Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6-10-22 Reds @ Cardinals 8:15

Re: 6-10-22 Reds @ Cardinals 8:15

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Farmer I can at least squint and see as each team needs a rep.

But if the Reds were in the World Series and I wanted the best catcher I’d want JT, Sal Perez, Will Smith, Contreras and probably others over him easily. That’s my personal “who is best” take, based on track record not just the past 9 months or so.
    Deeply embedded within the phrase “a case could be made…” is “this probably isn’t correct, but with selective facts and clever argumentation skills, I can make it seem possible.”
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

kaldaniels (06-10-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Deeply embedded within the phrase “a case could be made…” is “this probably isn’t correct, but with selective facts and clever argumentation skills, I can make it seem possible.”
    I just hate that casual fans (of whom I know plenty) hear something like that and take it as the undisputed truth. Just because that nice young man (and yes, I think of my grandmother as a casual fan) John said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    To be fair, I think folks were talking about keeping good veterans for 2023, not so much to compete this season.

Still misguided IMO, but that’s how I recall the argument.
    I would move Mahle, Farmer and Pham by July deadline. See if you can find someone to take Moose. Cut Aquino. Get India and Tyler back and healthy. Move off of Senzel. Barrero (sp?) starts at SS immediately unless you are dead set that Elly De La Cruz is the guy. Extend Castillo if possible. This is where I would start to fix this mess

6. Likes:

JohnnyBench5 (06-10-2022)

I just hate that casual fans (of whom I know plenty) hear something like that and take it as the undisputed truth. Just because that nice young man (and yes, I think of my grandmother as a casual fan) John said so.
    I don’t think any fan takes what John Sadak says as the undisputed truth, not even the most casual. Especially when he frames his statement with “a case could be made.” If they do, that’s on them, not Sadak.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

The Reds have lacked any sort of fundamentals since Bad Fundamentals trolled this board.

Castillo would really have a chance at a shutout if he didn’t have to throw those 14 extra pitches in the first. And 1 of those runs was earned? Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

If the Reds announcers spent a much time on talking about the art of baseballing as they do about "great family guy's" and "adrenaline" then the fanbase would be the most informed fanbase on the art of "baseballing" in the USA

11. Likes:

JohnnyBench5 (06-10-2022),kaldaniels (06-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If the Reds announcers spent a much time on talking about the art of baseballing as they do about "great family guy's" and "adrenaline" then the fanbase would be the most informed fanbase on the art of "baseballing" in the USA
    As Al Davis said...Just win baby! These moral victories the fans and the announcers celebrate are rubbish...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I want TJ to succeed and striking out as much as he does when you’re a singles maybe doubles power hitter. It’s not going to work that way.

14. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBench5 View Post
    As Al Davis said...Just win baby! These moral victories the fans and the announcers celebrate are rubbish...

Just give it to me straight, Doc.

Should be 6 scoreless innings for Castillo, but that'll do.

Just keeps increasing his value.

Since we pull Castillo now, it is time to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 9-1 loss thanks to the mighty and talented BP....

Just give it to me straight, Doc.
    Ok...Reds are TURRIBLE! They have 3.5 months to live this season...then pushing up daisies time...

Anymore, I expect this team to either score 8 runs or score none.

AA struck out...Ole mighty Casey...not.

Turn Off Ads?