Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 6-30-22 Reds @ Cubs 8:05 PM

Re: 6-30-22 Reds @ Cubs 8:05 PM

*** BASEBALL QUOTE OF THE DAY***

" I'd rather be the shortest player in the Majors than the tallest player in the minors." --- ???

Any guesses???
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    GABP attendance is already down this year, but how low can it go? How many people are really going to be attending games in August or September at this point?

The Marlins did $1 tickets a few years ago, the Reds should look into that.
    I think the Reds only have something like 8 or 9 home games in August. So I assume that means they will have a bunch in September. Attendance on weekdays will be announced around 10,000 actual could go as low as 2,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post

" I'd rather be the shortest player in the Majors than the tallest player in the minors." --- ???

Any guesses???
    Pure guess. Since I know he was really short. I'll go with Freddie Patek.

Votto didn’t hustle at all out of the box, Welsh 100% defended his decision to take it easy….ball gets dropped snd Votto with the play right snack in front of him continues on to second and was out by 15 feet. Compounded one mistake with another. Then we send Farmer on a hit and run type with Moose….Moose whiffs snd Farmer out by 10 greet because Reds prolly think Farmer is fast because he’s on the slowest team ever fielded. All the while the Cubs are beating out hits, catcher goes 1st to 3rd without sliding on a liner to CF….but at least for the 3rd straight game the Reds have seen 10 or fewer pitches in the first inning.

5. Likes:

durl (06-30-2022),KeefeCato (06-30-2022),malcontent (06-30-2022),NebraskaRed (06-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I think the Reds only have something like 8 or 9 home games in August. So I assume that means they will have a bunch in September. Attendance on weekdays will be announced around 10,000 actual could go as low as 2,000.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be like those Covid 2020 games with cutouts of people in the crowd instead of actual people.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-30-2022),KeefeCato (06-30-2022)

- - - Updated - - -

Pure guess. Since I know he was really short. I'll go with Freddie Patek.
    Freddie Patek is my guess as well

9. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-30-2022)

No point in Ashcraft still being in the game. He has nothing. You have a 8 man bullpen. Save wear and tear on Ashcraft.

11. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-30-2022),Red Raindog (06-30-2022)

No point in Ashcraft still being in the game. He has nothing. You have a 8 man bullpen. Save wear and tear on Ashcraft.
    Bell is in full "wins don't matter anymore, let's work on stuff like we're in spring training" mode, at this point. Which I guess is the correct mode to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    I’d like to see the Reds sign Drury to a two year deal instead of trading him. We have to have somebody play 3rd base then next couple of years and he’s probably better than anybody else they’ll come up with.
    YES!!! Exactly my thoughts. He will give us more te next two years thn what we would get in retun for a trade.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

I'm confused why I'm watching this.

15. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-30-2022)

Any guesses???

Freddie Patek

17. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (06-30-2022)

Ashcraft ERA approaching 5 now. Reds just can't have nice things.

19. Likes:

durl (06-30-2022),NebraskaRed (06-30-2022)

YES!!! Exactly my thoughts. He will give us more te next two years thn what we would get in retun for a trade.
    Or he might hit .218 and OPS 643 in 120 games like he did in 19 with Toronto. Striking out 113 times.
    Then he will get the treatment Suarez got here last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Freddie Patek is my guess as well
    Keefe and Ron are '70's baseball gurus!!!

5'4 - 5' 5" Freddie Patek and 6' 7" Frank Howard :

Name:  patek2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  27.2 KB
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 06-30-2022 at 09:30 PM.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-30-2022),durl (06-30-2022),KeefeCato (06-30-2022)

Cubs 7
    Reds 0
    after 3 innings

Ashcraft ERA approaching 5 now. Reds just can't have nice things.
    Is he a nice thing? Doesn’t strike batters out and pitches to contact…meh.

I thought he was going to be a flamethrower. If this is what he is, he will be out of MLB within a year or so. You can’t strike out two batters a game at mlb level and succeed. No way.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?