Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-3-22 Reds vs Braves 1:40

Re: 7-3-22 Reds vs Braves 1:40

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Of course it's just a rest day which is why he was initially in the lineup....
    I’m convinced they release the lineup before guys show up at the ballpark. In fact, I’d bet these lineups are put together by the front office before Bell gets to the ballpark, which is why it gets changed so often.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The FO has no business making lineups out. They’re statistically analyzing think tank is garbage. The manager should still have say over who starts and where in the lineup they hit. The FO should just worry about getting better players. Hate this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The FO has no business making lineups out. They’re statistically analyzing think tank is garbage. The manager should still have say over who starts and where in the lineup they hit. The FO should just worry about getting better players. Hate this garbage.
    I thought Bell was all in on the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The front office historically made up the lineup, all the way back to the start of the game, back when the manager was the front office. Today’s managers are basically low level team leaders. David Bell is Lumberg from Office Space.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

This Reds team looks like a high school team against prime Tom Seaver after the first three innings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

7. Likes:

icehole3 (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    This Reds team looks like a high school team against prime Tom Seaver after the first three innings

Another game another no hitter.

The second John said that, I knew a HR was coming. I hate him.

ozuna beat the hell out of that pitch. just battered it

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    The front office historically made up the lineup, all the way back to the start of the game, back when the manager was the front office. Today’s managers are basically low level team leaders. David Bell is Lumberg from Office Space.
    Dusty Baker clearly made out his own lineups. No way the front office thought that the CF leads off and the SS bats second.

The Reds lineup structure has changed with every new manager. Maybe the front office has influence on the lineups, but most managers throughout MLB history has made out their own lineups each game day.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Bell posts the lineup for the entire at the Start of each series. So players know when they are playing or not playing.
    Then they make a few changes. Due to injury. But this year there always seem to be changes daily after the lineup comes out.
    The reason every teams lineup is posted to the public 3-4 hours before first pitch. Is because Vegas wants it. For gambling.

13. Likes:

icehole3 (07-03-2022)

Lefty hitters against Morton this year hitting .866 OPS.

Righty hitters against Morton this year hitting .652 OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Dusty Baker clearly made out his own lineups. No way the front office thought that the CF leads off and the SS bats second.

The Reds lineup structure has changed with every new manager. Maybe the front office has influence on the lineups, but most managers throughout MLB history has made out their own lineups each game day.
    For the biggest part of the history of the game, the manager also did the GM job, so obviously they made the lineup. At some point the position split into the GM/Field Manager dynamic that everyone got used to, but that’s clearly changing again.

Haunted by walks

It feels like the Reds are within slam range.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Dang
    I was expecting an el perfecto today

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Charlie Morton vs Joey Votto like it's 2011.

- - - Updated - - -

Which could also technically apply to Mike Moustakas.

Turn Off Ads?