Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-10-22 Reds vs Rays 1:40

Re: 7-10-22 Reds vs Rays 1:40

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sal View Post
    They are off tomorrow, no?
    Yeah, but I don’t think that’s what Bell meant. I think he meant Senzel should take a game off. Reds like to combine the two and give the player a couple of days to rest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Just curious are you left handed? I am. And I agree with you. This is the least amount of LHH the Reds have had in years.
    Always give me a LHH over a RHH is both players are equal talent. That's a given due to the low amount of LHP.
    I’m not left handed. But I do believe they are important in a lineup that, like most, usually faces righty pitching. It’s usually an advantage to have good opposite handed hitters in the lineup against most pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Reds announcers you don't need to push Drury for the all star game. He is a lock to go to it. After all they have to take a player from each team.
    Since Stephenson lost so much time. Who else would they take off the roster ? Nobody of course.
    Castillo??
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sadak is like a casual fan. Routine fly to LF by India. Casual Reds fans in the stands cheer as ball leaves the bat. Sadak gets excited.
    Hard-core baseball fans don't make a sound in the stands. As they know it's just a fly out.

Reds go down 1-2-3 in the first

Did Lodolo even have time to sit down in the dugout before that inning was over?

****"BALK OFF" BASEBALL****

Friday's game ended in a "balk off" win for the Redlegs, only the 23rd time it has ever happened in modern baseball history. The only other time the Reds won in "balk off" fashion was on April 28, 1965 when Ernie Broglio of the Cubs balked in Tommy Harper of the Reds at Crosley Field. I remember it well. Actually, I'm kidding. I was 2 years old. All I remember from 1965 is getting electrocuted while trying to stick a fork in an electrical outlet. It burnt like hell and I cried and cried. Probably what Broglio felt like doing after balking home Harper for the winning freebie.

Broglio, sorry. Had Biggio on my brain.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 07-10-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Castillo??
    Who knows the Reds may end up with Stephenson. Drury and Castillo. With so many opting out of all star games these days. Plus they sit out of it with even the slightest of injuries. But one thing is for sure. Should the Reds just get one player. It's going to be Drury.

Nice play by Reynolds

Quick 1-2-3 inning

14. Likes:

NC Reds (07-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Quick 1-2-3 inning
    This has a chance to be a real quick game with both these teams running out early spring training type offenses. At least until the bullpens get involved.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

These teams are in a hurry to start their off day tomorrow.

17. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-10-2022)

Stephenson singles to right

Solano singles to left. 1st and 2nd

Turn Off Ads?