Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3B Cam Collier

Re: 3B Cam Collier

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'd love to see them be aggressive in moving Collier through the system. Target late 2024 for his debut.
    That seems way too aggressive. The guy isn’t even 18 yet. Late 2025 is probably a better bet.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    That seems way too aggressive. The guy isn’t even 18 yet. Late 2025 is probably a better bet.
    2026 or 2027 is more like it.

Have to assume there's an injury along the way sometime over his first five years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Start him in Daytona and push him to Dayton next year if he hits. There is only about a month left in the season.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (07-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Start him in Daytona and push him to Dayton next year if he hits. There is only about a month left in the season.
    If you start him in Dayton and he hits, he can then move to AA at 18.

If he doesn't hit, let him play the season with the Dragons.

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-25-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Normally I'd agree with you. However, Collier's dad was a major leaguer, and Collier volunteered to compete against much older competition and held his own. That combination means he's baseball mature. And in the majors at 19 is something that happens from time to time. That all said, it will be performance and injuries that determine how fast he moves.

Love the idea of a 2-3-4 of EDLC-Collier-Dominguez hitting in GABP.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

Rowsdower (07-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    I’d personally put him #2 in the farm behind EDLC
    I wouldn't rank any prospect until he plays but he is a very exciting guy to follow

Players at 19 or 20 in the majors usually turn out to be super stars. Ronald Acunia, Johnny Bench, Tom Seaver, Mays, Andrew Jones.

One thing Reds (sometimes) understand is winning the bidding on a lower priced asset.

Aroldis Chapman was the prototype. There have been others.

Cam doesn’t cost nearly big time free agent money. But Reds willingness to pay him well over slot is a good approach.

I wish there were more opportunities like this.

13. Likes:

Benihana (07-26-2022),Bourgeois Zee (07-26-2022),lollipopcurve (07-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    One thing Reds (sometimes) understand is winning the bidding on a lower priced asset.

Aroldis Chapman was the prototype. There have been others.

Cam doesn’t cost nearly big time free agent money. But Reds willingness to pay him well over slot is a good approach.

I wish there were more opportunities like this.
    It’s extremely early, but I am keeping my eyes on a couple of recent international signings, Yerlin Confidan and Ariel Almonte. Both have along way to go, but there could be some big time talent between the two. Hopefully we might see them at Daytona next year.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

15. Likes:

Kc61 (07-26-2022)

Several promising hitters on that Arizona team that are roughly the same age as Collier. I’d send him there and let him assimilate with those kids. If he outhits them and earns a promotion to Daytona, that would be great . But I think it could be helpful for the Reds to see and evaluate that cohort of young hitters (which will include Stewart) playing together for now.

17. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-26-2022)

Is there a season for that team in Arizona? I know there's an Arizona Fall league but is there a rookie ball season for these teenagers we just drafted?

Devils advocate - if you want to move some tickets - just call him to GABP and start him on Friday lol. I’d end my embargo to see that (mostly kidding)
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Next year Cam plays A ball. 2024 he plays high minors. From All Star Break 2024 he’s on major league watch.

Whether he gets called up late 2024 or sometime in 2025 is hard to know. Will depend on how he handles older, upper minors competition.

21. Likes:

WrongVerb (07-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Devils advocate - if you want to move some tickets - just call him to GABP and start him on Friday lol. I’d end my embargo to see that (mostly kidding)
    Don't even joke about it. That's been this organization MO for 25 years.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is there a season for that team in Arizona? I know there's an Arizona Fall league but is there a rookie ball season for these teenagers we just drafted?
    Sure, there's Billings and Greeneville ... oh, wait ...

Idiot MLB owners

24. Likes:

CySeymour (07-26-2022)

Turn Off Ads?