Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 7-23-22 Reds vs Cardinals 6:40

Re: 7-23-22 Reds vs Cardinals 6:40

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    His off speed stuff looks nasty too.
    It is. Slider is just too good to go with that fast ball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I root for him but it's not easy. I hope they keep Solono and deal him. All I see is a Cardinals uniform when I see him. He plays hard. I'll give him that. But I don't think he is someone you want young players looking up to.
    Strip club stabbing, Fantasy Football slaps.
    I think I probably like him a bit more than you do. I do like that he plays his ass off. Hopefully that part rubs off on some of the younger guys. You're right, he definitely is a loose cannon and lives life on the edge, it seems. I may be wrong about this but I get the feeling most of his teammates really like him. I saw Castillo wearing a "Pham" T-shirt after the game in NY.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Ballgame.

Oh well, the beer was cold.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-23-2022),Ron Madden (07-23-2022)

Game over. Reds go down 6-3. No chance tonight with Minor on the mound. Mahle returns tomorrow. So they have shot at winning the series.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    3 hits for Solano tonight
    Like that guy a lot.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Man, I'd love to come back tomorrow and take the series from these guys

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-23-2022),Sea Ray (07-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    My senior year at Centerville HS. 1970.
    I was in second grade wondering why crayons didn't taste as good as they looked.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Billy has to be closing in on 10 years service time. I know he has been in the minors a lot last few years though. So not sure if he has 10 yet. Hope he gets it. With all his faults he sure was fun to watch. I'd rather see him than some of the OFers they have ran out their this year.
    He’s at 8.009 per baseball-reference

12. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-24-2022),Ron Madden (07-23-2022)

I don't fault them for the Moose signing. Who knew he would fall off the cliff?
    Minor on the other hand was probably the worst pickup I have ever saw in nearly 50 years of watching.
    Just DFA Garrett. Everyone knew Minor would bomb except the Reds.
    I mean, seriously, who looked at the guy and said, "that's just what we need in GABP." Stunning, really.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

14. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-24-2022),Monster Man (07-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Nice job by the Frenchman.
    Did he toss some of his Marie Leveau voodoo on the Cards? I think he pitched for Tulane back in the day.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I’m going to offer her $30 for the ball
    Let us know if she "Tommy Phammed " you .
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt

Albert Pujols is the last remaining active player to have played in Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field.

In 16 games there, he hit .379/.448/.603 with 4 HR and 14 RBI.

He's played in 10 parks that have been replaced by teams as well as Olympic Stadium in Montreal.

18. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-23-2022)

Update

Offered to buy ball from her (asked her mom for permission first)…mom said probably not but you can ask her. So I went down to her and her brother and asked if she’d be willing to buy? She smiled and said how much? I said $30, she said nope. I said how much would it take and she immediately smiled again and said $500….I smiled back and told her to enjoy her ball….passed mom again on way out and told her her daughter is a tough sell! She agreed.

I didn’t really want the ball but the story would’ve been cool.

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-24-2022),KeefeCato (07-24-2022)

Further update:

Was playing on FB and the video of HR was on Reds FB and her dad commented that she got the ball…a little FB stalking and they are a very baseball/softball rich family and her name is Maddux. Nice

Turn Off Ads?