Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: 7-14-22 Reds @ Yankees 7:05

Re: 7-14-22 Reds @ Yankees 7:05

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Who cares about "sports" ? I just want Yankee fans to feel bad.
    That is a good life goal

2. Likes:

Mutaman (07-14-2022),RedScot (07-15-2022),Wonderful Monds (07-15-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I watched the whole game tonight. Castillo was the draw, but the game was fun all the way.

5. Likes:

Fil3232 (07-14-2022),goreds2 (07-15-2022)

43 pages tonight, 32 last night…I suppose being competitive against the mighty Yanks holds interest.

We don’t ask for much, just don’t be historically awful

Luis Castillo is another Mario Soto, a pitcher I will and have paid to watch multiple times. Despite being on bad teams. Jose Rijo, Tom Browning OTOH were World Champions!

Probably the highlight of the season will be winning this series. It's always nice to beat the top dogs in your sport. I'm sure the Yankees were sleep walking through these last games before the all star break. But it doesn't matter, its still a series win for the Reds,
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I have the formula for a Reds win...I watch most of the game, get disgusted with the way the game is going, go watch one of my shows, team wins...last night it was the Blacklist bringing it on home, stopped watching after we batted in the 9th.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It's always nice to beat the top dogs in your sport. I'm sure the Yankees were sleep walking through these last games before the all star break. But it doesn't matter, its still a series win for the Reds,
    I have to disagree with this observation. Watching every pitch of this series it was clear to see the Yankees were trying every bit as hard to win as the Reds were.

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I have to disagree with this observation. Watching every pitch of this series it was clear to see the Yankees were trying every bit as hard to win as the Reds were.
    They could have used their A-list relievers last night instead of Loaisiga and Luetge, in a tight game no less. The first two games they put it all out there. A team that good comes to play every day, though everyone has off-days.
    Last edited by cobike; 07-15-2022 at 10:02 AM.

“Tough losses, but we fought back always,” said Aaron Judge, who hit his Major League-leading 31st homer in the defeat. “I wish we could have scored a little bit more runs early, especially tonight, but they’ve got a good ballclub over there and they battled. Their record may show something different, but they’ve got a lot of good ballplayers over there.”
    https://www.mlb.com/news/aaron-judge...n-yankees-loss
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cobike View Post
    They could have used their A-list relievers last night instead of Loaisiga and Luetge, in a tight game no less. The first two games they put it all out there. A team that good comes to play every day, though everyone has off-days.
    This is precisely why they did not use their a-list relievers, though.

They used Holmes in the first 2 games.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is precisely why they did not use their a-list relievers, though.

They used Holmes in the first 2 games.
    Abreu was used in the last 2 games. I don't know if he's one of their A-listers, but he was impressive.

This is gonna sound odd to people who just look at our record but I really, really like this team (in this respect)---they keep plugging away trying to win, no matter what the score or situation. Whether they get down early or whether they get a lead and the bullpen blows it, they seem to have the collective mindset of let's keep playing the game until the final out and see what happens. Their resolve to keep playing and to never quit is pretty engraciating . We are coming upon the dog days of summer and it would be easy for a team headed for 90+ losses to just go through the motions of losing games , as most expect them to do. But this team seems to think they are better than their record and their goal is still to win baseball games.

Last night, Kyle Farmer, when asked about this series, said "no one can ever take this away from us." That tells me they are still looking for positive achievements they can take away from an otherwise disappointing season. I know some people don't like Pham but I look at him this way, he does play hard and has a competitive edge to him. I think that rubs off on some of the others and I think they like Pham. I was watching the post game show last night and Castillo was wearing a T-shirt(don't remember exactly what it said but it was something like "Let's Go Pham! ) . Anyway, the shirt had "Pham" on it. I will remember this team as one that played hard to win until the game was over. And for a team that has a lot of issues with its roster(thanks ownership) , can you really ask for much more?

I do wish our team was more fundamentally sound but it seems like decades since a Reds' team has had a good fundamentally sound approach to its hitting, fielding, and base running. I just think the biggest positive of this team is that they don't quit and they try to win the game up until the final out is made. For that reason alone, I think they are worth watching and rooting for. The owners wouldn't shell out the money for better talent. I don't blame these players for not being all that good. At least these players care. And if they care, I'm gonna care too.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 07-15-2022 at 02:29 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

19. Likes:

goreds2 (07-15-2022)

Turn Off Ads?