Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6-19-22 Reds vs Brewers 1:40 P?M

Re: 6-19-22 Reds vs Brewers 1:40 P?M

Feels like Groundhog Day the last three games. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

What a stupid challenge by the Brewers.
    Joey slam time.

No matter how well some reliever is pitching you can bet it won’t last. They could be pitching with the WW 2 balls and they manage to give up homers.

No chance there. None.

I figured it out. They are the baseball version of the Washington Generals. Ok talent, some flashes, but know their role is to lose. They know it, and their opponent knows it.

Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

6-19-22 Reds vs Brewers 1:40 P?M

Get swept here with the Dodgers coming to town makes me think getting in the playoffs is going to be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

8. Likes:

Banshee (06-19-2022)

Reds trail going into the ninth. From here on out, looking forward to Greene and Lodolo; the trade deadline; and the draft.

10. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-19-2022)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds trail going into the ninth. From here on out, looking forward to Greene and Lodolo; the trade deadline; and the draft.
    I look forward to Ashcraft’s development also

And the new owners - hey one can hope

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Old Hoss probably topped out at 70 MPH.
    LOL But I still love him. Had maybe the greatest season ever with 59 wins in '84 while pitching 678 + innings. Also won all three games of the WS that year. Probably pitched well over 700 innings that season, counting all pre and postseason games.

Dude drank a quart of whiskey a day throughout his playing career and he increased his drinking after he was out of the game. He loved saloons and saloon girls. The Reds released him in August of '93, I think. Old Hoss kinda went downhill from there. He shot himself in the face during a hunting accident and became a recluse in his last few years of life. He bought himself a tavern, drank day and night , and died of syphillis at age 42. If we dismiss Old Hoss' accomplishments because he didn't throw 95, we'd have to dismiss Cy Young as well, who played arund the same era as Old Hoss. In fact, I think Hoss got his 300th win about 10 years before Cy got his 300th.

Man man, Hoss, was also the first player to have flipped the bird in a photo. Gotta love that.

Name:  Old_Hoss_Radbourn_finger.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  116.9 KB
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 06-19-2022 at 04:36 PM.

13. Likes:

Mutaman (06-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I figured it out. They are the baseball version of the Washington Generals. Ok talent, some flashes, but know their role is to lose. They know it, and their opponent knows it.

I agree. Just good enough to lose. Bullpen though is just so bad that it drags down anything good or average elsewhere.

When Stephenson got hurt, I assumed wins would be few and far between. Now that Diaz is hurt, I am even less optimistic.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    LOL But I still love him. Had maybe the greatest season ever with 59 wins in '84 while pitching 678 + innings. Also won all three games of the WS that year. Probably pitched well over 700 innings that season, counting all pre and postseason games.

Dude drank a quart of whiskey a day throughout his playing career and he increased his drinking after he was out of the game. He loved saloons and saloon girls. The Reds released him in August of '93, I think. Old Hoss kinda went downhill from there. He shot himself in the face during a hunting accident and became a recluse in his last few years of life. He bought himself a tavern, drank day and night , and died of syphillis at age 42. If we dismiss Old Hoss' accomplishments because he didn't throw 95, we'd have to dismiss Cy Young as well, who played arund the same era as Old Hoss. In fact, I think Hoss got his 300th win about 10 years before Cy got his 300th.

Man man, Hoss, was also the first player to have flipped the bird in a photo. Gotta love that.

Name:  Old_Hoss_Radbourn_finger.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  116.9 KB

They really did not value life or any expectations of it being very long back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I look forward to Ashcraft’s development also

And the new owners - hey one can hope

It's happening. No way they talk to the fans like they did on opening day, kill the payroll the way they did, without an exit plan. They're selling. And thank God. Just stay away from bananas.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I just turned it on to see if anything had changed, just in time to watch India helplessly whiff.

I’ll watch Lodolo when he comes back, probably. Maybe tune in for Greene now and again. But that’s it.

Not only is this team awful, but it’s hideously boring. I’m a Reds fan - losing baseball is not terra nova to me. But a team this bad and this disinteresting? It hit me today, right around the 2nd. I hate watching this team. I think I’m going to do a lot less of it.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    It's happening. No way they talk to the fans like they did on opening day, kill the payroll the way they did, without an exit plan. They're selling. And thank God. Just stay away from bananas.

Stay away from anyone in Cincinnati. Maybe try an outside owner. It’s not like they can move the team that easy.
    They can’t move TB or OAK and if any 2 trans deserve to it’s those two. It’s not that easy.

Turn Off Ads?