Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 7-8-22 Reds vs Rays 6:40

Re: 7-8-22 Reds vs Rays 6:40

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Who cares? Let's just celebrate we won on a balk and we've won 1 fluke world series championship in almost 50 years becasuse we're a cheap city.
    There was nothing fluke about the 1990 championship. The best team in the league won the title. Nothing wrong with being happy with any win. Jmo.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-08-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Especially since Nick apparently had never bunted in a MLB game. It’s one of those successful moves that you say, “Oh no, Oh yes”

- - - Updated - - -

Ron, I had it in October. No symptoms. Fully vaccinated. Hang in there.
    I had symptoms all three times I had it. Pretty much felt like absolute crap for a day and a half each time. Couldn't make myself get up off the couch. The last time(Omicron) was the only time I was a little scared. Had trouble breathing one night. Thought about going to the emergency room but started breathing better in an hour or so. It's nothing to take lightly, especially if you have any underlying issues.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

5. Likes:

wlf WV (07-09-2022),WVRedsFan (07-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Kevin Cash said the ump told him Wisler flinched.

LeCure is saying he didn’t see a flinch, but he’s always going to defend the pitcher, lol.
    All he did was move his glove. That's not a balk in my book and I sure don't think you can end a game like that...of course I do like winning and I'll take it

7. Likes:

wlf WV (07-09-2022)

Can you imagine what it would be like in New York next week and the Yankees lost to the Reds on two calls like that in the 10th?

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Can you imagine what it would be like in New York next week and the Yankees lost to the Reds on two calls like that in the 10th?
    Would the Reds get those two call against the Yanks in NewYork?
    ---- Bill Vaughn

10. Likes:

wlf WV (07-09-2022)

Only 23rd "balk off" in baseball history. There's never been a walk off balk in a post-season game .
    ---- Bill Vaughn

12. Likes:

0-2 Count (07-09-2022),cumberlandreds (07-09-2022)

He moved his glove so hard that his left shoulder turned slightly. It was a balk because the guy with authority saw it and called it. Nobody else's opinion means squat.

This video provides an explanation of what the umpire saw.

https://twitter.com/dannah__montana/...BnOSCWjwe6wI3A

Every pitch starts with him moving the glove to his center (as seen in these three pitches—albeit from rough timing/cuts), but that one he moved it back. He deviated from his normal stretch/delivery process.
    This is Chris Walsh’s explanation which is similar:

I watched this @Reds @RaysBaseball game ending balk. It appears that Wisler moved his glove to encourage the catcher to go through the signs again, but this movement also indicates the start of his motion to the stretch position. If he stops at that point, it is a balk. Game over
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

It's a judgement call, I'm glad it went our way, but I didn't think it was enough to warrant a balk.
    May the Lord bless

I was happy for the Reds win first off. But these balk call are usually very chincy. What he did did not affect the play. By the book I suppose it is a balk. But in the spirit of the game it should not have been called. The penalty for a balk maybe should be looked at? Giving all the runners a base may be too much. Maybe just adding a ball to the count would be enough? But I guarantee you nothing will be done until a big name team like the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers has a big game affected by it.
    One year back the 80's they tried to enforce the pitcher making a complete stop in the stretch position. It was crazy at how much this was called and disrupted play nearly every game. This was when Balkin' Bob Davidson got his name. When he doing a game you knew there would multiple balk calls. It was truly crazy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?