Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1973 Reds replay season stats.

Re: My 1973 Reds replay season stats.

I honestly never knew there were all of these games available to play back in the day. I actually made up my own card and dice games for both MLB and NFL. Played entire seasons for the NFL. Mostly Reds' games for my baseball game I made up.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Weekly update.
    The Reds come out of the all star break with a DH right off the bat. Vs. Atlanta in Cincinnati. They lose game 1 on a bullpen implosion. Up 2-1 heading to the top of the 9th. Clay Carroll gives up a walk and 2 singles to load the bases with no outs.
    Gullett ( who is currently in the bullpen) Sparky made head scratching decisions as well. Gullett comes on a gives up a grand slam to Ralph Garr a double to Marty Perez and a run scoring single to Dusty Baker. Braves win 6-2

Game 2 Reds get the split 5-2 behind Ross Grimsley as he beats Neikro.
    Game 3 Billingham throws a 2 hit CG shutout. Reds win 6-0. Two HR game by Morgan.

Onto San Diego where the Padres win 4-3 in 12 innings. Gullett takes the loss in relief.
    He will now be moving back into the rotation next turn after about a month in the bullpen and Tom Hall will be returning to the pen.
    Another DH to close out the week and the Padre series. The Reds sweep it.
    Gary Nolan makes his season debut going 5 innings allowing 3 runs. Gets the win as the Reds win 8-7.
    Game 2 Roger Nelson beats future Red Mike Caldwell 3-1.

Dodgers stand at 68-37 The Reds 65-40.

Up next week will be another DH and a 4 game set at Atlanta followed by yet another DH and 4 games in Houston.
    Dodgers have 3 in Houston and 3 in S.F.
    Will update again next week.

Rotation moving forward for the next several turns will be Billingham. Norman, Grimsley and Gullett. After the next week of DHs. The Reds go to that 4 man rotation for several turns. Nolan has one last start next week and will not pitch again till 1975.
    Nelson moves to the pen after his next Start then to the IL to be replaced by Dave Tomlin.
    Griffey will eventually replace Nolan in late August.

Turn Off Ads?