Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds draft picks signing status

Re: Reds draft picks signing status

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds.com reflects only 2 Reds draft picks remain unsigned. Picks 18 and 19.
    That's a solid job of adding/ signing talent. (The Reds do this every year, seemingly.) We know Neville's going to college. I wonder the deal with Chadwick.

2. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-27-2022),UKFlounder (07-27-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That's a solid job of adding/ signing talent. (The Reds do this every year, seemingly.) We know Neville's going to college. I wonder the deal with Chadwick.
    Yeah, the Reds REALLY need this. They also need an infusion of prospects from any trades.

Their farm was very strong but with Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, in the bigs, with Barrero slumping, the farm needs some able bodies.

This is a key moment from them IMO, and the draft is coming out well.

5. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-27-2022),Marc D (07-27-2022)

YES!

Really like Brutti's profile, especially as a late-round draftee. Big stuff. Big, projectable body. Cold weather guy. Two above average pitches.

https://www.mlb.com/video/2022-draft-ben-brutti-rhp
    Great news. I didn't think they had enough remaining pool. The Reds have shown that they take it slowly in developing young arms. The pitching pipeline looks good.

Reds.com reflects only 2 Reds draft picks remain unsigned. Picks 18 and 19.
    It's hard to understand why Tyler Chadwick hasn't signed. He was relieving in JC and would not seem to have a college commitment. Perhaps the Reds are not offering the full 125K.

seems like this was a killer draft for the reds. obviously, the proof will be in the pudding and we won't know for sure for several years, but i have a really good feeling about this draft class. two years in a row that i think the reds crushed it.

How high was Brutti ranked on some of the draft sights such as mlb.com, baseball america and baseball prospectus?

Quote Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    How high was Brutti ranked on some of the draft sights such as mlb.com, baseball america and baseball prospectus?
    http://https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=529993

Ranked 108 nationally according to this site.

Saw a short video on this site.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/video/202...hp?t=mlb-draft

Looks to have a violent delivery. He’s had some success, but needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by MikeS21; 07-27-2022 at 11:40 PM.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    Baseball America has him at 348, so drafting him at that spot seems about right. What I have read leads me to believe the Reds will leave him in Goodyear to work on his mechanics. He seems to have a first class arm with very little polish or consistency.

BTW, Tyler Chadwick is 431 on the same list.

12. Likes:

Rick Palmer (07-28-2022)

Yeah, the Reds REALLY need this. They also need an infusion of prospects from any trades.

Their farm was very strong but with Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, in the bigs, with Barrero slumping, the farm needs some able bodies.

This is a key moment from them IMO, and the draft is coming out well.
    Agreed.

The other issue is that Hendricks. Cerda. Now I forgot the other 2. Callihan? There one other who was hurt earlier and has been out. All but Callihan strike out even past acceptable levels without that great of production to off set for it. At this point anyways.

so the Reds were about what? 5% over their draft pool allotment? Do they get dinged for that?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    so the Reds were about what? 5% over their draft pool allotment? Do they get dinged for that?
    Pretty big tax payment, but they don't lose any draft picks.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-05-2022)

Ok then.. that is spending progress. Maybe a tiny step, but someone convinced ownership "we need these guys".
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I noticed that neither Victor Acosta nor any of the draft signings have been assigned to either Daytona or Goodyear. I guess it could just be they haven't updated in Acosta's case, but when it comes to the draft signees, do the have a grace period to assign them or for this season can they just work them out at the Goodyear complex without assignment?
    Last edited by corkedbat; 08-08-2022 at 05:54 AM.

My guess is they saved more than enough money for these signees by their trades made in the past week or so.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-10-2022)

Turn Off Ads?