Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Notre Dame's reluctance to join the B1G has baffled me for years. I am to the point where I truly believed they are scared. Scared that the rigors of playing in the B1G will rub some gold off that dome.
    I never understood the ACC move, unless it was because the ACC let them have what they wanted (non-conference member in football with 5 scheduled ACC games per year while being an ACC school in every other sport). The B1G always seemed like it made the most sense, both geographically and because Notre Dame played at least 3 games against B1G schools from 2002-2014 before they halfway joined the ACC. Their record against the B1G is 29-21 over that time (02'-'22). I'm guessing the B1G wasnt willing to deal with their partial member bullcrap where as the ACC needed another team. I honestly dont care where they play except for the fact that they can nab a CFP spot without having to play in a conference championship game. To me that's not fair, though they usually get stomped out.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 07-20-2022 at 11:15 AM.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-20-2022),Danny Serafini (07-20-2022),Revering4Blue (07-20-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think the B1G makes that much sense for ND. I get what you guys are saying, and you aren't wrong, but you are missing some important parts.

- They can make basically the same money and not have to answer to other teams.
    * There will always be someone that will let ND park their Olympic sports for a few home and home FB games.
    * They would now beholden to a pretty sizeable exit fee.
    * Teams are still lining up to play them.

- If you take Ohio State out of the B1G, is it really that great of a league?
    * It would be better than most, and probably a clear number two, but it would still be far below the SEC.
    * Maybe Ohio State goes to the SEC
    * Maybe ND wants to go with them, if that happens.

I know B1G fans want ND, because it would be good for them. What does it really do for them though? Almost any B1G team would sign up for a home and home with them anyways.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

But that’s the thing, they can’t make basically the same amount of money. They are hoping to get $75M. The Big Ten is going to be north of $100M. Is it worth $25-50M, maybe more?

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-20-2022)

They also get money from the ACC too. It's probably not $25M, but I'm guessing around $7M.

My guess, the answer to your question is yes. If Ohio State decides to bolt, the league is much less desirable. Again, the exit fee, the control, the knowns. It doesn't seem like they need the money either. Now if the B1G and PAC teams stop scheduling games with them, or they have less access to the playoffs, I'm guessing it's a different conversation. It's probably best to wait and see, because that call can be made pretty much at any time. Not to mention they'll have to buy out of a number of previously scheduled games.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Ohio State isn’t going to bolt and everyone needs money, just ask USC.

Texas and Oklahoma weren't going to Bolt
    USC and UCLA weren't going to Bolt

If everyone needs the money as you say, then it's just a matter of time for Ohio State.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

The Big Ten makes as much and possibly soon more than the SEC. Those schools left because their conferences didn’t read the room and fell way way behind on TV money and couldn’t catch up.

I've heard different about the SEC vs B1G money, but luckily we'll get to find out for sure soon enough.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I've heard different about the SEC vs B1G money, but luckily we'll get to find out for sure soon enough.
    https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/nav...ower-five.html

These were projections done before USC and UCLA joined. Starts with current deals and projects per team revenue.

I believe that's what I saw too. To over simplify it, UCLA and USC would have to be worth more than the per team payout to add additional $$/team. My guess is they are probably right around that number, so they wouldn't add any revenue per team nor take any away. I could be way off. Again, just my guess.

So in 2029 there is about a $10M/year difference. If OSU were to come over, that's probably at least another $10M/team the SEC could tack on in TV money. If it's all about the money, like you say, I turn the question to you. Why wouldn't OSU do that?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

OSU ain't leaving the Big Ten lmao
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (07-20-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I believe that's what I saw too. To over simplify it, UCLA and USC would have to be worth more than the per team payout to add additional $$/team. My guess is they are probably right around that number, so they wouldn't add any revenue per team nor take any away. I could be way off. Again, just my guess.

So in 2029 there is about a $10M/year difference. If OSU were to come over, that's probably at least another $10M/team the SEC could tack on in TV money. If it's all about the money, like you say, I turn the question to you. Why wouldn't OSU do that?
    I didn’t say it’s all about the money, I said everyone needs money. A $10M or so difference when you are talking about $100M+ isn’t going to motivate anyone. This is all happening because the PAC and Big 12 were going to be $40M plus a year off with no plan or options on how to close that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    OSU ain't leaving the Big Ten lmao
    Nobody thought USC and UCLA would leave the PAC 12 either. For the Big 10 nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nobody thought USC and UCLA would leave the PAC 12 either. For the Big 10 nonetheless.
    Ummm, actually there were pundits that brought up USC and UCLA leaving a few years back and joining the B1G.

Turn Off Ads?