Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noelvi Marte

Re: Noelvi Marte

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I remember the Reds would have their top pick play a week or two in Billings even if they were ready to start at A or A+. I wonder if Marte being in Dayton is a week or two gift to those loyal Dragon fans and he'll be in AA shortly.
    Chattanooga doesn't have room for another SS right now. Let Marte play with a winning team and let's see how it goes

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

They started McLain at double A.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Chattanooga doesn't have room for another SS right now. Let Marte play with a winning team and let's see how it goes
    Whenever he proves to the Reds that he can hit A+, they should move him up to AA regardless of how many SS they have on their roster.

You don't delay guys' development because of positions. They can all play several spots and the DH.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-05-2022),mth123 (08-04-2022),Old school 1983 (08-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I remember the Reds would have their top pick play a week or two in Billings even if they were ready to start at A or A+. I wonder if Marte being in Dayton is a week or two gift to those loyal Dragon fans and he'll be in AA shortly.
    That’s what it feels like to me.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-04-2022)

Noelvi Marte home run 18. His swing looks amazing and easy power, just looks so polished.

10. Likes:

Betterread (09-07-2022),wolfboy (08-20-2022)

Love this swing. Noelvi Marte home run 19

12. Likes:

Betterread (09-07-2022),ochoa30 (09-08-2022),Redhook (09-07-2022),Tom Servo (09-07-2022)

https://www.redsminorleagues.com/202...-of-the-month/
    On August 19th the shortstop went 2-3 with a walk and a home run. Starting there and going through yesterday he’s played in 14 games and he’s hit the cover off of the ball, going 18-48 (.375) with 12 walks and just 8 strikeouts in 60 plate appearances. His on-base percentage in that 14 game stretch is a cool .500 and he’s slugging .542. Not to be overlooked is that Marte has also stolen 6 bases in 7 tries. After that slow start he has raised his line with the Dragons to .294/.402/.451 in his 29 games played.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

14. Likes:

Benihana (09-07-2022),WrongVerb (09-07-2022)

And he's not even old enough to buy a beer...

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That’s what it feels like to me.
    Speaking of Billings, anyone took a peek to see who their manager is right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    And he's not even old enough to buy a beer...
    Well, some places he can.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

I have now, I was going to guess Corky Miller, but alas its a name far less fun. Doesn't appear that Corky is managing anywhere atm, at least not professionally, I always figured he would get into coaching.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Speaking of Billings, anyone took a peek to see who their manager is right now?
    Since I live in Montana is it cheating if I answer? I'll answer anyways, it's Jim Riggleman, who must just love baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I have now, I was going to guess Corky Miller, but alas its a name far less fun. Doesn't appear that Corky is managing anywhere atm, at least not professionally, I always figured he would get into coaching.
    While Corky isn't managing or coaching, I understand that his mustache is the bullpen coach for the Punte Gorda Beached Whales.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Noelvi Marte will be representing Spain

22. Likes:

Betterread (09-14-2022),camisadelgolf (09-14-2022),Tuff Nut (09-14-2022)

He's been on base a few times. Popped up with the bases loaded early in the game. Game is on youtube and other sites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojL79u6RAY8

Just ended, Spain won 5-4.

Crazy watching that game, in Germany apparently you can light up a cigarette in the ballpark. People behind home plate were drinking and smoking. :0

24. Likes:

icehole3 (09-16-2022)

Turn Off Ads?