Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Sure, and don't fall behind by 39 points, either. But Rutgers is obviously bad at football.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The punter was coached to look out for that formation and run if it’s there. But he wasn’t coached to have the disclaimer of “if you’re up by 39, just kick”. Day put the blame on the coaching staff for not emphasizing the game situation to the punter.

When you’re getting you’re ass kicked, it’s hard to be forgiving about such things. I’m sure it was a learning experience for all involved. It was fun to see a dust up like that though. It was a fairly boring game.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Listen, if you're up 39 and faking a punt (however that happens), someone is going to be looking to blow you up. Best keep your head on a swivel. A Day/Schiano fight would have been fun there.
    If the punter was in bounds, sure, hit him. However, he was out of bounds and for more than enough time for the guy that hit him to know he was out of bounds. That was 1000% a dirty play by that player and he is the last person who deserves any "respect" for what he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Sure, and don't fall behind by 39 points, either. But Rutgers is obviously bad at football.
    Rutgers is in the Big Ten. If they cannot play with the big boys time to leave. If this was a buy-game against Toledo or something, yeah, I would be ripping into Mirco for running that ball. However, this is a conference game. Play to the final whistle, and do not try to block a punt if you don't want that to happen.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-05-2022),Larkin Fan (10-08-2022),Roy Tucker (10-05-2022),texasdave (10-05-2022)

Per a Louisville player, rumor in the locker room is Satterfield is out after Saturdays game regardless of a win or not.

I think thats the wrong move, he is just now getting his players on campus, and has a decent recruit class coming and should get at least 2 more years.

I doubt he's out win or lose, but I can definitely see him out if they lose. He's on year 5. If he's just now getting his players to campus, it's too late. It would be sad to see Louisville lose out on the recruiting class he was buidling, but the loss to BC last week was just beyond brutal. That can't happen in year 5.

Maybe it's only his fourth year. Feels bad enough to be five!
    Last edited by Boston Red; 10-07-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Per a Louisville player, rumor in the locker room is Satterfield is out after Saturdays game regardless of a win or not.

I think thats the wrong move, he is just now getting his players on campus, and has a decent recruit class coming and should get at least 2 more years.
    I’m a UK fan so you know my feelings on Louisville but I think Satterfield needs to go.

He’s had 4 or 5 years to get “his players” in. Recruiting classes mean absolutely nothing until they sign and even then they can still leave. If Louisville hitches their wagon to more of Satterfield they better hope he’s able to keep Reuben Owens and the rest of that class intact. I doubt he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Pierce Clarkson and his dad are the ones REALLY recruiting that class anyway. So presumably they'd be able to find soneone the Clarksons like that would keep the class together. A dangerous game, that, but perhaps one Louisville would be willing to play now given where the program is right now.

The #1 thing I am looking for this week is did it really just finally "click" for Texas last week as they curb stomped WVU.....or is WVU just really the worst team in the Big12. Hope the Texas/Oklahoma gives me a solid idea.

Btw, anyone interested in a well spoken, very cordial head football coach from a small town in Kentucky that really likes to keep his team around .500 regardless of the level of talent on the roster? If you come across someone in need of this type of person to lead their program, have them reach out to Neal Brown's agent......please.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Appears Dana has basically thrown in the towel on the Houston gig, and the players have thrown in the towel on Dana. IMO, there are only two paths for Dana to have success going forward in college football. Return to an OC role.....I actually think he can be a solid OC again. The other option is to always have an "old head" disciplinarian as an AHC that will manage the team and keep everyone in line......Dana is just not going to deal with the details.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    The #1 thing I am looking for this week is did it really just finally "click" for Texas last week as they curb stomped WVU.....or is WVU just really the worst team in the Big12. Hope the Texas/Oklahoma gives me a solid idea.

Btw, anyone interested in a well spoken, very cordial head football coach from a small town in Kentucky that really likes to keep his team around .500 regardless of the level of talent on the roster? If you come across someone in need of this type of person to lead their program, have them reach out to Neal Brown's agent......please.
    Shane Lyons is the one that needs fired the same day Neal Brown is.

That said, I don’t know if WVU will ever do any better in the current state of college athletics, and that is with a HOFer coaching the basketball team as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Shane Lyons is the one that needs fired the same day Neal Brown is.

That said, I don’t know if WVU will ever do any better in the current state of college athletics, and that is with a HOFer coaching the basketball team as well.
    I agree with Lyons....the extension is clearly a firable offense. Your latter statement is silly, and I think is part of your whole "I live in WV, but hate WV" thing (I say that with more of a smile than a snarky tone). Now if you want to talk about Huggins ability to evolve and how much success he may have going forward, that is a discussion that I am sure has valid points on both sides.....but WVU will find a high level of success in Football and Basketball again at some point. I personally think Brown has been unable to evolve into running a P5 program, and I doubt WVU will have much success as long as he is on the sidelines. It really is not magic.....but it is hard because several correct pieces have to be in place. How long was your Wildcats bottom feeders in the SEC....and college football overall? What changed? They finally got the biggest piece in place (Head Coach), and the AD/Boosters came around to accept that football is no longer important, but critical to a successful athletic department. Now they are a relevant program in the SEC.....Kansas appears to be trying to follow a similar model.

Again, I do not blame Shane for hiring Brown. Given the situation and time of opening.....it looked good on paper. There was zero reason to give Brown an extension after two seasons and an under .500 overall record. I personally think WVU's best path is to seek out another RichRod type candidate as in RichRod was the guy that brought running the ball our of the spread to big time college football. It was unique and teams had a hard time preparing in a week when they did not see it for the most part the rest of the week. It allowed RichRod to recruit very specific players for every position....often not players at the top of other top teams wish list such as OLine that were not as large, but quick on their feet. Even the 3-3 stack defense that WVU ran when Rich was the coach was a little different, and much of it's success was based on other teams not seeing it every week......and once again it relied more on speed than size which made it easier to get the right guys in the trenches because these were mostly not guys that Ohio State and Penn State wanted badly. Just something a little different....not drastic like a triple option.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m a UK fan so you know my feelings on Louisville but I think Satterfield needs to go.

He’s had 4 or 5 years to get “his players” in. Recruiting classes mean absolutely nothing until they sign and even then they can still leave. If Louisville hitches their wagon to more of Satterfield they better hope he’s able to keep Reuben Owens and the rest of that class intact. I doubt he does.
    Also have to remember he lost almost half of a recruiting class to covid, that would be Juniors now.

Good on Dana and Houston for actually NOT giving up last night.

17. Likes:

adkindo (10-08-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The Red River Showdown and neither team is ranked?

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-08-2022)

I'm not going to complain about having Stroud, but Ewers looks special. Very composed in the pocket, can throw from all arm angles, good on the move. He doesn't look in a rush.

Not saying he will be this good of course, but his style reminds me of Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?