Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortstops for Days

Re: Shortstops for Days

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    No. India, Stephenson and Hunter Greene need to be the faces of the organization for the next five years at least.
    What if Arroyo, Marte, and EDLC blow the doors down? I’d at least consider it. The return could be substantial. I would like him to stick around though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    What if Arroyo, Marte, and EDLC blow the doors down? I’d at least consider it. The return could be substantial. I would like him to stick around though.
    Then I’d trade one of the prospects that’s blowing the doors down for pitching or other holes to contend for a title. India is a bird in the hand, and at a certain point you need veterans.

We’ve let enough very good players go over the last three years. You don’t want to be the Nationals, at a certain point you have to go for it.

Also with those three specifically, one can play SS, 3B and CF. You don’t necessarily have to trade any of them, including India to make room for any of those three.
    Last edited by Benihana; 08-02-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

4. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-02-2022),Revering4Blue (08-02-2022)

Many good and sensible ideas above, thanks.

With so many middle infielders incoming, and India not looking like a great bet to stay at 2B, a move to 3B makes sense. I would be tempted to move him over as soon as Drury is traded (or walks in the offseason). Slide Farmer to 2B for the balance of the season.

I would love to see this alignment in the IF soon:

India 3B
    Barrero SS
    McLain 2B

Some potential there to be really good on both sides of the ball, something the Reds have been missing since the 2010-2012 team.

I'd be tempted to deal India relatively soon, assuming the other team would pay through the nose in younger prospects.

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'd be tempted to deal India relatively soon, assuming the other team would pay through the nose in younger prospects.
    That'd be a hard pass for me. The rebuild needs to end today and move into the build stage.

9. Likes:

HammerTime (08-03-2022),missionhockey21 (08-03-2022),RiverRat13 (08-02-2022),Tadasimha (08-02-2022)

Remember a few months ago, when we were moderately optimistic about the future of Jose Torres as a shortstop? Talk about a forgotten man…
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

11. Likes:

mth123 (08-03-2022),OGB (08-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I kind of get where you are coming from. But even putting the PR hit aside, I need to see some of these guys dominate AA before I'd think of doing something like that.

Barrero is 0-4 tonight with three errors. I just don't think you start moving guys around until someone claims the job and looks like a long term solution at the major league level.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

14. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Barrero is 0-4 tonight with three errors. I just don't think you start moving guys around until someone claims the job and looks like a long term solution at the major league level.
    No worries they traded for another SS today.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

First you get the shortstops.

Then you get the power.

Then you get the women.

17. Likes:

missionhockey21 (08-03-2022),OGB (08-04-2022),sdwagers (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    First you get the shortstops.

Then you get the power.

Then you get the women.
    Must... protect... shortstops. Thieves everywhere. The strong must protect the shortstops. The shortstops..
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

19. Likes:

missionhockey21 (08-03-2022),OGB (08-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    That'd be a hard pass for me. The rebuild needs to end today and move into the build stage.
    Agreed. Beyond that, successful teams need players not just with India’s skill but his makeup. The younger corp. may have that, they may not, but India does. I just hope it’s not snuffed out before the Reds are making noise again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Turn Off Ads?