Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 3B Cam Collier

Re: 3B Cam Collier

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    My bad apparently there's another Cam Collier from FL on the baseball-reference site that was born in 2002.
    You're absolutely right. They even link an article on our Cam Collier under player news:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=collie000cam

2. Likes:

SidneySlicker (08-09-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Collier went 0 for 3 with a walk in his debut yesterday.

https://www.redsminorleagues.com/202...august-8-2022/

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=collie001cam

Sal Stewart also 0-3 with a walk in his debut.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=stewar000sal

Probably too soon to declare the 2022 draft a bust as Justin Boyd went 2-3. GO Oregon State Baseball!
    Last edited by klw; 08-09-2022 at 03:14 PM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-09-2022),mth123 (08-09-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-09-2022)

Hit his 1st HR yesterday, and is now hitting .417 with a 1.230 OPS. Move him up to Daytona to finish the season.

7. Likes:

Benihana (08-14-2022),klw (08-15-2022),Old school 1983 (08-14-2022),wolfboy (08-15-2022)

Here is video of the homer. What a nice short effortless swing!
    https://twitter.com/ProspectsWorldW/...CgqaLA_KErAAAA
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-15-2022),RiverRat13 (08-15-2022),Tuff Nut (08-15-2022)

Cam doesn't look like a 17 year old at all. It's hard to even gauge his upside when he already looks so mature at the plate. I think he ends up as the best pure hitter in the organization in a few years.

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-15-2022),Sea Ray (08-15-2022),Tuff Nut (08-15-2022),WrongVerb (08-15-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I like how steady his head is. That's so, so important to hitting well. And it's already ingrained in him (likely by his dad).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

JCM11 (08-15-2022),Old school 1983 (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I like how steady his head is. That's so, so important to hitting well. And it's already ingrained in him (likely by his dad).
    Kid looks like he is 23 years old. I will be shocked if he isnt with the Reds before his 20th bday
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

BoxingRed (08-16-2022),WrongVerb (08-15-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Kid looks like he is 23 years old. I will be shocked if he isnt with the Reds before his 20th bday
    I'm rooting for it.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The only issue I have with that is that he's likely nearly topped out athletically. The only development he has left is probably just repetition.

I am trying to find the article that I read on draft day to link it, but one of the gurus loved the fact that Collier was still available to the Reds. The comment was made that it was not completely out of the question that Collier could actually arrive in late 2024.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    The only issue I have with that is that he's likely nearly topped out athletically. The only development he has left is probably just repetition.
    How is that possibly a bad thing in this case? The baseball prospect world must be the only place where being skinny and underdeveloped is a positive thing.

20. Likes:

HammerTime (08-16-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-16-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJ View Post
    How is that possibly a bad thing in this case? The baseball prospect world must be the only place where being skinny and underdeveloped is a positive thing.
    Largely because the power he has now is probably the power he has in total.

There's no there to dream on (aside from what he already shows).

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Largely because the power he has now is probably the power he has in total.

There's no there to dream on (aside from what he already shows).
    I know what it means. It just gets twisted to the point that “projectability” to someday have a kind of body type becomes weirdly superior to actually having the desired body type. Collier is very strong and has lots of power. The fact that he doesn’t have to build that from scratch has absolutely no downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJ View Post
    I know what it means. It just gets twisted to the point that “projectability” to someday have a kind of body type becomes weirdly superior to actually having the desired body type. Collier is very strong and has lots of power. The fact that he doesn’t have to build that from scratch has absolutely no downsides.
    Well, sure it does.

It means he's done growing. What you see is what you get. There's (likely) no more upside there.

His batting practice power is all the power he's going to have. Full top. Collier, filled out, is probably a solid HR threat. 25-30 at his peak. But that's all he'll ever be. (Which is still good.)

However, a guy like Elly De La Cruz-- even with his crazy tools-- hasn't scratched the surface of his body. He's a 30 HR guy now, but in the best of all worlds, he fills out and adds more. He goes from his current 30 to a FV of perhaps 50. (Or even more.)

FV isn't the end-all, be-all, but it's nice to know there might be more in the tank.

Albert Pujols was a 3B that was drafted out of Juco with a fully grown man’s body. While he was a bit older than Cam when drafted, the point still holds. He ended up a pretty awesome power hitter.
    Last edited by Benihana; 08-16-2022 at 04:05 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?