Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Minor League Games

6/15 Minor League Games

Some early games today. Cattanooga trails 2 to 1 in the 3rd. Connor Curlis pitching. TJ Hopkins with a Solo shot.

Dayton just about to begin. Thomas hFarr pitching.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/15 Minor League Games

Lookouts tie it at 2 in the bottom of the third on a Mike Siani solo HR.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Jose Barrero bomb number 5. Is he ready to come to the big club?

TJ Hopkins bomb number 9.

Michael Siani bomb number 7.

5. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (06-16-2022)

Siani developing 10-15 HR pop has been a nice development this year. He seems to otherwise be the same guy.

I have lowered my expectations of Barrero, especially considering that guys like McLain and EDLC are hot on his heels and play the same position. I think his pitch recognition is a major issue and I fear it may plague him throughout his career. That said, I'd like to see him up and working with the big league instructors and getting MLB experience. Let him play SS and CF/RF. I'm fine with him landing at any position.

Farmer should be kept around, at least until another SS is established. He's turned into a very useful player and seems to be very well-liked in the clubhouse.

8. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (06-16-2022),RedTeamGo! (06-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Farmer should be kept around, at least until another SS is established. He's turned into a very useful player and seems to be very well-liked in the clubhouse.
    Careful, I was tarred and feathered for this completely non-controversial take a month ago on here
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

HokieRed (06-16-2022)

I think Barrero is likely a .240 hitting SS with very good defense and 25+ HR power.

If his BB% holds steady at 8 - 10%, he'll be a great fit for the club. (Which desperately needs power right now.) Think late Red career Donkey-owning Zack Cozart.

If not, he's early career Zack Cozart.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-16-2022),RiverRat13 (06-18-2022)

Barrero's multi-K games suggest he's just not ready yet. He'll get the K rate down, IMO, to his career norms, and, then, if he can stay healthy, he's still a very strong option for a regular spot in Cincinnati going forward. The problem, in some ways, is what to do with Farmer. Hard to argue that right now he's not one of the best players on the club. Do you move him to third next year--if Barrero can play SS--and maybe put McClain in CF if he's ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Siani developing 10-15 HR pop has been a nice development this year. He seems to otherwise be the same guy.
    If Siani can pop 15 or so homers and ops in the 700-750 range and play his typical defense that’s a pretty solid CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    If Siani can pop 15 or so homers and ops in the 700-750 range and play his typical defense that’s a pretty solid CF.
    That's a solid second-division starter, assuming health.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That's a solid second-division starter, assuming health.
    I’d not complain about that if that’s the result from Siani. This time last year he was looking like defensive replacement at best.

17. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (06-16-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Reds prospect Allan Cerda is in the midst of an impressive month at High-A Dayton. He’s slashing .326/.463/.767 (1.230 OPS) with four doubles, five homers and 13 RBI in 13 games. He nearly has as many walks (11) as strikeouts (15).

19. Likes:

HokieRed (06-17-2022),Old school 1983 (06-17-2022),Tom Servo (06-17-2022)

Barrero is just coming off surgery on his wrist and he had no spring training. Maybe everyone should give him a little time before giving up on him.

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-17-2022),Ron Madden (06-18-2022),Tom Servo (06-17-2022)

Cerda's key will be the hit tool and the subsequent K rate.

He has historically struggled with a pretty massive hole in his swing that I'm guessing will be exploited at higher levels. If he's fixed that to any degree, he becomes a very interesting prospect. As in first-division multiple-time All-Star interesting.

Is his brother Christian Cerda, a catching prospect for the Rays? They're both from the Bronx, and the dates of birth say it's possible.

Turn Off Ads?