Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Rumor Discussion

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Is Tyler Naquin enough to get Ken Waldichuk from the Yankees?
    No. The only way you can definitely get him from the Yankees is in a Castillo deal. Perhaps in a Mahle trade as the main piece coming back if he shows he's fine after the All-Star break.

Edit: Forgot about Mahle being unvaccinated, which reduces his value. Also, I think the Yankees would be Castillo or bust anyway. Their rotation is good enough that if they're not adding a legit #1, they'd be better off improving other parts of their roster.
    Last edited by Coopdaddy67; 07-09-2022 at 11:45 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Drury is the epitome of a sell high candidate
    Agree but I would also want something decent for Drury compared to Naquin who anything you'd get you'd be happy with. If the best they can do is a C level prospect, it's worth the gamble to keep Drury since he has one more year of control.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Agree but I would also want something decent for Drury compared to Naquin who anything you'd get you'd be happy with. If the best they can do is a C level prospect, it's worth the gamble to keep Drury since he has one more year of control.
    He can be a free agent after the season.

Trading seven guys for prospects is extreme.

Turning shortstop over to Barrero now is extreme. He’s probably not healthy he can’t hit AAA pitching right now.

I’m not in favor of an extreme rebuild turning the Reds totally over to prospects.

I am in favor of trading anyone who will bring back meaningful prospects. I’d like to see the Reds add several of those.

Some of these vet players are pretty solid and can help the Reds field a reasonable team as they build things up. If they are under team control, or reasonably can be retained another year, I’m not against holding on to some.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-09-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Trading seven guys for prospects is extreme.

Turning shortstop over to Barrero now is extreme. He’s probably not healthy he can’t hit AAA pitching right now.

I’m not in favor of an extreme rebuild turning the Reds totally over to prospects.

I am in favor of trading anyone who will bring back meaningful prospects. I’d like to see the Reds add several of those.

Some of these vet players are pretty solid and can help the Reds field a reasonable team as they build things up. If they are under team control, or reasonably can be retained another year, I’m not against holding on to some.
    I agree. Keep Pham and Farm and Mahle since his immediate value has dropped. Cash in on Drury, Naquin, Castillo, and Solano

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I agree. Keep Pham and Farm and Mahle since his immediate value has dropped. Cash in on Drury, Naquin, Castillo, and Solano
    Pham's going to end up becoming a FA after the season. There's no point in keeping him.

Mahle, if he proves he's fine before the deadline, remains one of the best pitchers available on the market. The Reds aren't going anywhere next year and his value doesn't improve as a rental.

You want to keep Farmer? Fine, but he's not a long-term answer at SS and losing him from the roster doesn't change the trajectory of the organization.

Shop everyone, take the offers that help the franchise long term.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (07-09-2022),Old school 1983 (07-09-2022)

I’d like to see them go full tank mode until the season’s over. Go and get that 2023 #1 pick. Let the kids play and begin to sort through the chaff.

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Pham's going to end up becoming a FA after the season. There's no point in keeping him.

Mahle, if he proves he's fine before the deadline, remains one of the best pitchers available on the market. The Reds aren't going anywhere next year and his value doesn't improve as a rental.

You want to keep Farmer? Fine, but he's not a long-term answer at SS and losing him from the roster doesn't change the trajectory of the organization.
    Mutual option on Pham next year.
    Who plays SS if you trade Farmer? Elly and Barrero are not ready.
    Doubt you'll get much in return for those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Personally, I'd add Farmer to make it seven.
    If you can get something of value for him, sure.

I'd add Hoffman and anyone in the pen, should they show adequacy for more than one game too.

No one is untouchable, and most are eminently available. Or should be.

14. Likes:

757690 (07-09-2022),Coopdaddy67 (07-09-2022),Old school 1983 (07-09-2022),Wonderful Monds (07-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Mutual option on Pham next year.
    Who plays SS if you trade Farmer? Elly and Barrero are not ready.
    Doubt you'll get much in return for those two.
    He's going to decline it.

Honestly, who cares who plays SS right now? The Reds aren't going anywhere this season. If Farmer gets you a decent prospect given his versatility and control, do it.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-09-2022),Wonderful Monds (07-09-2022)

I don’t want a full tank job. I don’t want to watch a minor league team for four years. Some might enjoy that, not me.

Trade where it truly advances the organization. Otherwise, pretty good inexpensive veterans should be retained.

Some are free agents who can be retained at low cost. Maybe Naquin, for example. I wouldn’t trade him just to trade him. For what?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Drury is the epitome of a sell high candidate
    Totally agree. I said I’d only stop and think about him if he wanted to sign a very very team friendly extension. He’s the only one on that list that would even give me a nanosecond of pause, and it’d likely just be that. A nanosecond.

NM
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 07-09-2022 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don’t want a full tank job. I don’t want to watch a minor league team for four years. Some might enjoy that, not me.
    Who are the players you don't want to deal, KC?

Farmer's fungible. So's Drury. And Pham. And Naquin.

The only guys who aren't-- Stephenson, India, Greene, Ashcraft, Lodolo-- won't be dealt.

The Reds should have money and (especially) playing time enough to add decent options in free agency for similar prices for the guys they're dealing.

21. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (07-09-2022),Mitri (07-09-2022)

Turn Off Ads?