Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3B Cam Collier

Re: 3B Cam Collier

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    When you're 6'2" and 220 lbs. and only 17 years-old, I'm not sure how much more physical projection you need.
    My point at the very beginning of all this. Why are we talking about projection like it’s necessary or good? There’s lots of great power hitters smaller than Collier is right now. How gargantuan do we need him to project to be??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Collier could easily grow another 3 inches and 20 lbs of muscle. He is 17.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Collier could easily grow another 3 inches and 20 lbs of muscle. He is 17.
    I mean, he's already 2 inches and like 40 pounds heavier than his dad, so...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

6. Likes:

757690 (08-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Unconfirmed reports that this is Collier's mother:

Would-be experts insist he could grow to 7'3", 500 lbs. These are reports of what he might look like at age 70:

What do we know about the mom?

A 17 year old athlete is going to get stronger. He just will.

To sum up my thoughts on the Collier physical potential... Bourgois Zee provided two sources that are saying that Collier has advanced physical development for his age because he had an aggressive father guiding him. They use that fact to conclude that his future potential is more limited than the typical prospect. In one light I can agree, but in another i totally disagree.

First, if you take one prospect that has never really trained much physically, of course his potential for rapid growth is higher than someone who has undergone significant training already. The untrained can get from 15%-90% physical peak, an overall increase of 500%, as fast as the trained can get from 85%-95% peak (an increase of what... 15%?). However...

You see this as a potential negative and I see it as a potential positive. Physical development matters less in Baseball than many other sports... I would argue that muscle memory and pitch recognition are both more important for hitting. Collier may be a guy that hits peak physical status son if not already... but that does not mean he will decline any sooner. What it does mean is that for the next decade, while his peers are continually adapting to their ever-changing bodies, he will have a consistent physical base to work with and instead be able to focus entirely on the other two skills. He already possesses sufficient physical capability to hit 30 homeruns a year as you have said... add in some better muscle memory and pitch recognition and i still see just as much potential for performance growth as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    What do we know about the mom?

A 17 year old athlete is going to get stronger. He just will.
    https://sportblis.com/cam-collier-fa...end-and-facts/

I guess she is an amazing hair stylist.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Read. What. I. Said.

Not what you think I might have said.
    L. O. L.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Unconfirmed reports that this is Collier's mother:

Would-be experts insist he could grow to 7'3", 500 lbs. These are reports of what he might look like at age 70:
    Yes, 6’5” 240 is just insane!

The point is speaking in anything resembling absolutes with a 17 year old is just silly.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yes, 6’5” 240 is just insane!

The point is speaking in anything resembling absolutes with a 17 year old is just silly.
    Good thing I didn't speak in absolutes, then.

https://sportblis.com/cam-collier-fa...end-and-facts/

I guess she is an amazing hair stylist.
    Such an awkward article imo. This part made me feel weird:
    Cam Collier Girlfriend:

When it comes to relationship matters, Collier is no different from Druw Jones. All he has ever thought about is excelling beyond the fame his father once had in baseball.

This has got Collier focused on advancing his baseball prowess with no time to spare for any relationship commitment. Hence, Cam Collier has no girlfriend before entering the 2022 Draft.

Along the line of his career, we know he will eventually meet the right person whom he will be willing to take on the world on her behalf. We hope that time comes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That is so weird.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-19-2022)

I walked into my Freshman year (Just turned 14) as a 5'8" 210 pound left guard. The coaches were pretty excited about me, and I played all three games most weeks (Freshman/JV/Varsity). I'm guessing I didn't end up developing physically like they hoped. I graduated (17) as an undersized 5'8" 170 pound inside linebacker, and I'm still the same height today. My frame was pretty much maxed out when I turned 14.

Point being, we all develop differently to Zee's point. Even if his frame is set, like some have mentioned he can still get stronger due to a good program. The minor leagues aren't known for being great at those sort of things though, but that's probably a conversation for a different time. If he only is a 25-30 homerun guy, I guess we'll have have to live with that.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Nevermind. I thought it was somethong the Colliers would have set up/curated. Turns out it's just a very strange website.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-19-2022 at 08:18 AM.

19. Likes:

camisadelgolf (08-22-2022)

less physical projection than the typical teenager.
    That's fair. Saying he's maxed out physically is the extreme of the above. That scouting report didn't exactly say that he's maxed out

Turn Off Ads?