Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Rumor Discussion

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Casas/Bello would be an interesting package for Castillo. Sign me up.
    I'd be good with Casas and Bello. I'd prefer somebody who isn't a 1B, but Casas is a legit middle of the order guy with both contact and power. Bello has three above average pitches with control. The Reds don't have anybody like that. For all the flash of Greene and Ashcraft, they don't have the change-up and Greene uses his Slider as his off-speed pitch but can't consistently throw it for strikes (when he does he's pretty dominant, but he just isn't that guy often enough).

I think that return would be near a best-case scenario, Adds a guy who might be able to replace Castillo and adds a potential offensive centerpiece.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder what big league piece the Reds would have to add to get Casas, Bello and Mayer. Could Castillo + Drury + Pham get it done? If so I would pull the trigger and be thrilled.

Probably unrealistic to get all three but it’s nice to dream. Realistically Casas and Bello would be a nice return for Castillo. Mayer would be gravy if we could get him without giving up Greene/Lodolo/India/Stephenson. Given Bogaerts’ likely imminent departure, I doubt Boston is interested in moving him.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-02-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I wonder what big league piece the Reds would have to add to get Casas, Bello and Mayer. Could Castillo + Drury + Pham get it done? If so I would pull the trigger and be thrilled.

Probably unrealistic to get all three but it’s nice to dream. Realistically Casas and Bello would be a nice return for Castillo. Mayer would be gravy if we could get him without giving up Greene/Lodolo/India/Stephenson. Given Bogaerts’ likely imminent departure, I doubt Boston is interested in moving him.
    Mayer is likely 2 years out minimum. If Bogaerts is leaving any time soon, Mayer's not an option.

I think its a legit proposal, for me I would like:

Reds trade- Castillo/ Drury

Sox trade- Casas, Bello, and Hernandez-C (AAA) 2 top 100 prospects and their #23 prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I don't want to crush your dreams, but that ain't happening.

The only way Casas/Bello would be on the table is if the Red Sox want to get aggressive. They probably won't be willing to part with that for Castillo and I wouldn't blame them.

Just to clarify, Bowden was just saying what he thought the price should be, not what he thinks the Red Sox would offer.

It’s still a good sign though, that the national reporters are not seeing the Reds as a breeding farm for the big city teams, but actually respecting their players as valuable trade chips. It suggests that the price for Castillo is expected to be high, even if not that exact deal.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd be good with Casas and Bello. I'd prefer somebody who isn't a 1B, but Casas is a legit middle of the order guy with both contact and power. Bello has three above average pitches with control. The Reds don't have anybody like that. For all the flash of Greene and Ashcraft, they don't have the change-up and Greene uses his Slider as his off-speed pitch but can't consistently throw it for strikes (when he does he's pretty dominant, but he just isn't that guy often enough).

I think that return would be near a best-case scenario, Adds a guy who might be able to replace Castillo and adds a potential offensive centerpiece.
    I've seen Casas live. He's a very big human.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've seen Casas live. He's a very big human.
    And his timeline would make him perfect to be the replacement for Votto when his contract is up and give us a real DH in the meantime.

The problem is that Boston needs Casas too, their 1b production sucks just as much as ours has.

We might honestly be better off asking for Mayer. Further off, but has a real chance at being the #1 prospect in baseball and a superstar down the line.

Going out on a limb here but I predict that more scouts than usual will be watching the Reds game today.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Going out on a limb here but I predict that more scouts than usual will be watching the Reds game today.
    To watch Senzel?

12. Likes:

malcontent (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    To watch Senzel?
    Something like that, sure
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

If the Reds are hellbent on trading Luis, I wouldn’t mind them moving quickly as he’s pitching his best baseball of the year. Let’s get a bidding war started. Mahle can be moved to whomever loses out and is a bit more desperate.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-03-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/s...y7EKrDr5g&s=19

Oakland A’s starter Frankie Montas has been pulled after one inning. Montas, whose velocity usually sits 96-97 mph, was 93-94 mph and topped out at 94.5 mph.
    I think the price for Castillo just went through the roof.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

757690 (07-03-2022),Gallen5862 (07-03-2022),icehole3 (07-04-2022),klw (07-03-2022),Old school 1983 (07-03-2022),podgejeff_ (07-03-2022),Ron Madden (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post

Maybe Mahle too. Seems like the seeds might be holding pocket aces

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post

And Castillo could suffer the same fate tomorrow.

That’s why if you are going/wanting to trade him don’t dick around until the trade deadline to get it done.

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-03-2022),RedsfaninMT (07-09-2022),RedTeamGo! (07-04-2022),Tuff Nut (07-04-2022)

Turn Off Ads?