Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-4-22 Reds vs Mets 6:40

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: 7-4-22 Reds vs Mets 6:40

Greene needs to go back to AAA for a spell. He’s getting obliterated. It stops being beneficial learning at this point and becomes a death sentence for confidence.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I'm afraid Keefe's comment from the other day may turn out to be prophetic. Maybe we saw his best of India last season. Hope not.
    Sophomore slump. He will be back next season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

4. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-04-2022)

Haunted by walks

Has anyone ever seen Mr. Red and Mr. Met in the same place?

6. Likes:

JohnnyBench5 (07-04-2022)

Not sure there will be many hitters that benefit from the shift going away more than Votto.

8. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    Waiting for "He is right"
    You seem proud of the fact that you said Greene would give up HRS tonight.
    We get it. You hate Greene. Funny I never see you bash Ashcraft or Lodolo when they pitch. They are also rookies. Things that make you go Hmm.

Haunted by walks

Both designated hitters are hitting .214 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    You seem proud of the fact that you said Greene would give up HRS tonight.
    We get it. You hate Greene. Funny I never see you bash Ashcraft or Lodolo when they pitch. They are also rookies. Things that make you go Hmm.
    Ashcraft and Lodolo havent been hyped every night like Greene. I don't hate anybody just disappointed that Reds fans were promised so much and delivered so little

Crosley did you say anything nice about Greene on his good starts? Because he has had some.

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    Ashcraft and Lodolo havent been hyped every night like Greene. I don't hate anybody just disappointed that Reds fans were promised so much and delivered so little
    I don't know what you expected. Forget wins because he would have to be near perfect to get wins with this offense and pen.
    He has had 3-4 good starts. Dominated in a couple. Has been horrible in the rest.
    Most hyped rookies struggle in their rookie years. Not all but most do.
    He should be a Red for 5 more years after this one. If he don't improve any starting next season you can start to label him a bust.
    But I'm not giving up on him yet. The kid has barely pitched in the minors due to injury. Most clubs would still have him in AAA. But as you know the Reds have limited options to start.

14. Likes:

JohnnyBench5 (07-04-2022),TNRED (07-04-2022)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

***TODAY'S BASEBALL QUOTE OF THE DAY ***

Baseball friends, 83 years ago today, the following words were uttered by one of baseball's all-time greats :

“Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about a bad break I got. Yet today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.” ---Lou Gehrig (July 4, 1939)

Happy 4th of July !!!!
    I have a 1938 Yankees team ball in my collection with Lou on the sweet spot.

I hate the Yankees but I cherish that ball….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

16. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-04-2022),wlf WV (07-04-2022)

***On this date in baseball history*** TRIVIA

123 years ago, today , July 4, 1899 , John McGraw became the first player to accomplish the steal cycle(stealing second, third, and home) in a single inning . He did it in the 4th inning for the Orioles(their last year in the National League) in Baltimore against the Boston Beaneaters.

Stealing second, third, and home in the same game is an extremely rare feat but stealing for the cycle in the same inning is beyond rare. In fact, it never happened a single time in the decade of the 30's, 40's, 50's 60's or '70's. It did happen twice in the decade of the 1980's , once in 1980 and once in 1984. Both of these occurrences happened against the Reds and both of the players who accomplished the feat have connections to the Reds.

By some stroke of genius, can you name both of these players who stole second, third, and home in the same inning ?
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 07-04-2022 at 08:51 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

I flipped over to the Mets broadcast, and they had an interesting but not surprising stat about our "pitching" staff. Only 4 teams have had both their starters ERA and relievers ERA be over 5.00 or more. Our other company are the 29 Phillies, 30 Phillies, and 99 Rockies. Thanks Bob, Phil, and Nick. Freaking clowns.

19. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-04-2022)

Topped that muffin all the way to Drury Lane!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

21. Likes:

texasdave (07-04-2022)

Congratulations to Brandon Drury on his career high 17th HR and for tying the game 3-3
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

23. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-04-2022)

Haunted by walks

***On this date in baseball history*** TRIVIA

123 years ago, today , July 4, 1899 , John McGraw became the first player to accomplish the steal cycle(stealing second, third, and home) in a single inning . He did it in the 4th inning for the Orioles(their last year in the National League) in Baltimore against the Boston Beaneaters.

Stealing second, third, and home in the same game is an extremely rare feat but stealing for the cycle in the same inning is beyond rare. In fact, it never happened a single time in the decade of the 30's, 40's, 50's 60's or '70's. It did happen twice in the decade of the 1980's , once in 1980 and once in 1984. Both of these occurrences happened against the Reds and both of the players who accomplished the feat have connections to the Reds.

By some stroke of genius, can you name both of these players who stole second, third, and home in the same inning ?
    Vince Coleman?

Turn Off Ads?