Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: 6-14-22 Reds @ D-backs 9:40 PM

Re: 6-14-22 Reds @ D-backs 9:40 PM

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt

Senzel's ball would've been gone in 19 parks.
    Moustakas's ball in the next AB would've been gone in 25 parks.
    No runs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Like I said yesterday its good to wake up to a Reds win. Sounded like a great pitchers duel I'm glad to see they let Mahle throw 119 pitches. No reason most starters can't go 120 pitches. I'm guessing the Little League office is upset that this game went 12 innings. Ghost runners are supposed to end games after 10 innings. Can't keep the little kiddies up all night you know.
    Sounds exactly like what I would've written. You said it first. My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    He's going to implode because of an extra 10-15 pitches once?
    Yeah, I think Ty will be just fine. Tiant threw consecutive games of 156 and 163 in the '75 WS and he was like 90 years old at the time. Our big, strong strapping lad can handle the strain. I'm sure of it.

Mahle shared all of the credit for his performance with Garcia -- the backup moved into a starting role after Tyler Stephenson went on the 10-day IL last week with a fractured right thumb. On a couple of occasions, Mahle told Garcia he must have been reading his mind about pitch selection. "I know you’ve got to make pitches, but the sequences he was calling was the greatest I’ve ever seen, by far," Mahle said. "It was the greatest game I think I’ve ever seen called. Keeping them off-balanced, going in, out, up, down -- that was really cool. I had to shake a couple times, but I shook to the wrong pitch. He was probably right. That was really cool. I’m really proud of him."

Garcia considered that the best compliment he could receive. "That really means a lot to me," Garcia said. "I spend a lot of time getting to know these guys, a lot of time watching video and doing my homework and my due diligence." As good as Mahle has been, he's lacked good fortune. In his last four starts, the right-hander is 0-0 with a 1.30 ERA. In all four games, he was the victim of a blown save. "I’m more focused on going out there and giving us a chance to win," Mahle said. "Whatever happens, happens. … That’s what good starters do."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    This constant trading away talent for the next "cheap big thing" has to stop. It's contributing to lack of continuity, and many fans don't like it. Fans tend to watch games to see their favorite players.
    Oh, I agree. We need new Ownership.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt

Reds pitchers have the 2 of the 3 highest single game pitch totals in MLB this season:
    Mikolas 129 today
    Mahle 119 tonight
    Greene 118 on 5/15
    Which means nothing, other than Bell rewarding them on unique occasions when he got confirmation from the Pitcher that they felt fine. Otherwise, Bell has been anally consistent with keeping all of the staffs' pitch-count's down to a healthy and consistent number.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Mahle had a Game Score of 93 last night. That's the highest number by anyone this season.

The Top-5:

Mahle 93
    Buehler 91
    Kershaw 90
    Detmers 88
    Pivetta 87

Greene's best was 83.

Mahle's previous best was 68 (his last start).

The Game Thread was pretty cool last night.

You could see that he was pitching the game of his life early in the game. I said as such somewhere in the 3rd, 4th or 5th innings. And, I didn't even have visual. There was a different, unique feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf_Red_E View Post
    In 5 days, when his turn in the rotation comes up... he'll throw 60 pitches in 4 innings and head to the IL...

Last night was an example of child abuse... Trade him while he has value Bob, because Bell is going to blow him up soon

Yes please let’s think of the poor children. It’s one game. Not a consistent issue at all. He’s barely been allowed to go past 90-95 all season.

Turn Off Ads?