Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fostering

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Fostering

Does anybody here have experience as foster parents who would be willing to share their experience? My wife and I have our home open as of a couple weeks ago, and it’d be cool to get some advice or stories or whatever. We got our first call yesterday, and I kind of panicked and we turned it down, realizing I probably have some more mental preparation to do. For reference, we don’t have any kids of our own, so this would be a first child situation.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fostering

Doesn’t seem that anyone here has gone through this, but as an update, we took in an 8-month-old girl in December and it’s been an amazing experience. If somebody down the line finds this thread, I’d be happy to chat.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-27-2023),cumberlandreds (04-28-2023),dabvu2498 (04-30-2023),Fil3232 (05-30-2023),goreds2 (04-28-2023),moewan (04-28-2023),Slyder (05-10-2023),SunDeck (05-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Doesn’t seem that anyone here has gone through this, but as an update, we took in an 8-month-old girl in December and it’s been an amazing experience. If somebody down the line finds this thread, I’d be happy to chat.
    This should be on the awesomeness only thread. I admire that you have taken on the responsibility to care for this little person, for however long it takes. You are a hero.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-04-2023),Fil3232 (05-30-2023),goreds2 (05-04-2023),WildcatFan (05-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    This should be on the awesomeness only thread. I admire that you have taken on the responsibility to care for this little person, for however long it takes. You are a hero.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    That’s very sweet, but we’ve been fortunate to have had the most perfect little girl show up on our doorstep, and we feel very selfish for how attached we’ve become to her. No updates in nearly 6 months on what her future holds, but it’s honestly been the best experience of my life.

The uncertainty is brutal. If anyone is considering this path, that’s the main thing I’d take under consideration.

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-31-2023),Fil3232 (05-30-2023),goreds2 (06-02-2023),SunDeck (05-31-2023),wolfboy (05-31-2023)

Turn Off Ads?