Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022

Re: NCAA Football 2022

What the hell is going on at Mich St? How'd they fall so far, so fast?

2. Turn Off Ads?

KU enters the top 25 and hosting GameDay. What a time to be alive!

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-03-2022),Sea Ray (10-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    KU enters the top 25 and hosting GameDay. What a time to be alive!
    A week ago was Nirvana for this fan. College Day at Knoxville and TNF at Cincinnati. That's a lot of hype for my two favorite teams...and my teams won to boot...

Good for KU!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What the hell is going on at Mich St? How'd they fall so far, so fast?
    So far, so fast? It is simple. The pollsters made a mistake in the early season rankings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin.
    I would take him at IU in a heart beat. Don't like the decision here that Wiscy made.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    So far, so fast? It is simple. The pollsters made a mistake in the early season rankings.

- - - Updated - - -

I would take him at IU in a heart beat. Don't like the decision here that Wiscy made.
    They're looking at 2-7 and out of the Bowl picture just a few days after Halloween. Three straight weeks of double digit losses. I don't think many saw that coming

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

They're looking at 2-7 and out of the Bowl picture just a few days after Halloween. Three straight weeks of double digit losses. I don't think many saw that coming
    I am one that thought last season was a fluke for Sparty. But things are looking bad in East Lansing.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am one that thought last season was a fluke for Sparty. But things are looking bad in East Lansing.
    Yep. They were idiots to throw the Brinks Truck at Mel after last yr. Who were they bidding against anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    In their first ever game as an FBS team, JMU dominates MTSU 44-7. Great way to start off a new era of Dukes football.
    Fun ride so far! 4-0 going into the next game against Arkansas State on NFL Network, which feels weird.

Name:  78409B58-7F7D-428C-9C1E-B0E00026B75B.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  305.2 KB
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

11. Likes:

Chip R (10-05-2022)

Yep. They were idiots to throw the Brinks Truck at Mel after last yr. Who were they bidding against anyway?
    The weird thing about the Mel Tucker extension was that they signed it mid season and days before the OSU game. He got his $95 mil guaranteed and then he promptly lost to OSU by 100 points and gave up something like 700 yards. Whoever his agent is deserves every percent he got.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-05-2022)

Don't look too much into it. When Tucker took over MSU was a dumpster fire, Dantonio had pretty much mailed it in over his last few seasons. Tucker hit gold with Kenneth Walker and had a surprising season, knocking off Michigan in route to an unexpected season.

Tucker has been recruiting at a pretty high level for MSU, consistently in the top 5 in the B1G.

I don't think I would have given him the massive contract, but in his two years he took over a program in turmoil, beat their rival twice and had the team ranked in the single digits in late November. I mean he did go 11-2 in his second season at MSU (first true season when you consider the pandemic season.)

There was a lot of talk LSU wanted him and with the way they threw money at Brian Kelly, it may have been true

Ha, just saw the video of the Rutgers guy leveling the Ohio State punter on the fake punt up 39. I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Ha, just saw the video of the Rutgers guy leveling the Ohio State punter on the fake punt up 39. I respect that.
    You respect the intent to injure somebody for your team's bad play with an illegal play where the punter was out of bounds and stopping?

It was not a called fake punt. Rutgers, down 39 late in the game, loaded up the left side of line on a called punt block. Because of this there was nothing in front of the rugby style punter going to his right. Punters are trained, if you roll out to the right and absolutely nobody is there, run for the first down. He moved to his right and saw 40 yards of green, so he ran. Rutgers was likely using the punt as a way to practice punt block in a game situation. They should have expected that possibility if they were going full out and trying to block a punt in that situation.

This is a great example of the bias against OSU football. If this were any other team people would be able to look at it objectively. But it's OSU so "scarlet and gray man bad!"
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 10-05-2022 at 08:06 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-05-2022),Larkin Fan (10-08-2022),texasdave (10-05-2022)

Listen, if you're up 39 and faking a punt (however that happens), someone is going to be looking to blow you up. Best keep your head on a swivel. A Day/Schiano fight would have been fun there.

Don't want the weenie punter making a 40 yard run on you then maybe cover him.
    Go Gators!

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-05-2022),Larkin Fan (10-08-2022),RedTeamGo! (10-05-2022)

Turn Off Ads?