Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Larry Storch

RIP Larry Storch

Taps at age 99. F Troop for those < 65.

Storch
    Last edited by jimbroznan; 07-08-2022 at 06:35 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: RIP Larry Strch

Got a heart palpitation seeing this thread title.

One of the original Ghostbusters, along with Forrest Tucker and a gorilla.

Last edited by marcshoe; 07-08-2022 at 11:23 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

5. Likes:

M2 (07-09-2022)

He was good comedic character actor. When you watch the old reruns from the 70's and 80's he shows up in a lot of stuff. RIP Larry Storch.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

marcshoe (07-09-2022),Roy Tucker (07-09-2022)

Re: RIP Larry Storch

I loved F Troop as a kid. Watching it as an adult, I prefer to view it as very silly satire.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I loved F Troop as a kid. Watching it as an adult, I prefer to view it as very silly satire.

Just like Hogans Heroes. Let’s make concentration camps Campy and Nazis fun!

The actor who played Klink was German. Would only play him if he was allowed to make him a clueless buffoon.

10. Likes:

Chip R (07-11-2022),marcshoe (07-11-2022)

Voice of Cool Cat

And the ever patient Phineas J. Whoopee

12. Likes:

marcshoe (07-11-2022),RFS62 (07-21-2022),Roy Tucker (07-11-2022)

Storch also played in a couple of episodes of one of my favorite sitcoms, Gomer Pyle USMC. He played Gen. Manuel Cortez.

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Totally random fact: Storch was the first person to imitate Cary Grant by saying “Judy, Judy, Judy”. As the story goes, he was doing his standup act at a club in Miami Beach, and while he was doing his Cary Grant impression, Judy Garland walked in. Without missing a beat, still in character as Cary Grant, he said, “Judy, Judy, Judy…I love you, I love you, I love you”. The crowd loved it, and he kept it in his act. Eventually it became the cliche way of impersonating Cary Grant for everyone; I remember Goober on “Andy Griffith” doing his own, very bad version of it.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

15. Likes:

Chip R (07-11-2022),cumberlandreds (07-11-2022),M2 (07-10-2022),marcshoe (07-11-2022),moewan (07-11-2022),Roy Tucker (07-11-2022),westofyou (07-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Just like Hogans Heroes. Let’s make concentration camps Campy and Nazis fun!

The actor who played Klink was German. Would only play him if he was allowed to make him a clueless buffoon.
    Klink, Schulz, and Burkhalter were all Jewish, I believe. HH was underrated. Gene Reynolds, one of the guys behind MASH, directed a ton of episodes. I was always surprised that many of the plots ended with Nazi's being killed, something kind of unusual for a half-hour comedy.

17. Likes:

Chip R (07-11-2022),cumberlandreds (07-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Klink, Schulz, and Burkhalter were all Jewish, I believe. HH was underrated. Gene Reynolds, one of the guys behind MASH, directed a ton of episodes. I was always surprised that many of the plots ended with Nazi's being killed, something kind of unusual for a half-hour comedy.
    And Robert Clary who played LeBeau was a survivor of Buchenwald concentration camp

19. Likes:

Chip R (07-14-2022),cumberlandreds (07-12-2022),marcshoe (07-11-2022),RFS62 (07-21-2022),westofyou (07-11-2022)

Turn Off Ads?