Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Streaming NBA games?

Streaming NBA games?

I'm thinking about dumping cable after baseball season is over.
    I am trying out a Firestick.
    Is there some way to stream NBA games? I assume there is, but do they have the crazy blackout rules that MLB has?
    I have no problem paying for the BallySports app, if the freaking thing would actually work.
    i have cable now, have not been able to log into the app consistently.. fails more often than not. (This is on a laptop, using my cable id log in, which used to work last year.)
    I guess I will try again towards the end of the season, maybe it will be fixed by then.

So basically, I want a way to see the Cavs without cable, and I am willing to pay for it.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Streaming NBA games?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm thinking about dumping cable after baseball season is over.
    I am trying out a Firestick.
    Is there some way to stream NBA games? I assume there is, but do they have the crazy blackout rules that MLB has?
    I have no problem paying for the BallySports app, if the freaking thing would actually work.
    i have cable now, have not been able to log into the app consistently.. fails more often than not. (This is on a laptop, using my cable id log in, which used to work last year.)
    I guess I will try again towards the end of the season, maybe it will be fixed by then.

So basically, I want a way to see the Cavs without cable, and I am willing to pay for it.
    Here's a link to find out who is black out in your area. I don't think the NBA is nearly as bad as MLB.

https://support.watch.nba.com/hc/en-...1154-Blackouts
    Reds Fan Since 1971

4. Likes:

REDREAD (07-11-2022)

I don’t think Cavs games are on Ballys yet, but sounds like they should be sometime this season.

I have used League Pass with a VPN on my iPad and it works fine. If you live in Ohio and just use league pass without a VPN it will be blacked out. You can watch replays of games on league pass though.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (07-11-2022)

Thanks guys, looks like I'm blacked out for the Cavs
    I guess I will wait and see on the Cavs on Bally AND if their app is fixed by then
    Worst case, I guess I will join you VPNers...
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Thanks guys, looks like I'm blacked out for the Cavs
    I guess I will wait and see on the Cavs on Bally AND if their app is fixed by then
    Worst case, I guess I will join you VPNers...
    The VPN thing really isn’t too bad and I’ve started to prefer watching games on my iPad. Admittedly it does take a little getting used to and there are still times when I wish I could just turn on the TV.

It’s still wild to me that I can basically watch any team, play any sport all over the world, but watching the teams that play 10 miles from my house requires all sorts of hoops to jump through.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (07-12-2022)

Turn Off Ads?