Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3B Cam Collier

3B Cam Collier

Absolutely love this pick. Feel free to post scouting reports and news on our 2022 first round pick here.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3B Cam Collier

He was born November 2004. I joined this forum December 2004…

I am old.

He is quite young.

On the whole, that's crazy that someone born after this forum existed is a draftee of the team...
    Last edited by membengal; 07-18-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

4. Likes:

757690 (07-18-2022),Assembly Hall (07-26-2022),CySeymour (07-19-2022),Redsfaithful (07-26-2022),RedTeamGo! (07-18-2022),WrongVerb (07-17-2022)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ds-at-pick-18/

The Reds have selected Collier with the 18th overall pick in the 2022 first-year player draft.

The youngest hitter in the draft (turns 18 in November), Collier took the road less traveled en route to solidifying himself as a first-round pick. He reclassified from the 2023 class and played junior college ball at Chipola before a brief stint in the Cape Cod League. Collier hit .333/.419/.537 with eight home runs, a 15.3 K% and an 11.6 BB% in 52 games for Chipola and logged a .379 OBP in nine games on the Cape. His advanced approach is what really stands out, given his youth, and at 6-foot-1, 219 pounds, he figures to grow into substantial game power. A lefty-hitting third baseman, he has all the tools to stick there as long as he doesn't outgrow the position, which is a possibility.

I scrolled through the Draft Day thread and couldn't find an answer. What is the Cliff Notes version of why he lasted until pick 18?

Not surprisingly, Keith Law loved (his word) the pick as he was #2 on his big board.

https://theathletic.com/3429773/2022...mpaign=4667088

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I scrolled through the Draft Day thread and couldn't find an answer. What is the Cliff Notes version of why he lasted until pick 18?
    reds probably promised him well over slot value.

10. Likes:

757690 (07-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Not sure anyone has a great answer to this. A lot of good bats, especially college bats this year. Maybe teams just don't want the development time of a 17 year old to reach the big leagues for a top draft spot?

I have to believe this is one the Reds didn't prepare for falling to 18.

I though Jung was going to be the guy who slipped to the Reds, but I'll gladly take Collier. So where does Collier rank in the Reds system? I would have him in the 3-5 range as I'm not crazy about anyone after Elly and McLain.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I though Jung was going to be the guy who slipped to the Reds, but I'll gladly take Collier. So where does Collier rank in the Reds system? I would have him in the 3-5 range as I'm not crazy about anyone after Elly and McLain.
    I think Collier will be number 2 behind EDLC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Krivsky View Post
    Not sure anyone has a great answer to this. A lot of good bats, especially college bats this year. Maybe teams just don't want the development time of a 17 year old to reach the big leagues for a top draft spot?

Rumors reds promised him well over slot, he told teams interested what his $$$ ask was and they said no and let him slip to Reds.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

757690 (07-18-2022),OesterPoster (07-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Krivsky View Post

i think the answer is very simple. the reds promised to pay him well over slot, and collier informed teams he would not sign for a penny less than whatever the reds were offering (my guess is $5M, which is about $1.4M over slot). we shall find out eventually.

Collier holds his hands a little lower, but the swings kind of reminds me of Carlos Delgado.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    So where does Collier rank in the Reds system?
    2nd or third.

I've got Elly De La Cruz first, Connor Phillips second, Collier third right now.

(Abbott, McLain, Allen, Williamson have all underwhelmed at least part of the season.)

Curious about the early development plan for Collier. Not sure how all this works now with the later draft date and no more rookie leagues. Does he stay in AZ the rest of the year or is there a chance we see him in Daytona later?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Curious about the early development plan for Collier. Not sure how all this works now with the later draft date and no more rookie leagues. Does he stay in AZ the rest of the year or is there a chance we see him in Daytona later?
    He's precociously young, but most first rounders tend to play in A Ball their first season. I'd guess that's what he does too.

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-18-2022)

Turn Off Ads?