Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 7-16-22 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15

Re: 7-16-22 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I agree. These young pitchers are gonna pitch like Dickens- sometimes it'll the best of times; sometimes it'll be the worst of times.
    And speaking of Dickens, when I shut off the game today, I thought “It is a far, far better thing I do now, than I have ever done.”

2. Likes:

Banshee (07-16-2022),Ky Fried Redleg (07-16-2022),Red Raindog (07-16-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The highs from the Yankees series have been quickly replaced by the lows of this one.
    The Reds put on a good show in NY. Now against division rival StL, they revert to the Last Place Reds.

5. Likes:

Banshee (07-16-2022),Redsfan6272 (07-16-2022)

Pretty sad to see Pujols in his “I should have retired years ago, but StL gave me $2.5M for a farewell tour”, have identical results as our $25M cleanup hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

7. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-16-2022)

The other thing about today's game that isn't apparent: at first pitch, it was 99 degrees, and currently is 100 degrees. That is a general temperature; likely hotter on the field under direct sun.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Making that an error on Votto and not Reynolds is nuts.

10. Likes:

mbgrayson (07-16-2022)

Haunted by walks

The problem with this team is that it lacks any daisicals.

12. Likes:

Banshee (07-16-2022)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Mark Reynolds is starting to remember that he’s Mark Reynolds.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

14. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-16-2022)

Wow, that Strickland is some pitcher
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

They are going to have to sign some recently released pitchers. Ones who have their arm strength buildt up. In order to finish the season out.
    Folks I said this during the winning streak they put together. This is 100 plus loss team.
    Without Castillo and Mahle and Greene. August and September is really going to get ugly
    Don't worry though. I'm sure one of the scrub pitchers will have a couple good outings against Pittsburgh. Like Sanmartin did last September and immediately to named to the 2023 starting rotation.
    Glad I was able to find something productive to do for about 90 minutes or so. I turned off this garbage game and took a nap and I've not turned it back on. Checked boxscore. Only shocker is that Schrock hasn't pitched yet
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 07-16-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sal View Post
    He is Director of Pitching. I wonder what you have to do to get that.
    Well better than being the Director of Reds Propaganda

Sadly (or pathetically), I did a scorecard for this game so naturally the StL side looks like a coloring book, while the Reds side appears completely ignored

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    They are going to have to sign some recently released pitchers. Ones who have their arm strength buildt up. In order to finish the season out.
    Folks I said this during the winning streak they put together. This is 100 plus loss team.
    Without Castillo and Mahle and Greene. August and September is really going to get ugly
    Don't worry though. I'm sure one of the scrub pitchers will have a couple good outings against Pittsburgh. Like Sanmartin did last September and immediately to named to the 2023 starting rotation.
    Glad I was able to find something productive to do for about 90 minutes or so. I turned off this garbage game and took a nap and I've not turned it back on. Checked boxscore. Only shocker is that Schrock hasn't pitched yet
    Back int he mid 2000's the Nationals fired their bullpen twice. After the 2nd time they cleaned house they picked up a bunch of dumpster veterans. They actually did fairly well because they at least knew how to pitch. Reds should do the same and just pick up a few vets out of the dumpster and see what happens. It couldn't be a lot worse than they have now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Back int he mid 2000's the Nationals fired their bullpen twice. After the 2nd time they cleaned house they picked up a bunch of dumpster veterans. They actually did fairly well because they at least knew how to pitch. Reds should do the same and just pick up a few vets out of the dumpster and see what happens. It couldn't be a lot worse than they have now.
    Exactly. You know what you have with these guys. They're just going to keep doing this same thing for the rest of the season.

Keep Diaz. Maybe another one. And replace the rest to see what could happen.

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Exactly. You know what you have with these guys. They're just going to keep doing this same thing for the rest of the season.

Keep Diaz. Maybe another one. And replace the rest to see what could happen.
    Yes, keep Diaz. Maybe Hoffman and Detwiler. But waive or send to the minors the rest.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?