Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Castillo Traded to Mariners

Re: Castillo Traded to Mariners

Still makes me kinda sick in the stomach to see this
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

Still makes me kinda sick in the stomach to see this
    Why? Because his nipples are hard?

4. Likes:

GAC (08-06-2022),Marc D (08-06-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-06-2022),Revering4Blue (08-06-2022),Tom Servo (08-06-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Why? Because his nipples are hard?
    Laughed out loud at this
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-06-2022),westofyou (08-06-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-06-2022)

Another reason I hate the Mariners' trident symbol is because it is the Brewers Organization and the Brewers colors. May as well root for the Cubs and wear a Cubs' hat.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Mariners just beat the Yankees in a season series for the first time since they had Mike Cameron and Bret Boone (and other ex-REDS) waaaaaaay back in 2002.

That's the difference Luis Castillo makes.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Makes me smile that Castillo has dominated the Yanks 3 times this season.... twice after not trading for him.
    “As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves.”
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

10. Likes:

HammerTime (08-11-2022),Kingspoint (08-10-2022),klw (08-10-2022),Revering4Blue (08-10-2022),WrongVerb (08-10-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Think any Mariners fan is missing Marte or Arroyo right now?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-10-2022),REDREAD (08-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Makes me smile that Castillo has dominated the Yanks 3 times this season.... twice after not trading for him.
    Absolutely. Scott Servais said that last night's game, and he said he's seen 1000's of them, was the best pitched game by two teams he's ever been a part of in his life. It's the best I've ever seen and I saw every pitch of the 13 innings, too. There were over 160 pitches that were 95+ mph, just for one example of what was going on by both teams and every pitcher. The starters never threw a fastball below 95 over the 15 innings they pitched. The pitchers got better the few times runners reached scoring position keeping batters hitless in the first 19 opportunities until the Mariners came through with two singles w/ RISP in the 13th. There may never be another scoreless game that goes to the bottom of the 13th in the ghost-runner era that we ever see. In the 10th and 11th, the M's Pitchers only faced two batters each as they converted double-plays to erase the ghost-runner.

The Yankees and M's are destined to face each other in the playoffs this season. The M's should get the 4th seed as they have the easiest schedule in MLB from this point forward. Seattle fans and players and announcers are amazed about Castillo after seeing him in person pitch-by-pitch for two games against the Yankees. Luis had 20 swing-and-misses yesterday. He never once left anything over the plate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Not a chance. Servais said last night about Castillo, "I don't know how it's going to turn out, but this is the kind of trade you need to make. To get a top-of-the-rotation guy like this, an ACE, you have to give the front office credit for doing this."

Yankees had 3 hits in 13 innings last night. Bullpen gave up none in 5 innings.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-10-2022 at 07:18 PM.

14. Likes:

Marc D (08-11-2022)

The Mariners had 32 1-run wins last year. Everyone said it was unsustainable. They have 27 this year (with 14 losses).

That's done with good Relief pitching and Defense, as Scott Servais said, you don't beat yourselves.

I see the REDS heading this same direction. We are accumulating incredible Starting Pitching. Bourgious Zee has covered well that our Relief Pitching has really good upside, though everyone knows it needs help at the AAA and AA level, but we now have the assets to move to balance things out. We are two years behind the Mariners' depth-wise from top-to-bottom, now much stronger on the bottom.

As the REDS' Major League roster gets replaced with better Defense and better Pitching from 1-14, the REDS will start winning more 1-run games, too. Just look at what the bullpen has done since the All-Star break. It's the small-sample sizes that give light to what's ahead. The REDS' hitting w/ RISP since the break has been good, too. Timeliness is a factor in 1-run games, the ability to step up and take your game to another level when the pressure rises, like the Mariners did again today.

Look at what Votto has done lately. He's clearly stepped up his play. Today he was the best Offensive player for the REDS', the worst Defensive player, too, but overall the best player. He's not our future, but he has to be showing younger guys how to stay focused and make adjustments throughout their seasons and careers.

BZ mentioned some of the pitching that has been injured. When a couple of them come back, it should help put the team in winning opportunities to win close games. Nothing would be better than to win games, as many as possible moving forward. It makes no difference where we draft next season. We filled the pipeline already. We'll draft well wherever we are in the draft next season. Winning and developing a quality attitude and quality players is all that matters right now.

16. Likes:

mbgrayson (08-10-2022)

From Heyman:

The Yankees tried hard for Luis Castillo, offering top prospect Jasson Dominguez in packages, according to sources. Nevertheless, they held firm on Anthony Volpe, and possibly also Oswald Peraza, two of the Reds’ targets, and Cincinnati ultimately decided they preferred the Mariners’ four-prospect offer that included Noelvi Marte.
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/11/who-ya...luis-castillo/
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-12-2022),RED VAN HOT (08-13-2022)

Luis Castillo vs Shohei Ohtani tonight.
    I'll be watching.

20. Likes:

HokieRed (08-15-2022),NebraskaRed (08-15-2022),REDREAD (08-15-2022),Revering4Blue (08-15-2022),westofyou (08-15-2022)

And old friend Cueto goes against Houston. Much better night to watch ex-Reds than actual Reds.

22. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-15-2022),REDREAD (08-15-2022),Revering4Blue (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Luis Castillo vs Shohei Ohtani tonight.
    I'll be watching.
    I'll be switching back and forth between the Reds and Mariners games

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    According to the Mariners fans on the Mariners subreddit: Yes

Especially since they are slipping in the standings recently.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    According to the Mariners fans on the Mariners subreddit: Yes

Especially since they are slipping in the standings recently.
    Not because of Castillo they aren't. And they get to enjoy him next year too. all fans suck IMO.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

26. Likes:

membengal (08-16-2022)

Turn Off Ads?