Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I dont remember a lot of these SEC/Southern football fans saying a word when OU and Texas went to the SEC but now USC and UCLA are going to the big ten: "College football is ruined"
    It’s not ruined anymore than it was a year ago. The entire landscape has shifted.

What’s funny is that a year ago the B1G, PAC-12, and Big 12 got together in an “alliance” against the SEC and apparently it meant nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

College football is obviously going through a seismic change. If You would have told me back in the Woody Hayes era that some day Ohio State and USC would play in the same conference, I would have thought you were crazy. There was a giant wall at about the Rocky Mountains that split both geographically and philosophically the PAC 10 and the Big 10. You only had to watch the annual Rose Bowl games to see the difference.

But 50 years later, OSU is known for their air attack and wide receivers and USC is going to be in the Big 10. My how times change.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-01-2022),WVRed (07-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    College football is obviously going through a seismic change. If You would have told me back in the Woody Hayes era that some day Ohio State and USC would play in the same conference, I would have thought you were crazy. There was a giant wall at about the Rocky Mountains that split both geographically and philosophically the PAC 10 and the Big 10. You only had to watch the annual Rose Bowl games to see the difference.

But 50 years later, OSU is known for their air attack and wide receivers and USC is going to be in the Big 10. My how times change.
    Never really thought about it but if Oregon and Washington jump ship next it will all but destroy the Rose Bowl.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think the SEC goes for UNC next. Football is solid and basketball would be huge plus getting into that media market. Could see Virginia and/or Va Tech. Which leaves NC State or Duke and I think the SEC takes Raleigh and football over Dukes horrible football program despite basketball.
    UNC and NC State would be preferable but im just not sure if UNC and Duke can be separated.

I would love for the SEC to break into the NC market so maybe I could see my Gators play (though I will see them when they come to Raleigh for a non conference game in 2026). Taking UNC from the ACC would be going right for the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I dont remember a lot of these SEC/Southern football fans saying a word when OU and Texas went to the SEC but now USC and UCLA are going to the big ten: "College football is ruined"
    Realignment and super conferences pale in comparison to the NLI and the new transfer rules if we're talking about what is truly changing the landscape of College Football.

As a Florida fan I don't mind the conference stuff but would prefer it still have somewhat of a true regional feel. It's already weird having WV in the B12 but UCLA and USC in the B10, talk about feeling out of place lol.

The main things I want out of College Football going forward:
    1 - Expanded CFP to 6 or 8. I don't care if the argument is "well team A and team B are clearly the best and will kill the others so whats the point of the additional games?". The bowl system is done outside of naming playoff games and other postseason games after them. Give me a great 4 v 5 or 3 v 6. Heck i'd even enjoy that UCF type of team running their mouth to get their shot at Alabama, Ohio State etc. at least then they'd get the shot and we wouldnt have to hear about it non-stop.
    2 - Give me five 16 team conferences. Don't care how you get there, just do it. Send the 5 conference champions and the next 3 highest rated teams in the CFP to the CFP.
    3 - With those 16 team conferences everyone goes into Pod scheduling. 4 pods of 4 teams with rotations against the other 3 pods and 9 game conference schedules. 3-4-2, 3 against your pod, 4 against another pod on a 3 year rotation, and then the last 2 would come from each teams permanent opponent in each of the other 3 pods (2 games because they already play one in the pod rotation).
    4 - NLI control. It's already all over the place. At the same time I have no idea how this could be done. It's killing me right now because Florida is still getting beat by other teams for recruits because those teams are pedal to the metal and Florida is tiptoeing trying to figure out what the NCAA does/doesnt want.
    5 - Give me EA Sports NCAA Football 2023 ASAP. Wish it was back this year but next year!!!
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 07-01-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    UNC and NC State would be preferable but im just not sure if UNC and Duke can be separated.

I would love for the SEC to break into the NC market so maybe I could see my Gators play (though I will see them when they come to Raleigh for a non conference game in 2026). Taking UNC from the ACC would be going right for the heart.
    Might as well include Wake Forest then.

Part of me wants no part of any of the North Carolina schools. The ACC in basketball has always been a wine and cheese league and bringing in those four would bring the baggage that comes with it. Then again it’s better than bringing in schools the SEC already has a footprint in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Realignment and super conferences pale in comparison to the NLI and the new transfer rules if we're talking about what is truly changing the landscape of College Football.

As a Florida fan I don't mind the conference stuff but would prefer it still have somewhat of a true regional feel. It's already weird having WV in the B12 but UCLA and USC in the B10, talk about feeling out of place lol.
    If the Big 10 goes to 20 USC and UCLA won’t be alone for very long and in a pod format they would be in the same division.

Conference realignment has jumped the shark.

I think the SEC goes for UNC next. Football is solid and basketball would be huge plus getting into that media market. Could see Virginia and/or Va Tech. Which leaves NC State or Duke and I think the SEC takes Raleigh and football over Dukes horrible football program despite basketball.
    I think UNC, Duke and Virginia would be a far better fit with the Big Ten. My guess is they'd agree.

12. Likes:

RiverRat13 (07-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    I think UNC, Duke and Virginia would be a far better fit with the Big Ten. My guess is they'd agree.
    Those three are also AAU schools so they fit that blueprint. Guess it depends on who calls first. I’d imagine the B1G is going to expand west.

This is just going to kill more non revenue sports.

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    And ultimately the NCAA.

16. Likes:

bm1475 (07-01-2022)

Yep, to me this is clearly headed toward the B10 and SEC breaking off, turning into two "conferences" that only play each other and have their own national championship complete with playoffs, divisions, wild cards, etc., and leaving everyone else in the NCAA with the scraps. Who knows what'll happen to the bowl system. It'll basically be the baby NFL, even more than it's been for years already.

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I'm in favor of separating football and having them form their own leagues, while all other sports remain in traditional mostly geographic-based leagues. All these decisions at the big time P5 level are all about football and it's screwing everyone else.

I'm curious to where this will leave non-football powers like Villanova, Gonzaga, Xavier, etc. Will the new superconferences form their own national tournaments in the other sports as well?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Never really thought about it but if Oregon and Washington jump ship next it will all but destroy the Rose Bowl.
    It looks like we are heading to the B1G is the NFL and the SEC is the AFL. They'll both grow enough for each to have their own playoff (and get to keep that money for their respective conference) using their traditional bowl tie-ins. For the B1G, the Rose Bowl would be the Championship Game. Then eventually they will play a "super" bowl pitting the champion from each conference against each other.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?