Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahle traded to the Twins

Re: Mahle traded to the Twins

We REALLY liked the Twins draft last year - we've acquired 3 of their first 5 picks in the last 6 months.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

Gallen5862 (08-02-2022),Kingspoint (08-02-2022),REDREAD (08-02-2022),SirFelixCat (08-02-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'm always ready to bash Krall, but this is a good return. Ignore the MLB Pipeline ratings, which are historically too slow to adjust to actual performance in my estimation. All three are performing at a strong level.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-02-2022),Old school 1983 (08-02-2022),Rojo Rijo (08-02-2022),Ron Madden (08-02-2022),SirFelixCat (08-02-2022),UK Reds Fan (08-02-2022),WrongVerb (08-02-2022)

I'm in wait and see mode on this deal. Steer is doing well in AAA so he should be ready in 2023. Hajjar(the 61ist pick in the 2021 draft) is a big 21 year old lefty in A ball. Still a bit of a project. Encarnacion-Strand will likely be what determines if this was a good trade or not. He's put up monster numbers in A+/AA this year.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-02-2022),Ron Madden (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    Wasn’t expecting a Castilllo return, but I’m underwhelmed.

Are the Reds planning for a 7 man infield? Are the Reds OF-intolerant?
    My thought too, though I like it a bit more after reading up on the guys than I was at first blush. I'm a bit surprised we went for volume over impact and share your concern about the lack of OF. But any guy who can play a solid 3B can likely play a solid corner OF.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 08-02-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-02-2022)

Steer and CES could be up very soon. Wonder if Krall and the boys targeted that for the Mahle return

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think Encarnacion-Strand is getting dinged for being a corner IF prospect who's likely 1B/DH bound which are never sexy, but at just 22 he's already destroying AA pitching. He could be for real.
    Actually he reminds me a lot of Seth Mejias-Brean, right down to the hyphenated last name.

- - - Updated - - -

So we essentially traded Mahle for the 22 year old version of Drury, Seth Mejias-Brean and Brad Boxberger. When you put it like that...
    Go BLUE!!!

Steer's bat looks for real and can play all infield positions. Seems like a ballplayers has nice command off strikezone and has pop. Like the India comparison

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Spencer Steer could be ok, but he could also be Seth Mejias-Brean.
    What? How?

Spencer Steer career minor league OPS: 846
    Seth Meijas Brean career minor league OPS: 745
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-02-2022),Old school 1983 (08-02-2022),Puffy (08-02-2022),wolfboy (08-02-2022)

Actually he reminds me a lot of Seth Mejias-Brean, right down to the hyphenated last name.
    Any particular reason why, besides the superficial last name thing? SMB was spending his age 22 season in low A ball.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    disagree. guys raking at AA at age 22 have high upside.

I'm very pleased a SP was included too. Plus there is still Drury, Solano and please god Senzel to deal.

- - - Updated - - -

you are delightful.
    I’m really excited for that 100 loss season coming next year, but heck, that Dayton rotation is going to be lit!

- - - Updated - - -

So we essentially traded Mahle for the 22 year old version of Drury, Seth Mejias-Brean and Brad Boxberger. When you put it like that...
    I see India, Nick Esasky, and Denny Neagle.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-02-2022),Old school 1983 (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Steer and CES could be up very soon. Wonder if Krall and the boys targeted that for the Mahle return
    Interested to see where they start CES. Possible they challenge him in Louisville?

21. Likes:

Rowsdower (08-02-2022),wolfboy (08-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I think Encarnacion-Strand might be the crown jewel of the trade. He's murdered the ball at every stop in the minors. Dude hit for the cycle in his fourth game at AA:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Py...hannel=TFTwins
    Thanks for that video post, WB. That actually changed my view of the trade a lot.

Look like a bit stronger build. With that power, could easily play in LF if we have a baker's dozen of infielders to choose from.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-02-2022),Rowsdower (08-02-2022),wolfboy (08-02-2022)

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

For what it’s worth. Bleacher Report had Encarnacion up to 3rd in their latest Twins prospect rankings.

25. Likes:

JFLegal (08-02-2022),Kingspoint (08-02-2022)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Weird comp. Seth Mejias-Brean had zero HR power for a 1B/3B. Above High A, the most he hit over a full season was 11.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

27. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-02-2022)

Turn Off Ads?