluszewski*, C Smoky Burgess, LHP Joe Nuxhall

1954: 1B Ted Kluszewski*, OF Gus Bell

1953: 1B Ted Kluszewski*, OF Gus Bell*

1952: 2B Grady Hatton

1951: OF Johnny Wyrostek, RHP Ewell Blackwell

1950: OF Johnny Wyrostek, RHP Ewell Blackwell

1949: C Walker Cooper, RHP Ewell Blackwell

1948: RHP Ewell Blackwell

1947: RHP Ewell Blackwell*, SS Eddie Miller, OF Bert Haas

1946: C Ray Lamanno, SS Eddie Miller, RHP Ewell Blackwell

1945: No Game (WWII Restrictions)

1944: RHP Bucky Walters*, C Ray Mueller, 1B Frank McCormick, SS Eddie Miller

1943: 1B Frank McCormick, 2B Lonny Frey, SS Eddie Miller, LHP Johnny Vander Meer

1942: 1B Frank McCormick, RHP Paul Derringer, RHP Ray Starr, LHP Johnny Vander Meer, RHP Bucky Walters

1941: 2B Lonny Frey*, 1B Frank McCormick, RHP Paul Derringer, RHP Bucky Walters

1940: C Ernie Lombardi*, RHP Paul Derringer*, 1B Frank McCormick, RHP Bucky Walters

1939: C Ernie Lombardi*, 1B Frank McCormick*, 2B Lonny Frey*, OF Ival Goodman*, RHP Paul Derringer*, LHP Johnny Vander Meer, RHP Bucky Walters

1938: C Ernie Lombardi*, 1B Frank McCormick*, OF Ival Goodman*, LHP Johnny Vander Meer*, RHP Paul Derringer

1937: C Ernie Lombardi, LHP Lee Grissom

1936: C Ernie Lombardi, 3B Lew Riggs

1935: RHP Paul Derringer

1934: None.

1933: OF Chick Hafey*

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-17-2022),Roy Tucker (07-17-2022),WrongVerb (07-17-2022)

Unless a last-minute replacement is added to the NL roster (highly doubtful), this will be the first time since 2009 that the Reds have had only one All-Star. (Francisco Cordero)

Turn Off Ads?