Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It will be Fox, I think the networks are jockeying to see who gets the 2nd provider status.

I heard the apparent B1G TV contract will be richer than what ND gets combined.
    The ND contract with NBC is not all that impressive in annual revenue distribution.....and has not been for years. ND would have earned more TV/Media revenue as a member of the SEC, Big10 and even the Big12 over the last decade.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Chip R (07-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    The ND contract with NBC is not all that impressive in annual revenue distribution.....and has not been for years. ND would have earned more TV/Media revenue as a member of the SEC, Big10 and even the Big12 over the last decade.
    If you are NBC, and I am sure ND still gets good ratings, but you get like 8 games a season, and at least half those are snoozers. To be honest, I think NBC would like ND to go to the B1G and get a piece of that action.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-06-2022),kaldaniels (07-06-2022)

I don't know. The Big Ten has plenty of dreck just like the ACC. Michigan and Notre Dame (and occasionally Ohio State and Notre Dame) can play each other while ND is in another conference or independent.

7. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't know. The Big Ten has plenty of dreck just like the ACC. Michigan and Notre Dame (and occasionally Ohio State and Notre Dame) can play each other while ND is in another conference or independent.
    Its inventory. NBC isn't going to get the top tier B1G contract, Fox will get that. But what if they get the second choice? Basically as it stands right now Fox chooses OSU v Michigan and then ABC gets the second choice which is usually PSU v OSU but this year its OSU v ND.

There are some years they could go with one or two Premier League games, ND in the mid afternoon slot, and then a quality game at night. They could some compelling games by branching out from just ND football.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I want ND in the B1G for selfish reasons...basketball tix are easy to come by for me in South Bend. If my woman would let me, I would be at every ND home game for B1G play.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-07-2022),Sea Ray (07-06-2022)

There simply is no justice in a world where Rutgers and Vanderbilt are in line to pound massive checks while Washington and Stanford are nervous about having a conference to call home. Recently I read that Vanderbilt's facilities are materially worse than higher level FCS programs.....what do they even do with their SEC checks? I guess a case can be made that Rutgers at least tries.....but Vanderbilt does not even make a real effort to improve their football program.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Meanwhile, Wilner, on Wednesday, cited a source that would be "stunned" if Oregon and Washington follow USC and UCLA to the Big Ten in the immediate future. Wilner stated the growing reality is that the two schools will have to make things work in the Pac-12, or leave and join the Big 12.
    https://247sports.com/Article/Pac-12...ort-189736628/
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    There simply is no justice in a world where Rutgers and Vanderbilt are in line to pound massive checks while Washington and Stanford are nervous about having a conference to call home. Recently I read that Vanderbilt's facilities are materially worse than higher level FCS programs.....what do they even do with their SEC checks? I guess a case can be made that Rutgers at least tries.....but Vanderbilt does not even make a real effort to improve their football program.
    They did catch lightning with James Franklin.

I saw something where contraction was mentioned I think for the Big 10. Can’t remember where but if I were Rutgers I’d be sweating.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

These conferences need to be for all non football sports, for football get the big whigs from the SEC and big 10x2 in a room together and have a draft, back and forth until they get to 20, then let the big12 and pac12acc draft.

Would never happen but it should.
    Go Gators!

An interesting point was brought up on the Cover 2 podcast (Athlon Sports).....the media and fans assume the SEC would have an automatic interest in Clemson and FSU if the ACC begins to fall apart. They said those views are not as common in conference offices and athletic departments.....and the Big12 might be the best and only easy option for those two schools is the ACC come undone. They pointed out the SEC just does not need another school in Florida because UF is the premium brand that provides full access to the state.....and Clemson's media rights value would be worth less to the SEC than it would the Big12. They claimed decision makers believe the SEC would have far more interest in Virginia Tech and UNC while the Big 10 would go after Virginia, Duke and maybe Miami.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

I saw something where contraction was mentioned I think for the Big 10. Can’t remember where but if I were Rutgers I’d be sweating.
    All conferences need "punching bags."

17. Likes:

Chip R (07-07-2022)

Rumors UNC, Virginia, Clemson and Florida St are negotiating to join the SEC.

That would more or less force ND to the Big Ten. I’d like to see them pick up Stanford, Oregon and Washington and boot Rutgers and pick up Virginia Tech,

Lots of good pick ups for the Big 12 too. Big 12 wouldn’t be as good as the SEC and Big 10 but still a good viable conference.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Rumors UNC, Virginia, Clemson and Florida St are negotiating to join the SEC.

That would more or less force ND to the Big Ten. I’d like to see them pick up Stanford, Oregon and Washington and boot Rutgers and pick up Virginia Tech,

Lots of good pick ups for the Big 12 too. Big 12 wouldn’t be as good as the SEC and Big 10 but still a good viable conference.
    Does the rumor(s) address how the ACC teams would be getting out of their grant of rights that has 14 years left? That probably sounds like I'm trying to be smart but is a legit question, as I hadn't heard this one. I've read schools are likely looking into legally trying to contest it, but short of someone buying their way out through the enormous cost (Miami), that'd be the only possible way around it unless the conference adds a team(s), which would open the agreement back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Does the rumor(s) address how the ACC teams would be getting out of their grant of rights that has 14 years left? That probably sounds like I'm trying to be smart but is a legit question, as I hadn't heard this one. I've read schools are likely looking into legally trying to contest it, but short of someone buying their way out through the enormous cost (Miami), that'd be the only possible way around it unless the conference adds a team(s), which would open the agreement back up.
    Apparently ESPN is involved with whatever negotiations are going on and they would presumably be the lead media rights holder for both conferences. The ACC could also completely collapse if those 4 leave and the Big 10 or 12 grabs a couple others and then the problem solves itself.

21. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-07-2022)

23. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-07-2022)

Turn Off Ads?