Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3B Cam Collier

Re: 3B Cam Collier

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's fair. Saying he's maxed out physically is the extreme of the above. That scouting report didn't exactly say that he's maxed out
    Exactly! Saying he probably doesn’t have as much room to grow physically isn’t the same as saying he’s maxed out. No professional athlete is maxed out at age 17.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (08-19-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

2-2 with a double and two walks today for Collier. Doesn't seem like the Arizona Complex League is much of a challenge for him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

icehole3 (08-21-2022),ochoa30 (08-20-2022),Old school 1983 (08-20-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-20-2022),RiverRat13 (08-20-2022),Tuff Nut (08-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    2-2 with a double and two walks today for Collier. Doesn't seem like the Arizona Complex League is much of a challenge for him.
    Would be nice to see Collier get a bump up to Daytona for the rest of the season.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-20-2022),Tuff Nut (08-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Would be nice to see Collier get a bump up to Daytona for the rest of the season.
    If he gets promoted and hits, I could see the argument for making him the second-best prospect in the system.

9. Likes:

Marc D (08-21-2022),Old school 1983 (08-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If he gets promoted and hits, I could see the argument for making him the second-best prospect in the system.
    I could get on board with that.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-20-2022)

I don’t think you can push him past both De La Cruz and Marte no matter what happens the rest of the season.

I think Doug beat you to it.

https://www.redsminorleagues.com/202...rospects-list/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I don’t think you can push him past both De La Cruz and Marte no matter what happens the rest of the season.
    See above post.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Outside of De La Cruz I think Collier is the best chance we have at having a phenom type player in the system. I expect the average and OBP to be there for Cam, but if the power is there as well he could be a special hitter. I also expect him to be at least a solid defender at third maybe ever plus.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Outside of De La Cruz I think Collier is the best chance we have at having a phenom type player in the system.
    Lots of young guys being challenged currently in the Red system.

Hector Rodriguez, Connor Phillips, EDLC, Chase Petty, Jay Allen, many more-- quite young for their level.

Wonder why the change there this season?

Lots of young guys being challenged currently in the Red system.

Hector Rodriguez, Connor Phillips, EDLC, Chase Petty, Jay Allen, many more-- quite young for their level.

Wonder why the change there this season?
    Probably because if all of them were at “normal” age-appropriate levels, there would not be enough playing time to go around. The loss of two rookie level teams a couple seasons ago are forcing all teams to push players.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-23-2022)

Idk, even thought Collier is crushing the ball there is one stat that isn’t perfect therefore he’s the second coming of Wily Mo Pena
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Idk, even thought Collier is crushing the ball there is one stat that isn’t perfect therefore he’s the second coming of Wily Mo Pena
    Wily Mo is probably not a great comp. He had off the chart physical tools he could not tap into because the hit tool never materialized. Collier the hit tool is the calling card. The big question is really around what the upside is in the other areas specifically power

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Wily Mo is probably not a great comp. He had off the chart physical tools he could not tap into because the hit tool never materialized. Collier the hit tool is the calling card. The big question is really around what the upside is in the other areas specifically power
    I was being very sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    I think Doug beat you to it.

https://www.redsminorleagues.com/202...rospects-list/

- - - Updated - - -

See above post.
    Okay … probably phrased it incorrectly, but I personally can’t push Collier ahead of Marte or De La Cruz this year. If Doug wants to do that … whatever. In my mind, there’s simply not enough data to move a new draftee past two guys who have pedigree and have each posted elite results for a couple of years while being young for their respective levels. I need at least a half season’s worth of data in full season ball to leap frog guys who are top 20ish prospects in all of baseball.

With all that said, I like Collier. Loved the pick and very excited to see what he can do.
    Last edited by Alpha Zero; 08-22-2022 at 09:06 AM.

22. Likes:

Sea Ray (08-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Okay … probably phrased it incorrectly, but I personally can’t push Collier ahead of Marte or De La Cruz this year. If Doug wants to do that … whatever. In my mind, there’s simply not enough data to move a new draftee past two guys who have pedigree and have each posted elite results for a couple of years while being young for their respective levels. I need at least a half season’s worth of data in full season ball to leap frog guys who are top 20ish prospects in all of baseball.

With all that said, I like Collier. Loved the pick and very excited to see what he can do.
    I completely agree with your points here, however, I do not think EDLC does have pedigree. He signed for next to nothing out of the DR and exploded like 15 months ago. Collier has way more pedigree than EDLC.

Turn Off Ads?