Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Wally Cleaver

RIP Wally Cleaver

The older brother everyone wishes they had -77.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Wally Cleaver

Hate this. He and Mathers worked so well together on that show. You would often forget you were watching a show. It felt like you were just peeking in on two brothers going back and forth in the neighborhood down the street.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Had a friend who worked with a woman that went to HS with Tony. The episode where he has a shiner was written because someone popped him in school that week.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-26-2022)

Here's an obit for Tony Dow. These people will be forever young to all of us who can watch these show in reruns. I never really got into this show but I do know it was and still is highly popular. RIP Tony Dow.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/enter...bit/index.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-26-2022)

Hold up…he’s alive. (For now)

The statement reporting Tony's death that was posted on his official Facebook page Tuesday morning has now been removed. We spoke with Tony's manager who says Tony's wife, Lauren, who is very distraught, believed her husband was dead -- and told his management.
    We're now told he is still alive and breathing while in hospice care.
    https://amp.tmz.com/2022/07/26/leave...d-dies-cancer/

Reminds me of the final days of Tom Petty.

10. Likes:

Chip R (07-28-2022)

He's officially dead now. RIP Tony Dow. I noticed that we shared a birthdate, April 13th. He was 18 years older than I.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/tony-do...77-1235077948/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

12. Likes:

kaldaniels (07-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He's officially dead now. RIP Tony Dow. I noticed that we shared a birthdate, April 13th. He was 18 years older than I.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/tony-do...77-1235077948/
    "Faaaather"
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?