Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Barrero Called Up

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Jose Barrero Called Up

Time to sink or swim, Mr. Barrero.

Hasn’t been tearing it up, but this is the perfect time to give him an extended look.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Likes:

CySeymour (08-03-2022),elrojo (08-10-2022),GAC (08-04-2022),icehole3 (08-03-2022),KeefeCato (08-03-2022),REDREAD (08-03-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jose Barrero Called Up

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post

Hasn’t been tearing it up, but this is the perfect time to give him an extended look.
    Big question is if they will let him play. The organization can't just having him come up and sit on the bench.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Big question is if they will let him play. The organization can't just having him come up and sit on the bench.
    3rd base?

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Talked with Jose Barrero a few weeks ago in Louisville. On his struggles after hamate surgery: “It’s never happened to me, but hey, it happened. I don’t feel pressure. I’m continuing to work. I know that things are going to work out.”

LanceMcAlister
    @LanceMcAlister
    Left side defense of Farmer at 3B and Barrero at SS would certainly help a young pitching staff over final 59 games.

How is it a perfect time if he is not hitting? You think facing MLB pitchers is going to help his confidence that is one key component in hitting that people forget about that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    How is it a perfect time if he is not hitting? You think facing MLB pitchers is going to help his confidence that is one key component in hitting that people forget about that is needed.
    The games don’t matter and he’ll get plenty of swings to build up that confidence.

Or we could just keep waiting until he says he’s happy and ready and everything is perfect.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-10-2022),Kurt Stillwell (08-04-2022),Ron Madden (08-03-2022),TRF (08-03-2022)

3rd base?
    He’s way better than Farmer defensively.

11. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-03-2022),Ron Madden (08-03-2022),Tom Servo (08-03-2022)

He's here for his glove. After his hamate bone trouble the hitting is going to be slow coming back. Lets just hope that the improved defense helps our young pitchers.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-03-2022)

You love Farmer to 3B. You don’t waste Jose there. They better not be pulling that garbage or sticking him in the OF.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-03-2022),wlf WV (08-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You love Farmer to 3B. You don’t waste Jose there. They better not be pulling that garbage or sticking him in the OF.
    I do love Farmer at 3rd.

17. Likes:

elrojo (08-10-2022)

I won't mind if he is not in the lineup tonight. You never know how travel can be but I hope he plays everyday after today.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    He's here for his glove. After his hamate bone trouble the hitting is going to be slow coming back. Lets just hope that the improved defense helps our young pitchers.
    No it does not take long to come back from hamate I used to think that but the study of the injury does not support this conclusion. Only about 8% are significantly affected

I'd rather see Steer brought up to play third over Farmer playing there. Steer has a near .900 OPS between AA and AAA this year with 23 2B, 20 HR and a respectable BB/SO rate. Let Farm Dog be the super sub and let Barrero and Steer get some MLB reps going into 2023.

21. Likes:

LeatherPants (08-03-2022)

The games don’t matter and he’ll get plenty of swings to build up that confidence.

Or we could just keep waiting until he says he’s happy and ready and everything is perfect.
    How is striking out and being dominated by pitchers at the MLB level going to help. Obviously it is doing wonders for Aquino bat.

We are doing the same thing to Barraro that we are doing to Senzel figure it out in the majors just criminal development practice

Hey you cannot do basic geometry here lets promote you to calculus class
    Last edited by InsaneinthBrame; 08-03-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    No it does not take long to come back from hamate I used to think that but the study of the injury does not support this conclusion. Only about 8% are significantly affected
    Do you have a link to this study?

Turn Off Ads?