Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Krall: Aug.2nd Trade Deadline

Re: Nick Krall: Aug.2nd Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    You know this is wrong, yet you keep saying it.

So one last time:

The amount of payroll they spent on payroll in 2019 and 2020 (the Covid year) is what an average team spends every year, when you look at it as a percentage of revenue. The way you keep saying it makes it seem like the Reds were going crazy out of their depth.

Doing what they should be doing every season shouldn’t be applauded, it should be the norm.
    Actually it’s all conjecture unless you’re a time traveler and can see the future. I can keep saying it because it’s my opinion that it’s a pretty good possibility. You can keep posting your opinion too. I’m glad you’ll finally admit that you think they’ll have like a 70M payroll next year. That only took you 4 months to just come out and say it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    They built a real winner in 2020. Just didn’t work.
    If that 2020 team is what you call a real winner then I guess you are happy with a team that scraps into the playoffs in a shortened season and then gets swept. I would rather they actually built a team that can contend

4. Likes:

#13 (07-03-2022),Mitri (07-03-2022),mth123 (07-03-2022),REDREAD (07-05-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fondfoat View Post
    If that 2020 team is what you call a real winner then I guess you are happy with a team that scraps into the playoffs in a shortened season and then gets swept.
    Better than a team with 100+ losses...

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Is that the definition of a real winner? I guess it may be the best we can hope for over the next 3 seasons.

Winners don't rebuild, I hate all this posturing about money when I can look at the Cardinals and Brewers. There's only a few cities in America you're guaranteed attendance and tv for revenue .
    Last edited by wlf WV; 07-03-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    May the Lord bless

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-03-2022),REDREAD (07-05-2022),RiverRat13 (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by fondfoat View Post
    If that 2020 team is what you call a real winner then I guess you are happy with a team that scraps into the playoffs in a shortened season and then gets swept. I would rather they actually built a team that can contend
    In a 162 game season, that team would have run away with the division. At game 60 they were trending to do just that. That was a 90+ win team in a 162 game season.

And no, I’m not satisfied with them getting their brains beat in during the first round of the playoffs. Again. Noting you’ve said has countered the incorrect statement of they’ve been rebuilding for the past 8 years. That was my point. They spent and traded to make a run just 2 seasons ago. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they spent some this off-season given the low payroll amount they have dedicated next year.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 07-03-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And going nowhere. Spending/wasting money on free agents and trading prospects for rentals isn’t sustainable over the long haul. This is the first year in the transition to smart, responsible, and sustainable baseball moves and some fans just do not understand. The Reds are trying to get rid of bad contracts and not make the same bad baseball decisions that have crippled this franchise for nearly two decades. Scout, draft, develop, trade, and turn the roster over every 5 years.

Another gem from Castillo. Montas likely to the IL.

Krall cannot afford to muck this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    In a 162 game season, that team would have run away with the division. At game 60 they were trending to do just that. That was a 90+ win team in a 162 game season.
    Isn't this also conjecture though?

13. Likes:

fondfoat (07-03-2022),mth123 (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Another gem from Castillo. Montas likely to the IL.

Krall cannot afford to muck this one up.
    Reds are in a position to pull off a 1989 Dallas Cowboys with Castillo and Mahle being the two best pitchers on the trade market. I would be asking for a teams top 3 prospects for Castillo(and might settle for 3 of the top 5 depending on the team), and Mahle could land a top 50 plus a good second piece especially if Castillo is traded first. I'm more nervous for these trades than any game in recent memory lol.

I wonder if contending teams will get more aggressive after Montas' injury?

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Reds are in a position to pull off a 1989 Dallas Cowboys with Castillo and Mahle being the two best pitchers on the trade market. I would be asking for a teams top 3 prospects for Castillo(and might settle for 3 of the top 5 depending on the team), and Mahle could land a top 50 plus a good second piece especially if Castillo is traded first. I'm more nervous for these trades than any game in recent memory lol.

I wonder if contending teams will get more aggressive after Montas' injury?
    Expecting an organization's Top 3 prospects is probably going to lead you to be very disappointed unless the Reds' trading partner has an awful farm system. Don't set the bar that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Expecting an organization's Top 3 prospects is probably going to lead you to be very disappointed unless the Reds' trading partner has an awful farm system. Don't set the bar that high.
    If Montas is damaged goods then the Reds have all the leverage. They absolutely should start out asking for the moon, and see if anyone bites. Looking at the prospects for some of these contending teams I don't think asking for the top 3 is that unreasonable. If a top 10 overall prospect is the headliner then you can settle for lesser secondary pieces. These trade(much like the 2015 trades) will decide if the Reds build a winning team in the near future or repeat their Cueto and Chapman blunders.

On normal rest Castillo would next pitch Friday, July 8, night game at home against Tampa Bay Rays.

Reds could run a negotiation process and trade Castillo Thursday or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    On normal rest Castillo would next pitch Friday, July 8, night game at home against Tampa Bay Rays.

Reds could run a negotiation process and trade Castillo Thursday or Friday.
    It ain’t happening until the deadline.

19. Likes:

757690 (07-03-2022),mth123 (07-04-2022),RiverRat13 (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    It ain’t happening until the deadline.
    Yep, they are going to milk it long and slow. It's gonna be a tantric trade, the expectations will at an apex in three weeks.

21. Likes:

757690 (07-03-2022)

Turn Off Ads?